Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMASSydney

You can't win sometimes...

16 comments in this topic

17 posts

I only usually play about half a dozen random battles a day and they are usually in my Bismarck and Gneisenau. I usually push in every battle as soon as I sense an opportunity.

I have noticed a 80 to 90% of the time that other team mates next to me fail to take advantage of the same opportunities.

The reason I said "you can't win sometimes" is because of my second last match in my Bismarck.

I was over the west side of the map at near full strength with 2 full strength team mates ( a Tirpitz and Nagato).

Most of my team mates and opposition were over the eastern side of the map.

We were pushing in towards the cap and There were 3 opposition ships (Bismarck, Alabama and a destroyer) within 12km

Their Bismarck was about 3/4 health after I landed a few shots on him from 18km out

Knowing we had the advantage with the Bismarck and Tirpitz secondaries I decided to push ahead.

I was holding my own when I noticed my team mates in the Tirpitz and Nagato had turned around and were heading behind an island.

You can guess what happened then... 

I got focus fired.

I got spammed with HE from the destroyer whilst trying to angle against both BB's guns. 

It was all over once the CV's dive bombers caught wind of what was happening.

It would have been so much different if my team mates pushed in with me.

I was going to go write about it in the forum because it happens way to often when you commit.

Anyway, I decided I would play another battle instead in my Bismarck before writing in the forum.

I decided I will sit back for once and see what happens.

I was sailing around looking for good targets in about the 15km range.

About 15 minutes into the battle I noticed somebody post in the chat.

They said "our Bissi isn't doing his job"

I messaged back and said "Bissi is sick of getting no support in battles"

I pushed in at the end and we won easily and I was in the top 3 ships in our team.

So the one match where I do sit back a bit, I'm all of a sudden not doing my job.

Considering my team mates usually never support me when we have the advantage, I can only assume the Bismarcks "job" is to push in while your team mates sit back and watch you get focus fired.

112 posts
5,463 battles

Finding the right time to push is a skill in itself, there is a happy medium between 'suicidal charge' and 'good pushing'. Watch youtube commentators to gain a better idea of when that time comes.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Theres so many cowards in this game. The situation your described happens so often.

In that situation just go back to port roll another game. The tards in this game dont want their paint scratched. They will never be good players. Good players can hold their own even in 2 vs 1 scenarios. If players run from an even or advantagous fight. Then they are noobs. Nothing you can do.

1,105 posts

Theres so many cowards in this game. The situation your described happens so often.

In that situation just go back to port roll another game. The tards in this game dont want their paint scratched. They will never be good players. Good players can hold their own even in 2 vs 1 scenarios. If players run from an even or advantagous fight. Then they are noobs. Nothing you can do.

Yolo brother here, i must admit a coward team is really annoying...... but here is some trick that sometimes work :

1. shout to everybody "i am going to yolo" :izmena:

2. tell enemy " attack me! i am 100% badass " or " need dreadnought achievemen, attack me!" :playing:

3. explain some ship to company you, " oi Ship A, C, and D, stay behind me, i am going to tank "

4. play CV instead..... that bomber is always go yolo.... they are the most brave in the game!

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-05272015-970x545.jpg

Edited by Skarhabek

173 posts
5,332 battles

HMAS Sydney, you can try what I'm doing in my Bismarck at the start of the match. I type: "I will push to A". It is pretty effective in a lot of my games and I get the screening of a DD and the cruisers. If you got no support, best thing you can do is kite the enemy, slow them down as much as you can, and hope that the other side will push through.

Also, push but don't overextend. Bismarck sitting near a cap point is a great psychological weapon. When you have already captured an objective, resist the urge to pursue fleeing enemies, instead let them come to you.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,970 battles

So I played my Fletcher, capped a point solo, saw enemy fletcher, threw torps. My torp hits 12,569 dmg he lives. Then I run into his torp I die (RNG Jesus hates me)

First to die on team. Exit to port, play my Duca. Come back. DEFEAT! Check the screen... I came first with 670 points... the next best was 350.. lowest was 47... in a tier 9 match... when I died first in like the first 3 mins.

HOW?

How are people THIS bad at tier 9?

I mean, the BOTS are better!

980 posts
12,617 battles

So I played my Fletcher, capped a point solo, saw enemy fletcher, threw torps. My torp hits 12,569 dmg he lives. Then I run into his torp I die (RNG Jesus hates me)

First to die on team. Exit to port, play my Duca. Come back. DEFEAT! Check the screen... I came first with 670 points... the next best was 350.. lowest was 47... in a tier 9 match... when I died first in like the first 3 mins.

HOW?

How are people THIS bad at tier 9?

I mean, the BOTS are better!

welcome to the weekend

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

High-tier Party with SEA players :trollface:, play more and see more

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

Idk what to do anymore :I My loading time still sucks, and when I do get in game, the team isn't doing shit with the enemy having 2 out of 3 cap points, while the last cap point is left empty by my team

17 posts

Finding the right time to push is a skill in itself, there is a happy medium between 'suicidal charge' and 'good pushing'. Watch youtube commentators to gain a better idea of when that time comes.

It definitely wasn't a suicide charge... I had 2 BB team mates right behind me and the odds couldn't have been more in our favour.

You kind of assume that when they follow you to the cap, they are going to stick by when the odds are on your side.

I swear team mates are sacrificing you to focus fire on purpose, so they can sit back and improve their stats.

The problem with the youtube commentators is they are well known and other players tend to support them in a push, like a bunch of groupies.

Maybe in the lower tier Bismarck games I will just start following New Mexico's and Colorado's around.

At least then they won't run away in hurry.

Edited by HMASSydney

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

Yesterday was a real horror show, but today I actually got carried a fair bit after dying stupidly plenty of times.

Bonus Weekend really exemplifies the "Random" in Random Battles.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,513 battles

I've actually been seeing this problem A LOT lately in all tiers.

I've had to lead the charge in Myogi/Kongo countless times yesterday with USN BBs hanging back... This is whilst most of our Cruisers are hiding behind them!!! I'm not even kidding, this has happened bucketloads of times when we outnumber enemy ships left 2:1...

Ok, so let's forgive them - it's only tier 4-5...

Atago/Ibuki...

With both I have max cammo, so often I play stealth torps while spotting for our BBs, because no other CAs or DDs are doing the job... That's cool, I don't mind. But when our BBs get wiped by CV, Hindenburg I know you have mad range but how about sitting near our BBs so you can tear up those Bomber wings?

I would do it but I'm busy playing DD atm.

End of the story? There's usually zero teamwork in Warships outside of ranked...

344 posts
7,061 battles

Yep, pretty normal anytime you play warships. It happens all the time when I play my Montana. Get myself in a decent position with some support(supposedly) of BB and CA, try to push a bit, look around in between salvos, your team mates have all left you and you're getting focused down by multiple ships.Ask wtf? in chat and get told to learn when to push, don't overextend blah blah. Well if you chicken shits hadn't buggered off I wouldn't have been over extended would I? Frustrating but I doubt it will change.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Sad the cowards think they are good leaving team mates to die.

Only later in game they cant do jacksheet and die themselves.

I dunno. The meta does suck.

Im just waiting for the next season of ranked.

Sign in to follow this