You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SlamUez

French Cruisers worth playing?

30 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

If you can stand RN CL level of armor without smoke then it is for you. They have good agility great guns but meh maneuverability and good torp arc. Hit and run from long range nuff said. I wont try them though, their weak armor and prominent easy to shoot citadel location is asking for every enemy bb guns to nail it hard

2,221 posts
13,691 battles

If not just for the enjoyment then another great reason to play all ships is you learn about them. This can be very useful for knowing how to counter them when you face them in battle. It also helps you to understand the support your teammates can provide and will require.

Edited by keskparane

181 posts
7,548 battles

Long range support cruiser that is not Russian?

Absolutely worth trying but don't take my word too much cuz I'm still trying the t4 thing.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,323 battles

i like doing missions which require at least tier 4   ( tier2 at the moment) but not in a rush i like to play each ship to it unlocks next tier  not using any fee xp and most likely stop at tier 5 or 6 like most of my other cruisers from other nations  

Edited by stick3

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

Nothing about them appeals much to me

Long range?! Can't beat RU stronk

Yes but the TX has the largest guns of her tier, that is incentive enough surely.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Impression so far :

- The gun feel like made in Japan, the 203 especialy feel like Myoko. 

- Turret traverse were great, you can skip expert marksman

- 203 AP penetration were good, Lots better than Germans. it gain consistent penetration at all range.

- very squishy, melted under focus fire in seconds

- Optimum range for engagement despite is long range is around 14-16km IMO

- Long range were HE spaming might sound great, but I found myself entranched by their AP more than HE - the result can be realy supprising 

- RUDDER problem same like Japanese boat, 152mm can disable it - (your booty is vulnurable)

conclusion Its mediocre boat line, same like Germans.

if want OP ship go, full vodka or sake

Edited by humusz

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,375 battles

Yes but the TX has the largest guns of her tier, that is incentive enough surely.

but slow reload for T10, will easily be obliterate by DM and Minotaur

So her role is more to long range sniping?! behind island?! 

Beta Tester
907 posts

Absolute waste of time. Don't even bother. 

Thanks this is my impression playing T5. Free XP-ed to tier 5. Seems quite weak the ships.

Ill just casually play the line, but won't really commit to it much.

420 posts
20 battles

Just get Emile Bertin, who taught shipbuilding to Japan.

Havent play the ship yet, but 6 guns up front, 9km torp, fastest CL ? AA seems reasonable too, she have couple mounts of Bofors.

My impression so far...

Tier 1. it is bad, but she could citadel another similar ship with HE lol. Slow speed.

Tier 2. big gun, but can't pen anything. Only worth for her HE. Describes baguette perfectly, long, and crispy, she can't be hard like AP.

Tier 3. better than tier 2. i think this is one of better tier 3 ship, St. Louis and Bogatyr might outgun her, but she has 6km torp. AP pen still not that great. The shell speed feels like using Cleveland at tier 3.

Tier 4. better than tier 3. Has worthy AP penetration, 32 knot, reasonable HE, and superb angle torpedo (much better than tier 3), though just 6km. She have sonar and fighter plane. Better shell speed than tier 3 too.

The armor is terrible, but i think we used to dodge things with cruiser.

Everytime i went to close in BB for torpedo, it almost tatter my ship no matter the result.

Like shooting HE with BB seems as meta.

I fascinate the line with its speed.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Thanks this is my impression playing T5. Free XP-ed to tier 5. Seems quite weak the ships.

Ill just casually play the line, but won't really commit to it much.

You ask stupid questions, I give you stupid answers. 

Edited by LordTyphoon

283 posts
3,565 battles

Graff Spee got 280mm. Doesn't help it much.

Grafspee is a pocket battleship, not cruiser so basically, you are comparing a cruiser with a battleship. not cruisers with cruiser

Edit: has anyone seen a tier 7, 8, 9 or 10 MN cruiser yet?

Edited by ellofiend

Beta Tester
907 posts

You ask stupid questions, I give you stupid answers. 

Lol alright.

I havnt seen any amazing game play or OP battles in these cruisers on youtube.

Suffice to say probably not worth playing. Unless you like the french.

From my experience on the lines, there isnt much going for the french cruisers other than pure support roles.

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Totally it's bait post

Only who has lots money, who aleays farm credit, farm free xp will get tier 10 easily

And I would like to ask

Why you ask early? You should wait 1-2 week and ask! No one get experience too fast

420 posts
20 battles

IMO they're quite OK.

Just tried Emile Bertin. Putting aside the weak armor they're quite powerful, speed is power.

There are times that i derp using them, but i'm quite sure i've put in the best three at the team quite often.

At my last battle, i got 2nd place where the 1st and 3rd also using Emile Bertin. And that was with our CV AFK for the rest of battle.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

From my experience on the lines, there isnt much going for the french cruisers other than pure support roles.

All Cruiser were support role. 

either way, my own impression of French Cruiser were quite solid.

Pensacola Armor, comfortable Nippon Gun with Russian Range.

as squishy as it is, they can stand their ground in +2 match just fine, since they can exploit range to be able to stay in action without being useless. Myoko at T9 match would be strugled more compare to Algeire imo

my best game so far : https://puu.sh/vqqwN/2417690750.png