Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

do you think there'll be any BB that match or surpass Yamato(gun)?

20 comments in this topic

1,141 posts

despite one of the oldest ship in game yet she still roll supreme and accepted as a best tier 10 BB by many

(of cause she must be in a hand of those who know how to play her)

but, this game still have long future (... I think...)

so, do you think there's chance that WG implement a BB that can surpass or at least match yamato gun in future?

we already disappoint about project H battleship of german BB that can potential surpass yamato...

but come on, this game already have some fictional ship right?

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,221 battles

Other than the Musashi (if they ever bring her in) no other BB will ever have a 460mm Gun, they have said this before many times as no other navy was serious about having that size gun on a BB other than wishful dreams of various Admirals.

And as for the Kurfurst being a disapointment it's a bloody good ship that can go toe to toe with both the Yamato & Montana.

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

Meh, there is many paper concept, only few were developed, then deployed.

even those considered "Paper" , Like - Gun on Moskva. were actualy finished prototype testing in 1954

that mean, the guns were very real, but never deployed on any ships

at some point, you should ask. what line WG would not cross when implementing paper project

18 inch gun on H project is as fleeting cloud, as 20 inch gun of Super Yamato

[MEGA]
4,680 posts
18,037 battles

perhapes the brits?

the only feasible guns on T10 BB are either

2x4 460

3*4 406/410/420

3*3 460

or fast firing 3*3s

eventually a ship will come along with 460s

295 posts
2,999 battles

This is WG. I don't really trust their, "That won't happen again or That won't happen at all" statements after playing WOT for 5 years. Devs constantly change their stance depending on the situation.

1,386 posts
8,367 battles

I heard the Brits have some design of 457mm guns which are technically smaller than 460mm.

USN also had 457mm/18.0" Montana designs, despite all being rejected during early stages.

32mm*14.3=457.6mm, which means 18.0" shells still got autobounce off 32mm when angled.

But 18" guns can still overmatch 30mm deck of T10 heavy cruisers, an ability I see as more critical than overmatching BB 32mm. HE can be good at fighting bow tank BB, but isn't that effective against cruisers. And scaring off cruisers are critical to BB survival.

Edited by _Halcyon

Beta Tester
21 posts
8,428 battles

USN also had 457mm/18.0" Montana designs, despite all being rejected during early stages.

32mm*14.3=457.6mm, which means 18.0" shells still got autobounce off 32mm when angled.

But 18" guns can still overmatch 30mm deck of T10 heavy cruisers, an ability I see as more critical than overmatching BB 32mm. HE can be good at fighting bow tank BB, but isn't that effective against cruisers. And scaring off cruisers are critical to BB survival.

No, that gun wasn't for the Montana, it was a rumour when the Navy heard about a Japanese battleship to be equipped with that gun.

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

Those 18inch gun never complete

Admiral Furlong during General Board Hearing, state that those 18 Inch gun were worse, and have lesser range than 16inch/50

the Tube lifetime also can only sustain 120 Shoot before needed to be Replaced. while 16inch/50 have lifetime of 350 shoot (USN and British standard)

the whole project scraped soon after

Edited by humusz

1,386 posts
8,367 battles

No, that gun wasn't for the Montana, it was a rumour when the Navy heard about a Japanese battleship to be equipped with that gun.

Thx for correction, sorry for my poor memory. There wasn't a 18" design of BB-65 Montana, instead there was actually a 14" design(BB-65J of 1939). The later super treaty designs made after the war begun all featured 16" guns.

There were thinkings of putting 18" Mk A or 16" Mk4 on a BB-65 Montana in 1939, but as the design was targeting 45000 ton standard at that time, those guns were too heavy and there wasn't a design featuring them.

Edited by _Halcyon

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Well, if we are talking about gun calibre, I really doubt it. Gun performance, doubt it as well.

War Gaming wants Yamato to have the best BB guns in the game because supposedly, it can't compete with GK or Montana without those god tier guns. 

[MEGA]
4,680 posts
18,037 battles

Well, if we are talking about gun calibre, I really doubt it. Gun performance, doubt it as well.

War Gaming wants Yamato to have the best BB guns in the game because supposedly, it can't compete with GK or Montana without those god tier guns. 

because it cant, simple as that, and the montana's guns are actually the punchiest gun of them all IMHO

980 posts
12,782 battles

Can we please have the super-alsace with 4x4 380mm guns? With the same 35% fire chance and 28 second reload as the Dunkerque? 

Nobody will talk about Yamatos big guns, blah blah blah, if we have this thing firing 10k+ damage salvo of HE and setting 3 fires with each salvo. 

[MEGA]
4,680 posts
18,037 battles

Can we please have the super-alsace with 4x4 380mm guns? With the same 35% fire chance and 28 second reload as the Dunkerque? 

Nobody will talk about Yamatos big guns, blah blah blah, if we have this thing firing 10k+ damage salvo of HE and setting 3 fires with each salvo. 

and give each turret on that ship as much of a chance to detonate as Richelieu's and then we're talking

"sir, we have engaged the enemy"

"enemy salvo incoming"

"sir we have just became the Richelieu"

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

It's all well and good to have big guns but I still haven't come across a team that does not universally know a Yamato is a threat and focus fire on it.  

inb4, Yamato is a very good target for RN CLs to farm ribbons on :D

[BOTES]
Modder
450 posts
3,978 battles

View Postdrakon233, on 30 April 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

and give each turret on that ship as much of a chance to detonate as Richelieu's and then we're talking

"sir, we have engaged the enemy"

"enemy salvo incoming"

"sir we have just became the Richelieu"

Are you referring to the premature explosion of her No. 2 turret? I really doubt that could be counted as an detonation.

Edited by 9mm1n

[MEGA]
4,680 posts
18,037 battles

Are you referring to the premature explosion of her No. 2 turret? I really doubt that could be counted as an detonation.

implode then, i used detonation to trigger people

Sign in to follow this