You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

who is on water team? THIS IS UNFAIR!

44 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

i realize this......

#Maybe i sunk our fellow fire team in early game....

you dont know who is on water team, so if i know this i could target its first rather that targeting the fire team. i can revenge my loses, i want to sink as many water team as possible while making the fire team last to kill :V

just give the label who is on water team on enemy or friend. so i can kill em first or TKed the water team :V

#WATER WILL ALWAYS WIN!

thanks to closed regristration before, i am suspect the amount of water team is sigificantly HIGHER than fire. this will make water team will win most of the time in stat.

if there is 8 water ship in each team, no matter what those 8 ship will get higher win and fire will only get 4 win.

or example :

team A :

- 8 water

- 4 fire

team B :

- 8 water

- 4 fire

if team A win, water team will get 8 win and fire team only 4. vice versa........

Proof ?

https://elements.worldofwarships.asia/en/results/

isnt that is WEIRD? FIRE TEAM DID MORE DAMAGE! MORE RIBBON! MORE CONTRIBUTION ! why getting LESS KILL and WIN? 

#did they close the water team registration?

obviously no.....

#i want that unique Camo too :V

THE LOSING TEAM SHOULD GET 1 set of unique camo too :(

alright lets do nothing for the next 2 week, except they give label who is on water team.

I WANT MY REVENGE!!

note : can i change side? i really want dat unique camo :V

753 posts
8,965 battles

Perhaps if a lot of fire team members spent more time playing rather than whining here on the forum they would be doing better.

Seriously, the amount of butt hurt cry babies here on the forum was amusing at first, now it is just getting monotonous. 

980 posts
12,617 battles

Perhaps if a lot of fire team members spent more time playing rather than whining here on the forum they would be doing better.

Seriously, the amount of butt hurt cry babies here on the forum was amusing at first, now it is just getting monotonous. 

you hypocrite. 

You are here being a butt hurt crybabies about there being too many butt hurt crybabies on the forums. 

lol. 

307 posts
6,414 battles

i realize this......

#Maybe i sunk our fellow fire team in early game....

you dont know who is on water team, so if i know this i could target its first rather that targeting the fire team. i can revenge my loses, i want to sink as many water team as possible while making the fire team last to kill :V

just give the label who is on water team on enemy or friend. so i can kill em first or TKed the water team :V

#WATER WILL ALWAYS WIN!

thanks to closed regristration before, i am suspect the amount of water team is sigificantly HIGHER than fire. this will make water team will win most of the time in stat.

if there is 8 water ship in each team, no matter what those 8 ship will get higher win and fire will only get 4 win.

or example :

team A :

- 8 water

- 4 fire

team B :

- 8 water

- 4 fire

if team A win, water team will get 8 win and fire team only 4. vice versa........

Proof ?

https://elements.worldofwarships.asia/en/results/

isnt that is WEIRD? FIRE TEAM DID MORE DAMAGE! MORE RIBBON! MORE CONTRIBUTION ! why getting LESS KILL and WIN? 

#did they close the water team registration?

obviously no.....

#i want that unique Camo too :V

THE LOSING TEAM SHOULD GET 1 set of unique camo too :(

alright lets do nothing for the next 2 week, except they give label who is on water team.

I WANT MY REVENGE!!

note : can i change side? i really want dat unique camo :V

I am in the water team :) but i suck so no big deal.

63 posts
1,554 battles

I wouldn't mind betting that the OP got sucked into the Team Red Hype train which was rolling before registration opened, hence the unreasonable expectation on the basis of that hype - and judging by the other posts, he's not alone.

Let's look at your perceived imbalance of numbers.

A bunch of people may have got onto Team Red because of the hype-train and were expecting to pull easy rewards off the backs of others but they hardly any play themselves.

Or, they simply could not play as often as they expected over that time period.

There's two explanations for any perceived difference in team numbers in matches.

Anyone who has been playing longer than I have should know damn well that winning a Random any type of match has bugger all to do with damage.

If your team did more damage but the enemy team won that match, how do you think that happened? By meeting the objectives - damage is only a contributor when a ship is sunk - why do you think there's a Dreadnought medal?

Meanwhile, I'll just see your Clash of Elements whine, and raise a Standard Whine #8 - MM keeps making me low tier in matches*...  :P:) 

*subject to change on MM's whim....

Edited by Captain_Fathom

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,327 battles

Honestly, even as a member of the Blue team I have to admit this event has turned into a farce.

With the way the event is set up individual effort has little to no impact on the result - it heavily favours organised groups and I know a lot of clans waited to see where where the top clans (POI/ZOO) went and followed them.

Once clans started stack one team (in this case Water) the outcome of the event had practically been decided and there's nothing Team Fire or Wargaming can do about it. It's a bunch of casuals vs. clans.

By now the majority of players will have selected a team and for those those that haven't, I can almost guarantee will be joining team Water because you can still join it despite it's already massive lead

Edited by Gunduck

313 posts
10,075 battles

Haha finally people who chose fire team understand the loophole,

this contest is based on number of members, not personal grinding :)

why didnt u guys think the contest mechanism before choosing teams?

Water team free rider,

Miniwaterfly

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Um. 

I was lead to believe Fire team registration was closed only when they had excessive numbers, and that Water team registration has never been closed because they have not had excessive numbers. Registration was closed to keep the numbers balanced, not so that Water team could have more players.

I have many matches with enough damage to sink 3 ships but 0 kills, so perhaps Water team are playing for the win and kill stealing? :trollface:

You can buy the unique camo.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Honestly, even as a member of the Blue team I have to admit this event has turned into a farce.

With the way the event is set up individual effort has little to no impact on the result - it heavily favours organised groups and I know a lot of clans waited to see where where the top clans (POI/ZOO) went and followed them.

Once clans started stack one team (in this case Water) the outcome of the event had practically been decided and there's nothing Team Fire or Wargaming can do about it. It's a bunch of casuals vs. clans.

By now the majority of players will have selected a team and for those those that haven't, I can almost guarantee will be joining team Water because you can still join it despite it's already massive lead

I think you're overestimating the number of unicums and the impact they have on either team. At a daily average of 28k battles won by team Water in round one, I don't think there are enough unicums on the server to contribute to even a considerable fraction of those wins. It's really just a matter of which team has the most active grindy players.

The unicums are in fact being carried by all the pubs. :trollface:

edit:

Btw, a unicum on team Water wins a battle, but his/her team mates in that battle might also be composed of players from team Fire, so isn't he/she actually contributing to team Fire's win count? So for this particular category I think the impact of unicums are even less tangible. Though if we look at the other categories that team Fire lost in they weren't lagging behind by much. Ships sunk count was only behind by ~2k. An amount that can be easily surpassed if only team Fire's players grinded a little bit more than Water, no need for unicums. Team Fire was ahead on damage count, so if Water had all the unicums then if their impact was tangible Water should've won this category, but they didn't.

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

Because since started new event

Everyone joined fire team only and water team? Nah since event started fire had more than water right? And closed fire team to applied water only and who were late for joined? Joined water yup that's it!

First round fire had higher score than water :D and water stroke back :D

Return of the water

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

The event is a waste of time. Just ignore it and play the game normally.

Pretty much what I've been doing. Apart from occasionally spending some of the coins I've earned on crappy modules.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

who is on water team? THIS IS UNFAIR!

Water Team is everywhere. We are in your shower. We are in your toilet. We are even hiding under your bed. There is no escaping our cool embrace. You will succumb.

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,327 battles

I think you're overestimating the number of unicums and the impact they have on either team.

And I never said they did (at least directly). It's the flow on effects of other clans and players following them that's the issue - I personally know of a dozen or so clans (and very few of them would be considered 'good') that went with Water purely because that's were the top clans were.

Looking at it from another perspective, when one team falls so far behind the other there is:

- little to no motivation for new participants to join the losing side (unless forced to)

- little motivation for existing players (as individuals) on the trailing side to step up their efforts to close the gap - worst case they see the size of the gap, give up completely and play less

One way you see other devs try to counteract these types of issues by giving a small bonus (eg. 6 coins per stage instead of the normal 5) to the trailing side to encourage new players to join and get existing ones to play more 

On the question of rigging, I say hell no.. All I see here is the creative abuse of rules and game mechanics to maximise the chances of winning and there is nothing wrong with that.

Whether it's fun all participants or not - that's the question

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Looking at it from another perspective, when one team falls so far behind the other there is:

- little to no motivation for new participants to join the losing side (unless forced to)

- little motivation for existing players (as individuals) on the trailing side to step up their efforts to close the gap - worst case they see the size of the gap, give up completely and play less

There's a problem with that: for most of the week Fire was leading. It was Water that was lagging behind a lot and had to close the gap (although technically, it was the website that was lagging behind until late in the event. We have no idea what were the actual standings in real time, but the effect was people believed that Water was waaaay behind and had no chance of winning). When Water did overtake, it was still within Fire's grasp to retake the lead. The results at the end of the round showed that Water didn't even win by a large margin except perhaps in XP category. If Fire gave up, they gave up at the last stretch and that's entirely their fault.

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

And yet that was exactly what the Water team didn't do. They turned it around.

Super Tester
419 posts
4,238 battles

To be honest why even bother playing right now since the result is decided already.
Unlike first week now regular players had chose their team, and the number is currently skewed toward water after the Fire locked happen.

Which mean the tide can not be change and Water can easily win with their lead in both players and score.

Even when team is distributed randomly, the chance that the winning team have more Water than Fire players is still much higher than vice versa.

Unless Fire team are all unicum ( which is definitely not the case since the better clan already in Water team) they have a shot at damage/ribbon/achievement but it is not the case.

TLDR Fire team lost since the moment the fiasco happened, and there is no way to save them. Enjoy the French cruiser instead.