Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Nagato A hull, seriously WG?

22 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

So I just purchased the Nagato only to discover that the hull only has 25mm of armour. Is this some sort of sick joke?

No matter where I angle her I am deleted in a couple of salvos.

Does the belt armour improve with the B hull? If not I think I sell her and skip the rest of the IJN BB line.

PS. Does the B hull also include the removal of the highly flammable paint the ship seems to be covered with atm? 

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,615 battles

So I just purchased the Nagato only to discover that the hull only has 25mm of armour. Is this some sort of sick joke?

Does the belt armour improve with the B hull? If not I think I sell her and skip the rest of the IJN BB line.

PS. Does the B hull also include the removal of the highly flammable paint the ship seems to be covered with atm? 

Yo, I have the Nagato B Hull - and I can tell you that it's still 25mm throughout.

(Edit: Nvm he meant the armour belt, not the aft and fore plating that is identical in both hulls. I'm a derp)

Edited by Darkshaunz

753 posts
8,965 battles

Yo, I have the Nagato B Hull - and I can tell you that it's still 25mm throughout.

Really? Ok thanks and people wonder why BB's sit back and snipe in the higher tiers. 

Time to sell her. That was a waste of credits.

Edited by Trojan63

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,494 battles

You're seeing the Torpedo Bulge armour, which covers the main belt. Turn it off in the armour viewer to see the proper hull armour.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Learn to use the filters. Hide other sections to reveal other layers of armor. There's a 229 mm inclned belt behind the 25 mm exterior, and 305 mm just below it. And then you get to the citadel armor which varies from 76 mm to 289 mm.

753 posts
8,965 battles

You're seeing the Torpedo Bulge armour, which covers the main belt. Turn it off in the armour viewer to see the proper hull armour.

Doh!!!! thanks for the info.

1,386 posts
8,244 battles

Nagato's main belt is entirely covered inside the TDS bulge added during refit. You need to remove the TDS (first option of armor viewer is TDS/bow/stern) to see it.

But anyway, Nagato is a glass ship. You can bow tank 14"/356mm well, but showing broadside against even 12"/305mm is quite dangerous. And anything above 14" can easily overmatch your bow/stern/deck/TDS* and get sweet penetration damage.(*basically the entire ship) And HE shells with penetration of 26mm or above slaughter Nagato much like Izumo.(kek, Izumo is actually better protected against HE than Nagato despite being considered the torch of the game)

Edited by _Halcyon

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Lol These guys are playing the buffed stock Nagato and still complaining about the ship... When I played, It had slower AP shell which doesn't actually pen anything over 11kms... 

And 25mm armor seems like Torpedo Protection... turn it off and you can find the armor behind it like all the others have said...

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

The current A hull is significantly better than the old A hull just look at the Mutsu to get an idea.

85 posts

Yep, I'm working my way down the IJN line and didn't purchase the Nagato, it doesnt get better with Amagi.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Yep, I'm working my way down the IJN line and didn't purchase the Nagato, it doesnt get better with Amagi.

are you kidding me, amagi is one of the tankiest BBs at T8, if not the most, how are you saying it dosnt get better with amagi

109 posts
5,101 battles

tbh Nagato armor is surprisingly weak for a tier VII, worse than Fuso because of its pseudo-turtleback citadel. It takes AP damage like there's no tomorrow (I once pen'ed Nagato through the deck at close range for 13k+ damage). No slopped armor either while Amagi has huge 25mm bulge armor. Good maneuverability and accurate gun though

are you kidding me, amagi is one of the tankiest BBs at T8, if not the most, how are you saying it dosnt get better with amagi

Butt-tanking huehuehue 

Edited by RepublicTrooper

85 posts

I have Amagi fully kitted out, has great fire power but I'm referring to Hull A , upgrade to Hull B , better engines etc she is a great ship. But with Hull A she is very vunerable you have to hit and run against other BB's at T8 with that hull.
Edited by ILLBBACK2604

Sign in to follow this