You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

About T8 cruisers

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Any Cruiser can be citadel'd easily if they show their broadside.

IJN cruisers are more prone to citadel cuz of their torp placement which will make them go full broadside just to torp (aside from Atago/Takao who has better torp placement)

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Any Cruiser can be citadel'd easily if they show their broadside.

IJN cruisers are more prone to citadel cuz of their torp placement which will make them go full broadside just to torp (aside from Atago/Takao who has better torp placement)

IMO IJN cruisers' turret transverse is more problematic than torp angle. Many people totally ignore IJN cruisers' torps unless kiting.

Edited by _Halcyon

980 posts
12,617 battles

If you stay slightly angled to enemy incoming shells, you will take citadels easily.

If you stay completely broadside to incoming shells, they will over pen and you will take less damage. 

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

If you stay slightly angled to enemy incoming shells, you will take citadels easily.

If you stay completely broadside to incoming shells, they will over pen and you will take less damage. 

Is this trolling .

IJN has largeer citadel and more exposed, thats it. Thats the prics for having gud guns and torps

[151ST]
1,011 posts
4,497 battles

IJN CAs are awesome but the price is your cita size...

Angle, speed control, cammo (ie firing of guns) control and you should be able to jump people, wipe/almost wipe them and hide again.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Is this trolling .

IJN has largeer citadel and more exposed, thats it. Thats the prics for having gud guns and torps

but why would I troll! :ohmy: I am a helpful forum contributor. Ask Nishthedestroyer.

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

but why would I troll! :ohmy: I am a helpful forum contributor. Ask Nishthedestroyer.

Well i get that you cant get them to work and so cant i. I stink in a Myoko because i am too agressive and recklessly seeking enemy.

I hate their sluggish turn of both ship and gun as well as the bad placement forcing you to use butt tanking that is risky as the ass is not armored to prevent citadel hits.

However whether their AP or HE or torps , they,are extremely potent and can wreck anything that underestimate them. The only thing stopping them is that they cant full broadside often

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

if you check IJN Cruiser such as Ibuki, Mogami, and Myouko

you will notice that their citadel area is far more vulnerable than Atago and Zao (but both are still vulnerable given the chance)

Beta Tester
906 posts

Paytago can give tier 10s a run for their money. 

Yesterday had a game with the paytago and made 32k captains xp. Obviously stacked with a few flags. 

This is one ship I dont care if I get thrown into tier 10 games. Actually i dont care in any ship lol. But still I love it more when paytago gets up tiered. The 9.1km concealment is what makes it work. 

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

@Somedude_Yudachi, Atago has typical citadel protection while the Prinz Eugen / Hipper has Turtleback. They won't stop BB shells, but it is almost impossible to citadel Eugen / Hipper with cruiser AP. Atago can be citadelled easily, just shoot the waterline at the rear half of the ship. I one shot Atago and Mogami with MK/Edin before several times. Showing braodside is a big no-no for IJN cruiser when you brawl with people who are not HE spammer scrubs. However sometimes you can get away with it using German cruisers because of the turtle back.

And again, this doesn't apply against BBs, but Atago will still take bigger hit than Eugen. This is fine though, you can heal back while Eugen can't.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
17 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

@Somedude_Yudachi, Atago has typical citadel protection while the Prinz Eugen / Hipper has Turtleback. They won't stop BB shells, but it is almost impossible to citadel Eugen / Hipper with cruiser AP. Atago can be citadelled easily, just shoot the waterline at the rear half of the ship. I one shot Atago and Mogami with MK/Edin before several times. Showing braodside is a big no-no for IJN cruiser when you brawl with people who are not HE spammer scrubs. However sometimes you can get away with it using German cruisers because of the turtle back.

And again, this doesn't apply against BBs, but Atago will still take bigger hit than Eugen. This is fine though, you can heal back while Eugen can't.

No i dont think Eugen , Hipper cant be citadelled with cruiser AP. These 2 in particular is especially vulnerable to get cit by AP if the shells hit the aft area if you catch them broadside or between the superstructure and forward turrets.

US AP in particular no problem citadel these mini turtle back

[BOTES]
437 posts
3,951 battles
19 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

They won't stop BB shells, but it is almost impossible to citadel Eugen / Hipper with cruiser AP.

lFcFpFM.jpg

No.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
12 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

No i dont think Eugen , Hipper cant be citadelled with cruiser AP. These 2 in particular is especially vulnerable to get cit by AP if the shells hit the aft area if you catch them broadside or between the superstructure and forward turrets.

US AP in particular no problem citadel these mini turtle back

Yes, as easy as citadelling an FDG with other BB. I didn't say its entirely impossible. Take screenshots next time you do it. Also, the point was Atago and Hipper, who is vulnerable. But I understand, there will always be some badass who are ready with imaginary counter examples regardless of thread topic or context. I know, Des Moines and Moskva can easily delete Hipper. Find a T8 cruiser that does the same.

10 hours ago, 9mm1n said:

No.

Yes, 2 citadel on stationary target for 36 shell hits which I am pretty sure you targeted all of them towards the citadel. So which part of "ALMOST" did you fail to read?

Edited by icy_phoenix

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Yes, as easy as citadelling an FDG with other BB. I didn't say its entirely impossible. Take screenshots next time you do it. Also, the point was Atago and Hipper, who is vulnerable. But I understand, there will always be some badass who are ready with imaginary counter examples regardless of thread topic or context. I know, Des Moines and Moskva can easily delete Hipper. Find a T8 cruiser that does the same.

Yes, 2 citadel on stationary target for 36 shell hits which I am pretty sure you targeted all of them towards the citadel. So which part of "ALMOST" did you fail to read?

Nah, if New Orleans isnt pepper to death from long range , im pretty sure i can land cit on Hipper or Atago if they show broadside with Atago being easier since it is more intuitive by aiming to land in the middle, Hipper is harder since the shell has to land at the back or front section of hull and not the middle.

Sold NO, sr cant give you that picture

Also , Hipper with 4x2 setup will have gun output problem compare to Atago during a shoot out.

Edited by legionary2099

372 posts
10,097 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Scroll up and read what you wrote? You said hipper is almost impossible to cit for cruiser ap. Tier not specified. If hipper which has shite ap pen can citadel itself at a relatively close range of 10km then ships like New Orleans will have no difficulty citadelling hipper let alone the higher tiers that hipper faces often.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, WongSongMing said:

Scroll up and read what you wrote? You said hipper is almost impossible to cit for cruiser ap. Tier not specified. If hipper which has shite ap pen can citadel itself at a relatively close range of 10km then ships like New Orleans will have no difficulty citadelling hipper let alone the higher tiers that hipper faces often.

Scroll even higher, up to the title. That's why I didn't take others into account. And I am holding on my point that Hipper / Eugen is the hardest T8 CA to citadel. Other T8 cruisers have shit citadel protection compared to Hipper. Argue about that all you want.

Edited by icy_phoenix

372 posts
10,097 battles
8 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Scroll even higher, up to the title. That's why I didn't take others into account. And I am holding on my point that Hipper / Eugen is the hardest T8 CA to citadel. Other T8 cruisers have shit citadel protection compared to Hipper. Argue about that all you want.

Hardest does not equate to nearly impossible.