You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Where best to aim to damage Izumo & Yamato

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

Depends on your angle, but in a North Carolina I was able to citadel a Yamato at about medium range by aiming for her citadel (red pantyline on the side of the ship)

Same applies for Izumo. 

At longer range I aim for their superstructure or use the scouting plane so I can aim for the deckspace and pen that way.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

izumo has turtleback armor, AP is very inefficient against it because of how rounded her hull is, the turtle back, and armor placement, just load HE when fighting them, with yamato... well with BB AP go for the citadel and superstructure and the weak point under the 1&2nd turrets, the rest should go for the upper belt and superstructure with HE or torps

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Thanks. I will put these things into practice. I can damage KM & US BB with no problems but I always struggle with those 2 IJN BB.

381 posts
9,957 battles

Against Izumo you should aim for the group of turrets and not too far back - so lead a bit more than you usually do against other BB. I have tested a few times in training room and it's near impossible to citadel her if the shells fall into amidships or stern.

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

Open the armor model for those two ships, you can pretty much see for yourself where to hit. Both Izumo and Yamato are just big size standard BBs, not like super protected easy to regular pen KM BBs. They give you side, you shoot under the 2nd turret or superstructure at water line. If they go bow in, either you shoot AP from far back with NC, Iowa, Montana etc, or load HE. At close range brawl, if you can't overmatch their bow, go for their turrets.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Play German cruisers, shoot broadside yammy and enjoy your 10k salvo every 8.8 seconds

Except when Yamato turns its guns to fire at you, it gets a 50k salvo and you can't shoot anymore :(

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

When firing at Yamato at long range if you for between the 2nd turret & superstructure you will often get massive damage even in the Montana.

146 posts
10,237 battles

Currently grinding Izumo - as far as I can tell, it is made out of cardboard and will take obscene damage from HE at any angle... I usually burn to death inside 5 mins no matter where I try to position.

It's more demoralising to captain than the old Penescola.

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

All good info. Input appreciated. I have got as far as T9 in the other 2 BB lines but haven't got past Amagi yet to find the weaknesses in IJN.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

All good info. Input appreciated. I have got as far as T9 in the other 2 BB lines but haven't got past Amagi yet to find the weaknesses in IJN.

T8/9 are very resilient to AP but melts like butter under HE, T10 trades off even the AP protection(unless you bowtank) for more powerful guns, and thats about it, shoot them where you would shoot any other ship

980 posts
12,617 battles

Currently grinding Izumo - as far as I can tell, it is made out of cardboard and will take obscene damage from HE at any angle... I usually burn to death inside 5 mins no matter where I try to position.

It's more demoralising to captain than the old Penescola.

Stay away from the zaos! 

Super Tester
7,562 posts
8,001 battles

Play German cruisers, shoot broadside yammy and enjoy your 10k salvo every 8.8 seconds

Only when you can find a broadside yammy. Every single one of them will just sit bow on and do nothing for the team for the most part.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Only when you can find a broadside yammy. Every single one of them will just sit bow on and do nothing for the team for the most part.

How do people get to tier 10 without learning how to play properly???

Still astonishes me. We invest so much time getting to tier 10 you'd think most people would at least try to learn how to do their best. But nope. Potatotatotatotatotatotatotatotatotatotatotato. 

295 posts
6,613 battles

for yamato right below the turret number one, your shell will hit the barbette and score citadel hits

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,863 battles

How do people get to tier 10 without learning how to play properly???

Still astonishes me. We invest so much time getting to tier 10 you'd think most people would at least try to learn how to do their best. But nope. Potatotatotatotatotatotatotatotatotatotatotato. 

Well, as people always said. There won't be unicums without potatoes taking the majority.