You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Arcane_Dream

Is a Fletcher nerf is needed?

29 comments in this topic

1,479 posts

Yes ....

All DDs need super nerf, the best & most fairest to achieve this, is to remove all the rudders off them

:trollface:

Ordrazz

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

The thing that Fletcher need to be nerfed is the torpedo dropping angle

if u pay attention you will see the torpedoes actually dropping through the AA guns

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
176 posts
6,418 battles

DD's have had enough nerf's thanks. Def buff the IJN ones, talk about make a ship unloved. 

Super Tester
419 posts
4,198 battles

The IJN buff is defeinitely needed but to make them competitive without making them straight up overpower is hard because Fletcher set the bar too high

Fletcher have 2x5 compare to Yuugumo 2x4 while easier to hit and have slightly less damage and flood chance.

Udaloy and Tashkent both have drawback compare to Fletcher.

307 posts
6,410 battles

Z-46 is as good as Fletcher imo.  I don't think it needs a nerf.  Udaloi is still superb. Yugumo needs a buff, that's about it.

Ummm the trashkent needs the biggest nerf (opps i mean BUFF) of them all...totally useless in its tier.

The only reason why people say what they say about the Fletcher is there are heaps of them they are no better or worse than the Z-46 and average damages are lower than the Udaloi and Z-46 ... Kagero struggles cause of the Torps are its main weapon and tier 9 Torps have a hard time to hit things, not to mention they are almost every game fighting T10 ships.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

Ummm the trashkent needs the biggest nerf (opps i mean BUFF) of them all...totally useless in its tier.

The only reason why people say what they say about the Fletcher is there are heaps of them they are no better or worse than the Z-46 and average damages are lower than the Udaloi and Z-46 ... Kagero struggles cause of the Torps are its main weapon and tier 9 Torps have a hard time to hit things, not to mention they are almost every game fighting T10 ships.

Wasn't T9 Kagero gone half a year ago? It's currently Yugumo there.

Trashcan is pretty useful at T9, as a gunnery practice target XD

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,755 battles

I didn't mention the Tashkent because I really dislike it.  It is the worst of the tier 9 DD's, but if they were going to buff it, I would say replacing the guns with the same as the Khab and Udaloi would be a good start.  If it needs more, then something to make it a bit more difficult to hit would be good, because that's it's main issue - it's always been too easy to hit.

Also, the Fletcher is an excellent ship, it is good at almost everything, and it is particularly good at carrying games in the hands of a competent captain.  The reason it's average damage is a bit lower than Z-46 and Udaloi is because it attacks DD's a bit more than those ships, which lowers average damage but makes for great impact on the game.  The Z-46 is as good as the Fletcher however, and has a similar impact on the game, just with a different play style.

372 posts
10,085 battles

I didn't mention the Tashkent because I really dislike it.  It is the worst of the tier 9 DD's, but if they were going to buff it, I would say replacing the guns with the same as the Khab and Udaloi would be a good start.  If it needs more, then something to make it a bit more difficult to hit would be good, because that's it's main issue - it's always been too easy to hit.

Also, the Fletcher is an excellent ship, it is good at almost everything, and it is particularly good at carrying games in the hands of a competent captain.  The reason it's average damage is a bit lower than Z-46 and Udaloi is because it attacks DD's a bit more than those ships, which lowers average damage but makes for great impact on the game.  The Z-46 is as good as the Fletcher however, and has a similar impact on the game, just with a different play style.

Tashkent is just horrible... Hilariously easy to hit from Long range and the large hp pool vanishes from just 3 Golf cruiser he salvos. Guns are very floaty at Long range so you can't snipe either.... It's a cruiser sized kiev with identical or worse stats in everything except range which is pretty useless.

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,755 battles

Tashkent is just horrible... Hilariously easy to hit from Long range and the large hp pool vanishes from just 3 Golf cruiser he salvos. Guns are very floaty at Long range so you can't snipe either.... It's a cruiser sized kiev with identical or worse stats in everything except range which is pretty useless.

I was amazed when they moved it from tier 8 to 9 that they didn't upgrade the guns to the B-2-U's.  Given the Tashkent's long range that it needs to survive being such a huge ship, it is blatantly underpowered with the Kiev's guns at tier 9 (and it's win rate backs this up).  It was awful at tier 8, and they didn't improve it much when they moved it to tier 9 where it is, unsurprisingly, worse.

It's main problem has always been that it's just too big and easy to hit.  It's the biggest ship in the Russian DD tech trees, and it doesn't have enough positives to counter that massive negative on a ship that is designed to always be seen and shot at.

1,386 posts
8,222 battles

I was amazed when they moved it from tier 8 to 9 that they didn't upgrade the guns to the B-2-U's.  Given the Tashkent's long range that it needs to survive being such a huge ship, it is blatantly underpowered with the Kiev's guns at tier 9 (and it's win rate backs this up).  It was awful at tier 8, and they didn't improve it much when they moved it to tier 9 where it is, unsurprisingly, worse.

It's main problem has always been that it's just too big and easy to hit.  It's the biggest ship in the Russian DD tech trees, and it doesn't have enough positives to counter that massive negative on a ship that is designed to always be seen and shot at.

IIRC Trashcan is almost as long as a Khabarovsk, but has higher freeboard and doesn't have Khaba's armor.

307 posts
6,410 battles

It is a shame that the Tashkent is as bad as it is in terms of easy target crappy guns.  I like the feel of it...speed ruddershift ....3 sets of torps, but w/r tells a different story.   0-4 was enough for me while the Udaloi has a 59% winrate, only the other day i farmed 100k out of it.  I still take the Tashkent out in Co-op cause i enjoy it...but T9 forget it.

[KGHSF]
3,203 posts
6,030 battles

What the problem with fletcher? why don't you buff IJN ships instead of nerf them? 

How about Gearing that one is machine gun and longest torp sniper?

Edited by THAI_THIEF