You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Is this considered team sabotage?

13 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,788 battles

After a furious battle, only one almost full health Cleveland left in my team, while on the other side, a 10% health Alabama. The Cleveland is pumping round after round onto the Alabama but no effect whatsoever. When I look closely, I noticed from the color of the round and the hit effect, the Cleveland is firing AP onto the Alabama. In the end, my team lose. IMO, the Cleveland could've ended the Alabama and won the match if he just fire a HE instead of AP. Can this action be considered sabotaging own team?

Edited by Puteralanun

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

No, it isn't sabotage. Might be ignorance of game mechanics, but maliciousness here seems unlikely.

Did you attempt to communicate with him and tell him to switch to HE?

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Nope. Really unaware of the game mechanics, try searching his combat records if it's not hidden. Although 152mm AP maybe work against the ship's superstructure.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Probably trying to get superstructure damage when HE shells are hitting oversaturated or too-armoured areas. Without a replay, we can't tell how good or bad that decision is, or if he was deliberately throwing a match.

127 posts
6,502 battles

He's just a garbage player. This entire game is infested with them.

You'll just have to deal with it. You shouldn't even bother telling him to switch to HE because if he's at T6 and still doesn't understand simple ammo type usage he's going to permanently stay bad.

980 posts
12,617 battles

He's just a garbage player. This entire game is infested with them.

You'll just have to deal with it. You shouldn't even bother telling him to switch to HE because if he's at T6 and still doesn't understand simple ammo type usage he's going to permanently stay bad.

Ahem. 

You don't know if the Alabama was broadside or not. 

Not a noob here definitely, I enjoying pumping CL AP into upper belts of BBs. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

350 posts

Anyway, I don't think you get to blame a Cleveland for not being able to win against Alabama.

I agree completely. I played against an Alabama with a Cleveland and even HE shells don't damage it as much as I wanted them to and it's own shells hurt a lot despite going bow on.

127 posts
6,502 battles

Ahem. 

You don't know if the Alabama was broadside or not. 

Not a noob here definitely, I enjoying pumping CL AP into upper belts of BBs. 

To quote OP: "The Cleveland is pumping round after round onto the Alabama but no effect whatsoever" and "Cleveland is firing AP onto the Alabama"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deductive_reasoning

Now lets rethink what you said.

980 posts
12,617 battles

To quote OP: "The Cleveland is pumping round after round onto the Alabama but no effect whatsoever" and "Cleveland is firing AP onto the Alabama"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deductive_reasoning

Now lets rethink what you said.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge and downright ridiculous understand of the game. 

We must all bow down to Jeruk and his amazing, astonishing, and highly respectable 54% win rate and acknowledge his superiority in his ability to DEDUCTIVELY REASON. 

Everybody bow down to Jeruk. 

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Apologies for my lack of knowledge and downright ridiculous understand of the game. 

We must all bow down to Jeruk and his amazing, astonishing, and highly respectable 54% win rate and acknowledge his superiority in his ability to DEDUCTIVELY REASON. 

Everybody bow down to Jeruk. 

Most of us know that Jeruk is a troll with no real point, but why do you bring up his stats lol. No need to attack people at stat level :P