You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Internet Connection

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Hi, I'm having a bit of problem with connection to our WoWS Asia server.

Basically, I tried to ping the game it shows really smooth connection, but when I play it is really laggy with quite a bit of packet loss, constantly. However, last night when I tried to ping the server it shows quite considerable packet loss/lag, but in-game it runs really smooth.

My guessing was that I pinged the wrong address (mainly, I just pinged the main portal, because I don't know the server's exact address, though I guess they have similar address so I thought it should still be decently accurate. Turns out, not quite). 

I was playing at 11:20 to 11:40 btw.

PAklXfd.jpg

It's not those latency spikes you see, problem I have was packet loss. The actual connection graph to the server feels more like the one below when I tried to ping Youtube rather the upper graph pinging the portal

I wanted to know, what is the server IP? so that I can track it and be able to accurately tell when can I play and when can't I.

Also, could you guys show me how to improve my connection to the server? I don't think I have a bad internet connection, my connection to NA server is quite stable; but for SEA server sometimes it has quite a bit of packet loss but sometimes not. Usually I could play the game smoothly for a week or two before the game gets laggy again for a month.

Small note: I have fiber internet connection, cheap one but better than the best non-fiber in my region I think. My friend who has roughly half my connection speed managed to play the game smoothly no lag at all, but I lagged. I guess it is because of ISP? If yes then how do I fix that?

EDIT: Funny how I can use Spoiler and IMG tag just fine when preview the post, but when I actually post it it doesn't work :amazed:

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Yea, if the WoWs admin can give out the server's IP address, that can probably help us here >___>

Although I experienced 60ms to 70ms only during the play.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yea, if the WoWs admin can give out the server's IP address, that can probably help us here >___>

Although I experienced 60ms to 70ms only during the play.

Most of the time 60-90ms ping is what I get when playing, but the packet loss is actually much more bothering than high latency for me.

Concerning packet loss, I'm a bit unsure about service quality of my ISP (even all ISP in my country in general). Sometimes they switch my IP address all of sudden, and there might be more in the background that I didn't notice. I can be sure that the IP change was made by the ISP, since I left the computer and router intact.

No idea why they did that though, but if you guys can help me find a way to stably connect to the server then that would be really nice. 

EDIT: I tried speedtest.net again, it works this time. Turns out I realized that right now I only get 1/3 the download speed that my ISP promised. I think I should kill them, but unfortunately there's no other ISP in the area I'm living, not sure what should I do now. :sceptic:

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Try playing at 690-950ms ping then you can complain....

It's not about the latency though. Latency is different from packet loss.

Latency = delay in data transmission.

Packet loss = no signal/loss of data transmission. 

If you have high latency, all your in-game movements are delayed.

If you have high packet loss, you move an inch then freeze, then move another inch then freeze.

Too bad WoT/WoWP/WoWS doesn't have latency compensation like in Warthunder, I hope WG can implement that in this game somehow.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

well I'm on a satellite connection out of the solomon islands at the moment and all I am experiencing is high latency, I am not getting any packet loss.  AALG plays out of Hamburg or Copenhagen depending on whether he is at home or otherwise and gets no packet loss - So in short talk to your ISP as the issue is most likely within your local network.

Alpha Tester
66 posts
21 battles

Try playing at 690-950ms ping then you can complain....

I had 11000 to 13000 ping once. Yep, client displays ping up to 5 digits (surprised me too)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Yesterday when I was lagging, I speedtest to SG and got less than 3BMps; Today I tested, get around 10MBps but still get packet loss as much as yesterday. Something feels really wrong with my connection. I wonder, is there a way to redirect connection port or something like that? I don't know if that helps but I have to do something to fix this situation, as my ISP gives little sht to my complains, or any customer complains at all.

If things continue like this, I might have to migrate back to NA. I only get around 200-300 ping there but there are hardly any packet loss at all. I have no idea wtf my ISP is doing.

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,724 battles

I am on the Malaysian TM aka total monopoly!. and I seem to be getting high latency & loads of packet loss..

guess Special Branch really want to see what I'm doing on the interwebs...

click nothing happens.. 

Edited by soccy

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,502 battles

Server IP of WoWs? use windows Resource Monitor,built within Windows 7. you can easily find the IP addresses a certain program uses, and it's free.

2 posts
255 battles

Yea, would love to have the WOWs server IP. NA and EU have a pingplotter FAQ up, only Asia's side doesnt have any information. Continually getting >1,000,000ms(at which it disconnects me) ping from packet loss. Never knew it could display 7 digits lol

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,724 battles

I've  checked my resmon.exe 

and found wows connected to 92.223.16.230

and got really bad connectivity results..