You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

View change when close to land. Should it be removed.

Maintain view aspect when close to land objects  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the view aspect be maintained when you are close to land objects

• No. Keep it the way it is with it jumping all over the place.
    • Yes. Please keep it fixed on the same aspect as if in open water. Maybe with option to choose.
    • Please provide an option to choose.

12 comments in this topic

2,217 posts
13,675 battles

Do you notice how the view changes when you get close to a landmass? All of a sudden it goes into a different view which I find totally distorts my perception. Every other game I have played you just see from inside the object and your view stays the same. Worse thing is it often jumps around so quickly that just as you might get close to adjusting it changes again. I for one would love to see this behavior removed.

Edited by keskparane

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

Why not "both"? Make it an option to player to choose what is best for them. (Haven't checked yet if this option exists already or not)

2,217 posts
13,675 battles

Not both because I wasn't thinking clearly after missing an awesome opportunity to torp salve 3 close tightly packed ships because just as I went to aim everything went haywire.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You need a third option for 'an option to choose'. I refuse to be suckered into voting yes for this.

[BOTES]
437 posts
3,951 battles

I think the camera angle you described--digging into the landmass/ obstacles --was previously patented by a certain Japanese Game Company, which block other dev companyt. That patent, I believe, expired on the last quarter of last year, blocked other game devs from using in terrain camera angles.

I could be wrong tho

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,366 battles

More like, what can the camera do other than elevating?

it will be either: force zoom-in or clip into the island.

Right now you have the choice to stay elevated or zoom-in manually when it happens. It is not even a bug, not sure how can you fix it.

2,217 posts
13,675 battles

More like, what can the camera do other than elevating?

it will be either: force zoom-in or clip into the island.

Right now you have the choice to stay elevated or zoom-in manually when it happens. It is not even a bug, not sure how can you fix it.

I would find either of those preferable.  

1,482 posts

I voted yes, because it's damn annoying when you've lined up a broadside, you press the button & at the same time, your camera suddenly flops around & your looking into solid rock... So you end up firing at the rock, or water, or run aground & do both, because your camera goes hiking at the worst possible time!

& before all the pros chime in & say " you should've been watching where you're going" , I will preempt them by saying that I was, so its not bad sailing or tunnel vision that causes it, especially in the heat of battle, & especially when you are fighting a DD.

Ordrazz