You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Quasinerdo

Are we seeing bots already?

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
184 posts
107 battles

I'm in the closed beta and already seeing ships that are not participating, going directly aground or just circling etc.

Are we seeing bot activity already? It ticked me off massively in WoT (along with some mods that were only banned on specific servers) and I REALLY hope WG have a strong position on this and the tools to ID and ban.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Is that Co-op mode??

If you see their IGN as :Name:, :Name2:, etc., those are really AI in Co-op mode.

In Random battle mode, you won't see AI controlled ships. ;)

Beta Tester
282 posts
12 battles

I'm in the closed beta and already seeing ships that are not participating, going directly aground or just circling etc.

Are we seeing bot activity already? It ticked me off massively in WoT (along with some mods that were only banned on specific servers) and I REALLY hope WG have a strong position on this and the tools to ID and ban.

Either its Co-op mode your playing in or the players don't know what to do, No bots

Beta Tester
184 posts
107 battles

Ok. was mostly in coop so perhaps the AI allies.

There is certainly a lack of situational awareness! people ramming or just not watching what is happening around them. It was more the failure to respond to things that had me querying the bot presence.

Cheers

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

There is certainly a lack of situational awareness! people ramming or just not watching what is happening around them. It was more the failure to respond to things that had me querying the bot presence.

Cheers

you just described about 90% of the player base....

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Cheers

Game is new, people are adjusting...

Let me get this straightened up for you also. Mods that are illegal are illegal across ALL servers... and games... 

Beta Tester
184 posts
107 battles

In WoT there were certain mods banned on Eu or Ru that were not enforced on SEA. Consistency on WoWS will be great :).

Also, I've revised my opinion.... it's not people ramming the islands etc that shows the worst awareness.... its your friendly destroyer that cruises past at about 300m range and volleys torpedoes into you :/

Alpha Tester
66 posts
21 battles

The lack of situational awareness you see in WoT, will also be seen in WoWS.

It will be worse in WoWS though since you have to anticipate your actions more than in WoT.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

The lack of situational awareness you see in WoT, will also be seen in WoWS.

It will be worse in WoWS though since you have to anticipate your actions more than in WoT.

I squeal with delight when I see a ship slow to full stop and try to peekaboo behind and island.  You aint no heavy tank!!!...............Boomshakalaka

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

yup

Beta Tester
1 post
586 battles

Ran into what I thought was a bot, in a Random battle today.

The ship, a Japanese battleship, loaded in and sat at span turning its turrets. Never fired a shot, never moved. Just sat there.

What's the SOP for these sort of instances? Do ships that load, spin turrets, still get some sort of reward?

Beta Tester
282 posts
12 battles

The ship, a Japanese battleship, loaded in and sat at span turning its turrets. Never fired a shot, never moved. Just sat there.

What's the SOP for these sort of instances? Do ships that load, spin turrets, still get some sort of reward?

Nope

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Barely any at all. I got into a game but client bugged and I got kicked out before game loaded. Tried to relog, couldn't do it until the battle is over.

At the end I get a few hundred credits and no xp at all.

You get next to nothing as a reward.

If you think you have a bot/afker - take a screenshot (or a few) and upload them to an image sharing site.  PM a moderator/admin with the link and details for investigation.

Do not post the details to the forums - no naming and shaming allowed.

Beta Tester
184 posts
107 battles

I don't have beta forum access yet but I'll just keep an eye out.

At least I won't be sending pics of AI player now that I know they can be used to pad your coop team :P

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

You get next to nothing as a reward.

If you think you have a bot/afker - take a screenshot (or a few) and upload them to an image sharing site.  PM a moderator/admin with the link and details for investigation.

Do not post the details to the forums - no naming and shaming allowed.

we know this , but i dont want to spend all game doing this , are they going to implement a system like wot , right click on the name then report ??

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Give it time.  At the moment what I've posted is all we can do.

Don't forget this is CBT - functionality has yet to be implemented like reporting etc.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

If you find ships doing stupid things like running ashore or not moving, they are probably player-controlled. Everything else are bots.

lol, so well played ship its actually bot who shot accurately?