Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BravaZulu296

T7 Tec Tree carriers, Saipan and Kaga

4 comments in this topic

346 posts

So I saw some early reviews on Kaga (2/2/1),

She has 6 planes in her TB squad, they don't drop torpedoes in a straight line (2 waves of 3 torpedoes but it is a converging spread) but they go in excess of 50 knots in comparison torpedoes from a US squad and an IJN squad. 50 knots is approx 92 km/hr

she has a 6 (7 with AS) plane DB squad with only one lot of reserves (can only replace squad one if AS skill is in use can replace 1.25 times without AS and can i menion that Kaga has the IJN drop circle with those 6-7 plane squads) but has a lot of TB in reserve and 2 fighter squads with 4 planes per Fighter squads (without AS).

source of information on squads is now available

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Kaga

in return her planes are T6.

I think 2/2/2 Hiryu can manage pretty well but 1/1/1 Ranger is just:

/ -------------------------- \

|- World of warships - |

|                                  |

|- USS Ranger CV-4 -|

| - In loving memory - |

|                                  |

|     -  2015 - 2017 -    |

|_________________|

1,351 posts
8,881 battles

/ -------------------------- \

|- World of warships - |

|- USS Ranger CV-4 -|

| - In loving memory - |

|                                  |

|     -  2015 - 2017 -    |

|_________________|

Press X to pay respects.

In all seriousness though, I think Kaga will be nerfed before release. It seems she has a bit too much striking power with her 2-2-1 loadout, which totally outclasses her 1-1-3 loadout. Seriously why would anybody want to sacrifice a FT and TB squadron for 2 DB squadrons? She will probably get a 2-1-2 loadout instead of 2-2-1.

It looks like Kaga will be of those ships which are more susceptible to tiering. She might be more balanced when she is not top tier, but when she is, it looks like she has the propensity to be extremely OP. So far it looks like the only ship that can really stand up against Kaga when she is top tier is the Saipan. Which leads to another problem: Needing a Premium ship to counter a Premium. Starting to sound very pay-to-win here.

This is just my opinion of watching different Youtube previews of her though. I do think that she needs some nerfs or tweaks before release. Most of the community contributors noted that she can be very, very strong. iChase's video is particularly disgusting to watch in that regard.

346 posts

Press X to pay respects.

In all seriousness though, I think Kaga will be nerfed before release. It seems she has a bit too much striking power with her 2-2-1 loadout, which totally outclasses her 1-1-3 loadout. Seriously why would anybody want to sacrifice a FT and TB squadron for 2 DB squadrons? She will probably get a 2-1-2 loadout instead of 2-2-1.

It looks like Kaga will be of those ships which are more susceptible to tiering. She might be more balanced when she is not top tier, but when she is, it looks like she has the propensity to be extremely OP. So far it looks like the only ship that can really stand up against Kaga when she is top tier is the Saipan. Which leads to another problem: Needing a Premium ship to counter a Premium. Starting to sound very pay-to-win here.

This is just my opinion of watching different Youtube previews of her though. I do think that she needs some nerfs or tweaks before release. Most of the community contributors noted that she can be very, very strong. iChase's video is particularly disgusting to watch in that regard.

Actually I think the nerf behind Kaga's 6 converging Torpedo drops is that it's in 2 stages and the 2-2-1 has to be unlocked and 1-1-3 is stock compared to Saipan Kaga is somewhat balanced especially in that she uses T6 planes against Hiryu Kaga is better at striking targets and hiryu is better at getting Air supremacy from Kaga with 2/2/2 or 3/1/2, against ranger it's just brutal, anything against ranger is like watching an elite athlete brutally beating up a malnourished 5 yr old child that wants to become an athlete. I feel like 2/1/2 is still brutal against ranger, we are talking about torpedos that go 90km per hour on a ship that can manual drop with a converging pattern where the drop is unique in that Kaga has to drop a longer distance away to get more hits (but not too far) , this is also brutal on ships that dodge the first line of torpedoes and think they are safe only to find another set behind it. even worse it's 2 different directions

as for Kaga 113, do keep in mind the DBs are a squad of 6 planes with IJN aiming circle any DD that gets caught in that is gone especially if there are 3 DBs.

208 posts
8,207 battles

i still dont know what WG thinking....

Midway got nerf because using 12 torps bomber, but they add that setup to kaga now...

seriously... -_-

Edited by Gesterbein

Sign in to follow this