Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

causing ammunition explosion requires skill or luck?

17 comments in this topic

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

RNG luck. To cause detonation. you need to hit the magazine. Usually at the guns or below the gun. Destroyer usually have the best chance of detonation

However, this rule doesnt apply to CV. CVs dont have ammo. Only planes. (practically the planes have ammo or torps or bombs but meh)

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,856 battles

However, this rule doesnt apply to CV. CVs dont have ammo. Only planes. (practically the planes have ammo or torps or bombs but meh)

Too bad there is no "boiler room explosion" so all classes would be on the equal footing. :trollface:

Btw, practically speaking, isn't dds are regarded as having "no magazines" due to the gun caliber being too small (I don't remember the exact threshold caliber though)? If that is the case then how DDs detonate?

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Btw, practically speaking, isn't dds are regarded as having "no magazines" due to the gun caliber being too small (I don't remember the exact threshold caliber though)? If that is the case then how DDs detonate?

I am pretty sure DDs have magazines, which is why they can be detonated. They just don't have citadels.

To answer the OP, I would say it is mostly luck.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Too bad there is no "boiler room explosion" so all classes would be on the equal footing. :trollface:

True but remember. This is not a naval sim. A bit arcadish
Edited by Safiuddin97

58 posts
2,867 battles

Combination.  You need to hit the magazine hit box, either with HE or AP. Knowing where it is allows you to place your shots.

After you get the right spot, it's RNG up to 10% (magazine is 10% of the ships full HP).

A DD of 7000 hp auto hits the 10% det chance (700 hp) by putting almost any HE shell between the screws when shooting from the rear.

980 posts
12,617 battles

I generally report players who detonate on my team. Absolutely silly. 

It is 100% your fault if you get detonated, since you allowed your shop to be hit. 

15 posts

I managed to detonate a Mikasa with th first shot fired in the round with only one shell hitting a ship I couldn't see directly... Most of the time it is pure luck..  And you will notice some ships are more prone to it (some Cruisers detonate pretty easy as well) it can be countered with the Juliet Charlie flag to some extent though.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

you think torpedo cant Blow up or something ?

its 2 ton of highly explodable material on deck :teethhappy:

Edited by humusz

Sign in to follow this