You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cronicash

Whats up with Russian DD's overly nerfed?

55 comments in this topic

49 posts
2,336 battles

From previous vids and tutorials featuring russian DD's before they got crippled made them look quite appealing. 

Bad torp range, concealment and larger caliber guns that have little to no advantage (slightly better velocity) despite being bigger vs other DD's makes this line of ships almost superfluous.

Tashkent-class destroyer = 139.7 m (458 ft 4 in) Length

Atlanta-class cruiser = 164.90 m (541 ft) 

I dont see the Keiv being 25 meters shorter?

Even if this was done to ballance game they wouldnt have to make it this big surley?

If they had to then wouldnt it also be appropriate to have a few more hit points? Japanese DD of equivalent tier is only 1k shy of hit points yet half the size.

Size of KIEV vs ATLANTA 

Better res pic http://iforce.co.nz/i/drqtuut3.mt2.jpg

worldofwarships_2017_04_29_16_09_36_381.jpg

Edited by Cronicash

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yeah, I don't understand it either, I've been lobbying for buffs to Gremyashchy for almost two years now, but nothing has happened.

Sure, she gets 8km torpedoes, however they're just too slow to hit anything and don't even get me started on the aweful turret traverse speed,

or the abysmal health pool on all RU DDs in general...

It's things like this that make me think that the devs don't even play their own game.

49 posts
2,336 battles

Yeah exactly what i do. For size and sluggish rudder you'd think guns would make up for it though?

Working towards inertia fuse and demo expert to try help. Bit embarrassing how a smaller DD can take you out point blank faster than you can take them out though considering it should be a half decent gun boat?

Try to keep that 10km+ going but hard when other DD's concealment is way better when spotting/ scouting. (screw capping) 

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Yeah exactly what i do. For size and sluggish rudder you'd think guns would make up for it though?

Working towards inertia fuse and demo expert to try help. Bit embarrassing how a smaller DD can take you out point blank faster than you can take them out though considering it should be a half decent gun boat?

Try to keep that 10km+ going but hard when other DD's concealment is way better when spotting/ scouting. (screw capping) 

Maybe you should learn how to speed tanking....

49 posts
2,336 battles

speed tanking

I already do this where possible. This tactic is still not enough to make the ship shine. Land between 100-200 shots per game so hitting the enemy and aiming for superstructures isint hard. Without beeing able to really utilize torps damage delt takes too long. By the time you have done decent damage either a second cv turns up or BB turrets are finally on you. 

Super Tester
316 posts
3,400 battles

you see tovarisch, to play RU DD well you need bait, IJN DD bait seems to be the best, and while everything is focused on the bait, you do RU DD things

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I already do this where possible. This tactic is still not enough to make the ship shine. Land between 100-200 shots per game so hitting the enemy and aiming for superstructures isint hard. Without beeing able to really utilize torps damage delt takes too long. By the time you have done decent damage either a second cv turns up or BB turrets are finally on you. 

Gunboats said: "what is torp? We don't need them since our guns are already powerful enough couple with good shell arc." (okay, maybe Ognevoi needs it).

295 posts
6,595 battles

If you're playing russian DD for torp you're playing the wrong lines bro

Edited by Teostra

49 posts
2,336 battles

Not playing for torp. trying to say since the torp is no good then either make the hull smaller like it should be or make the guns better. Put it back the way they were before nerf. 

634 posts
6,210 battles

Not playing for torp. trying to say since the torp is no good then either make the hull smaller like it should be or make the guns better. Put it back the way they were before nerf. 

guns not good for u?? 1900 alpha not good for u????

49 posts
2,336 battles

Yeah but if its not a cruiser then why is it the same size as one? Even IRL there is a decent difference in size. Thrown all my upgrades on rudder at the mo to make up for. 

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Yeah but if its not a cruiser then why is it the same size as one? Even IRL there is a decent difference in size. Thrown all my upgrades on rudder at the mo to make up for. 

I'm pretty sure no Cruisers can sail at the speed of +40kts....

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

Today in my Tashkent I encountered an enemy Fletcher contesting the cap zone. I hit Speed Boost and headed towards her at full throttle. She smoked up and vanished.

Yet Tashkent sped on. Torpedoes appeared right off the starboard bow, then another salvo even closer. Fortunately, the captain was able to adjust her course in time to avoid calamity. Some of the crew raced off to change their pants.

Yet Tashkent still sped on! 48 knots of fury plunged into the dark depths of that accursed American smoke. Suddenly, enemy Fletcher was sighted through the mist - only 2 kilometres away and directly ahead, backing up slowly and obviously quite unprepared for the intrusion.

Yet Tashkent showed no signs of slowing! The Fletcher's guns spoke once, twice... but it was already too late. Her fate was sealed. Tashkent's righteous bow plowed into the Fletcher's soft hull without mercy, breaking her in two. Tashkent herself continued on proudly, protected from complete destruction by her sheer bulk and a Hotel Yankee flag. Damage control crews immediately set about repairing the severely damaged vessel and returning her to fighting form.

Today was a good day for Tashkent.

634 posts
6,210 battles

the game's rendering system meant that the ship u are driving is always displaced bigger than others.

Also, and ru dd have one of the best winrate and damage of all DDs,

are you even serious?  they deserved the nerf anyway 

634 posts
6,210 battles

Bad torp range,

You go to IJN DDs for that,

bad concealment 

KM DDs says hi. Also you have a lot of health+unrivaled speed to dodge shells

and larger caliber guns that have little to no advantage (slightly better velocity)

1900 alpha. Top HE penetration, good reload, if RU DDs guns are bad maybe IJN DD guns are what?

despite being bigger vs other DD's makes this line of ships almost superfluous.

Looks at kabharovsk, oh wait, 20k more avg dmg than any other nation's DD is not good enough for you?

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,015 battles

Yeah, I don't understand it either, I've been lobbying for buffs to Gremyashchy for almost two years now, but nothing has happened.

Sure, she gets 8km torpedoes, however they're just too slow to hit anything and don't even get me started on the aweful turret traverse speed,

or the abysmal health pool on all RU DDs in general...

It's things like this that make me think that the devs don't even play their own game.

This is just bloody hilarious the sarcasm is strong with you ROFL :popcorn:

49 posts
2,336 battles

Yeah actually when you get in a fight with other DD's the russians are twice as much a target to hit and easily gain allot more damage in a short time, even if at only a slight angle of attack. Profile is that large that no matter what you do even well aim'ed considering russian DD spread,  the damage delt to you in the same amount of time vs 100hp less of a japanese DD HE is way ott.  Find this line of ships nothing but annoyance to BB's and stay away from most crusier's. Waste of time otherwise. Pretty BS the 130mm boats  are no match for most  127mm boats. Yeah you can post vids of those that have killed usd and IJN DD's but in all reality its normally the other way around....

Edited by Cronicash

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Maybe Russian DDs are just not for the OP. Personally I find them a lot of fun.

Just shoot everything at near my max range while dodging nearly everything they throw at me.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Yeah actually when you get in a fight with other DD's the russians are twice as much a target to hit and easily gain allot more damage in a short time, even if at only a slight angle of attack. Profile is that large that no matter what you do even well aim'ed considering russian DD spread,  the damage delt to you in the same amount of time vs 100hp less of a japanese DD HE is way ott.  Find this line of ships nothing but annoyance to BB's and stay away from most crusier's. Waste of time otherwise. Pretty BS the 130mm boats  are no match for most  127mm boats. Yeah you can post vids of those that have killed usd and IJN DD's but in all reality its normally the other way around....

IJN vs RU DD

Which one will win. (thinking)