You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
darkflame88

Should Akizuki be played as a DD or mid tier CL?

21 comments in this topic

156 posts
4,084 battles

Is Akizuki a high tier DD or a mid tier CL? I have noticed that when I play her as a DD, I get sent by my team into situations where I get torn apart in a matter of seconds, because apparently as a DD the Akizuki should be incredibly fast, which of course she is not, she is actually pretty slow for a high tier DD. And what does my team usually do to help me in these situations, let me draw all the enemy fire instead of sniping the enemy cruisers, because they don't want scorch marks on their precious Zao's and Iowa's.

However, if I play her like a mid tier CL, similar to Cleveland or Budyonny then I have no problems burning the enemy to death at mid range, covered in smoke and dealing with larger ships.

So, should Akizuki really be played like a DD, or should she be played like something else?

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

She is a hybrid so flexibly using the dualities are your best choice. In anycase playing aki kun require you to be very careful with enemy team composition , especiallu when VMF dd and radar ships are on the list. Also do not be too agressive when cv are around as i find aki to be ez food for my cv. When nothing go ur way popping smoke for ur team can be key to fighting ships u cant beat.

156 posts
4,084 battles

She is a hybrid so flexibly using the dualities are your best choice. In anycase playing aki kun require you to be very careful with enemy team composition , especiallu when VMF dd and radar ships are on the list. Also do not be too agressive when cv are around as i find aki to be ez food for my cv. When nothing go ur way popping smoke for ur team can be key to fighting ships u cant beat.

Cv's aren't my biggest problem, from what I have noticed it's the ignorant players on my team that don't seem to realise just how slow the Akizuki really is and are ready to sacrifice me if they ever need a decoy. Though in my last 4 battles I ignored the screaming lunatics telling me to cap and ran interference for a Yamato, keeping it under smoke or burned several Iowa's and Izumo's to death.

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

Cv's aren't my biggest problem, from what I have noticed it's the ignorant players on my team that don't seem to realise just how slow the Akizuki really is and are ready to sacrifice me if they ever need a decoy. Though in my last 4 battles I ignored the screaming lunatics telling me to cap and ran interference for a Yamato, keeping it under smoke or burned several Iowa's and Izumo's to death.

Seriously? You need a DAMN good reason not to at least attempt to cap in an Akizuki. I have been playing the Aki a lot lately so I know exactly how slow she is. In my 119 battles her I feel like it is only about 3 times when her speed has been a problem.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I advice you to go for AA build. Discard AFT. Take manual AA + CE + BFT (Essential)

Those thing can pewpew planes. Plus. You turn like a truck. So avoiding torpedo from Planes or DDs are hard. So u need those AA pewpew

156 posts
4,084 battles

Seriously? You need a DAMN good reason not to at least attempt to cap in an Akizuki. I have been playing the Aki a lot lately so I know exactly how slow she is. In my 119 battles her I feel like it is only about 3 times when her speed has been a problem.

How about being shredded by either a Gearing, Shimakaze or a Khabarovsk every time I arrive at a cap, no support given just, "go and cap, get yourself slaughtered so we don't have to waste our time when we could be running to the opposite side of the map. I have never been supported by any team member in tiers VIII - X EVER, every one of them are either a bunch of worthless cowards who play like the enemy has radar guided missiles or complete lunatics who will happily ram me out of the way or they will demand I go spot the enemy and then provide no support.

Her speed isn't a problem when I'm not being hounded by a Des monde and two Gearings, or being shot or torpedoed by my ally Khabarovsk who thinks it's funny to kill me off because it means I'm no longer in the game and therefore can't slow him down, or being rammed to death by a Zao because I was trying to cover a Montana in smoke and they claim they never saw me.

Are those good enough reasons, every time I even get near the cap I'm either rammed by an ally cruiser or detected by the enemies DD, who proceed to slaughter me, or sunk by my teammates who have in the past claimed that they 'accidentally hit fire' because they wanted to see the broadside of their new North Carolina, the only time I ever try to cap is either when I'm the only DD in the game or when there are two of us going for the same cap.

I advice you to go for AA build. Discard AFT. Take manual AA + CE + BFT (Essential)

Those thing can pewpew planes. Plus. You turn like a truck. So avoiding torpedo from Planes or DDs are hard. So u need those AA pewpew

I've gone for more of a stealth flamethrower, I'm fine against the heavy slow ships like Izumo or Amagi, generally setting two or three fires every 25 seconds, before moving off to another spot and burning another BB. In my last 85 games as an Akizuki I have never seen a carrier so the AA aspect of her is pretty pointless to me.
Edited by darkflame88

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

How about being shredded by either a Gearing, Shimakaze or a Khabarovsk every time I arrive at a cap, no support given just, "go and cap, get yourself slaughtered so we don't have to waste our time when we could be running to the opposite side of the map. I have never been supported by any team member in tiers VIII - X EVER, every one of them are either a bunch of worthless cowards who play like the enemy has radar guided missiles or complete lunatics who will happily ram me out of the way or they will demand I go spot the enemy and then provide no support.

Her speed isn't a problem when I'm not being hounded by a Des monde and two Gearings, or being shot or torpedoed by my ally Khabarovsk who thinks it's funny to kill me off because it means I'm no longer in the game and therefore can't slow him down, or being rammed to death by a Zao because I was trying to cover a Montana in smoke and they claim they never saw me.

Are those good enough reasons, every time I even get near the cap I'm either rammed by an ally cruiser or detected by the enemies DD, who proceed to slaughter me, or sunk by my teammates who have in the past claimed that they 'accidentally hit fire' because they wanted to see the broadside of their new North Carolina, the only time I ever try to cap is either when I'm the only DD in the game or when there are two of us going for the same cap.

So how come only your Akizuki is effected like this? How come other Akizuki can manage it?

There is no way anyone wants you to "get yourself slaughtered". Stop being so melodramatic. I never ask anyone to cap without good reason. I never ask anyone to waste their boat. However there are occasions when you may need to make a sacrifice to met the objective of the game. If you can't tell the difference then I suggest you spend a bit more time considering the initial objective.

"rammed to death by a Zao" How does that happen? Unless of course you were pink maybe which would indicate it is your situational awareness that most likely in need of improving. You also say "rammed by an ally cruiser" as if it is their fault. As a DD it is your job to stay out of everyone's way. In the same way that it can never be someone else's fault if they are hit by your torpedos.

If every DD experienced these problems all the time then maybe there would be something to consider, but that isn't the case in my experience. Dude if you want to stop getting in these situations then you gotta own them and learn from them.

64 posts
3,175 battles

Akizuki is pretty effective in participating in a cap contest but acting as the prime is circumstantial. In the circumstances like that where there's two Gearing's on the board, the tact is certainly more effective for you to carefully recon and skirmish than just bumble at the circle in the hope that they're not there or won't kill you.

By the way how do you attract such rubbish players? I find the odd verbally bad egg every now and again but being TK'ed isn't some common horror story.

156 posts
4,084 battles

So how come only your Akizuki is effected like this? How come other Akizuki can manage it?

There is no way anyone wants you to "get yourself slaughtered". Stop being so melodramatic. I never ask anyone to cap without good reason. I never ask anyone to waste their boat. However there are occasions when you may need to make a sacrifice to met the objective of the game. If you can't tell the difference then I suggest you spend a bit more time considering the initial objective.

"rammed to death by a Zao" How does that happen? Unless of course you were pink maybe which would indicate it is your situational awareness that most likely in need of improving. You also say "rammed by an ally cruiser" as if it is their fault. As a DD it is your job to stay out of everyone's way. In the same way that it can never be someone else's fault if they are hit by your torpedos.

If every DD experienced these problems all the time then maybe there would be something to consider, but that isn't the case in my experience. Dude if you want to stop getting in these situations then you gotta own them and learn from them.

When I said get slaughtered I was putting words in their mouths, I don't care what their reasons are but it is obvious they are not prepared to support.

I got rammed because the Zao went straight through the smoke and then straight into me, dropping my already small amount of health to 100, which got me killed the next time I got spotted. Though I was also rammed by a Baltimore that failed to understand when I said I was going to smoke near a cap to lay cover and then rammed into me from behind, then had the audacity to open a full broadside which the other team happily fired back at, hitting and killing me in the process.

Maybe you play with players who aren't pieces of garbage, though the lower tier players are actually very supportive, it is only really tier IX and X.

I played a game a few days ago where half the team told me to cap, and guess what, two Atlanta's, an Iowa and two Khabarovsk went to that cap and wiped myself, an Ibuki and an Akatsuki off the map, the rest of the team went to the other capture point.

And when did I say I torpedoed someone else, I have never been a pink player, I try and support my team whenever I can, even if they refuse to help me.

When I play Akizuki as a cruiser I have absolutely no problems, it's is just when the team wants me to cap.

Edited by darkflame88

156 posts
4,084 battles

Akizuki is pretty effective in participating in a cap contest but acting as the prime is circumstantial. In the circumstances like that where there's two Gearing's on the board, the tact is certainly more effective for you to carefully recon and skirmish than just bumble at the circle in the hope that they're not there or won't kill you.

By the way how do you attract such rubbish players? I find the odd verbally bad egg every now and again but being TK'ed isn't some common horror story.

The last 15 games, my team has had at least one TK player, in 4 of those games, that increased to two when my ship was hit by their salvo's either torpedo or shell. I don't know how it is happening but I seem to attract the most annoying and trolling players at high tiers, the ones that actually will to play and not run into a corner, I find very supportive mid tier players though.
Edited by darkflame88

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

When I said get slaughtered I was putting words in their mouths, I don't care what their reasons are but it is obvious they are not prepared to support.

And here you are saying that as a DD you won't go to the cap to support your team.

Who said it was only my Akizuki, it happens with nearly all of my DDs,

So you are maintaining that nearly all DDs can't cap?

I got rammed because the Zao went straight through the smoke and then straight into me, dropping my already small amount of health to 100, which got me killed the next time I got spotted.

So he didn't actually kill you like you said. You still blaming someone else.

Maybe you play with players who aren't pieces of shit, though the lower tier players are actually very supportive, it is only really tier IX and X.

Interestingly I find the case to most likely be the opposite.

I played a game a few days ago where half the team told me to cap, and guess what, two Atlanta's, an Iowa and two Khabarovsk went to that cap and wiped myself, an Ibuki and an Akatsuki off the map, the rest of the team went to the other capture point.

Obviously you are going to get some games where it doesn't work out. Don't confuse them with the ones that have the potential to work out.

And when did I say I torpedoed someone else, I have never been a pink player, I try and support my team whenever I can, even if they refuse to help me.

I never said you did torpedo someone. I was simply trying to get you to own the problems you are experiencing. I theorized that maybe you might have been pink because of a torp besed on your msinformation when you said the Zao rammed you to death.

When I play Akizuki as a cruiser I have absolutely no problems, it's is just when the team wants me to cap.

And I say again. You need a DAMN good reason not to at least attempt to cap in an Akizuki.

156 posts
4,084 battles

And here you are saying that as a DD you won't go to the cap to support your team.

So you are maintaining that nearly all DDs can't cap?

So he didn't actually kill you like you said. You still blaming someone else.

Interestingly I find the case to most likely be the opposite.

Obviously you are going to get some games where it doesn't work out. Don't confuse them with the ones that have the potential to work out.

I never said you did torpedo someone. I was simply trying to get you to own the problems you are experiencing. I theorized that maybe you might have been pink because of a torp besed on your msinformation when you said the Zao rammed you to death.

And I say again. You need a DAMN good reason not to at least attempt to cap in an Akizuki.

I support my team by smoking and acting as a spotter, which seems to work just fine, if I stay away from my ally CA's.

I get killed every time I cap, no matter what kind of DD I have, except my Gnevny, and Mahan, which are of course lower tiers.

The Zao rammed into me while I was stationary, I was always taught in the lower tiers that if you ram into someone then it is your fault for not looking what was happening around you.

Maybe you do find the case to be opposite but you are not me are you, you have not had my experiences as my Akizuki, and you most certainly have not played the same games as me.

Potential is based on teamwork in this game, where is the potential if all I ever see is tier IX and X players send out tier VIII dds to act as decoys while they don;t even fire a single shot.

I try to cap but most dds get support when they cap, but for some reason the collection of players I am forced to play with do not support tier 8 DDs. Gearings and Shimakaze's they are happy to support but I have never seen them help anything lower. If I can cap I will, but I won't be forced to commit suicide for a bunch of trolls who think it is funny to watch the 'noob' player get themselves killed.

You say you have never asked another player to sacrifice their ship, but I guarantee that those players you've asked to cap or spot and then got destroyed because there was no apparent help will be of a very different opinion.

Edited by darkflame88

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

You say you have never asked another player to sacrifice their ship, but I guarantee that those players you've asked to cap or spot and then got destroyed because there was no apparent help will be of a very different opinion.

I never said that. I said

I never ask anyone to waste their boat. However there are occasions when you may need to make a sacrifice to met the objective of the game.

156 posts
4,084 battles

I never said that. I said

And those sacrifices, what exactly does that entail, because if it entails sending a player to their death just so you don't lose a BB or CA that cowers in a corner, i'm certain they will have strong opinions of being used like that.
Edited by darkflame88

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Play USS style+IJN style

Should not pewpew untill you detected or above 10km support team

Get IFHE it's useful for kill DD except VMF DD tier9+ 

AA build for troll CV (use 3 skills for 4th row IFHE, AFT, CE or change IFHE to full AA build or lose your CE and get AA)

Before she gof buff she was good but now I played bad a lot (I DONT KNOW WHY DID I PLAY BAD AT AKIZUKI!)

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

And those sacrifices, what exactly does that entail, because if it entails sending a player to their death just so you don't lose a BB or CA that cowers in a corner, i'm certain they will have strong opinions of being used like that.

That typically entails taking a cap so that the enemy team don't win because someone decided it was better they they survived and the team lost. I am often the one making that sacrifice. I wouldn't ask of others what I would not do myself.

I don't show my stats but after comparing the recent results from the Clash of the Elements  I can tell you this. Despite doing less damage and having less kills by percentage than many of the other players I usually top them in win rate and experience. My main ship during the comp has been Akizuki. So how do I get a high WR without high kills? Maybe it's luck that I just keep getting team players by some random fluke. More likely I expect it is because I rate capping as a high priority.

980 posts
12,617 battles

OP you should div with a T8 radar cruiser (New Orleans or Chapeyev) or even an Edinburgh. It makes clearing enemy DDs so much easier and you'll prob enjoy your Akizuki experience more.

Nothing really you can do about the other noobs you get stuck with I'm afraid.

Edited by LordTyphoon

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

OP you should div with a T8 radar cruiser (New Orleans or Chapeyev) or even an Edinburgh. It makes clearing enemy DDs so much easier and you'll prob enjoy your Akizuki experience more.

Nothing really you can do about the other noobs you get stuck with I'm afraid.

Most realistic suggestion ever. Some ship will not just work for somebody and theres nothing wrong with that. Face hardship to make it work your way or find a platform more suitable , pick your poison

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Play as DD hunter.

at 5.9 km, its very sneaky

and with her gun, you can fight fletcher and win

the only thing akizuki lost would be versus khabarovsk, gearing and grozovoi

if you happen to be top tier, you can fight 3 lesser DD (T6-T7) at once and still managed to melt them all

Edited by humusz