Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Delta_Tiger

Supercontainer Rewards

15 comments in this topic

11 posts
6,446 battles

I personally love the idea of giving away free containers for just playing the game, its a nice bonus from WG. When the supercontainer drop chance was buffed, I was genuinely surprised considering the rewards that those gave. But after I received and opened up a bunch of supercontainers, I was sorely disappointed by the amount of "Unique" module upgrades I received. I have never used these module upgrades on any ships and am very skeptical about their benefits (It is just my opinion). But receiving so many of those upgrades, some which can only be used on ships I don't even have, (which were promptly sold off for credits) makes me very salty and irritated, especially on some days when I specially took time off to play the game just for a chance at those containers. Even the 4 flag reward is more useful to me than these modules. 

Does anybody else feel that supercontainers are rewarding these modules far too much? 

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

Does anybody else feel that supercontainers are rewarding these modules far too much? 

I believe it's already been programmed that the first set of supercontainers you receive will contain the special upgrades until you obtain one of each. It doesn't say exactly that, but if you're a company trying to promote a new game feature, then imma shove it down the player base's throats as well. Just an observation though, since I've only been receiving upgrades with my most recent supercontainers as well.

Edited by seiji09

11 posts
6,446 battles

I believe it's already been programmed that the first set of supercontainers you receive will contain the special upgrades until you obtain one of each. It doesn't say exactly that, but if you're a company trying to promote a new game feature, then imma shove it down the player base's throats as well. Just an observation though, since I've only been receiving upgrades with my most recent supercontainers as well.

That sounds quite plausible. I've received 3 units of Radar Mods even though I didn't have a radar ship until a few days ago :facepalm:

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

That sounds quite plausible. I've received 3 units of Radar Mods even though I didn't have a radar ship until a few days ago :facepalm:

Yeah, and honestly I think the special upgrades are a waste of upgrade space. Do you really want to sacrifice main battery/AA/aiming systems modifications just to get extended consumable use?

It would've been better if they provided an extra slot solely for special upgrades.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

I can safely say they arent rewarding them too often for me.   I am 3 days out from a 5 month SC drought.

11 posts
6,446 battles

I can safely say they arent rewarding them too often for me.   I am 3 days out from a 5 month SC drought.

I didn't mean SC's are dropping too often.

It's just that the rewards from SC are too often unique module upgrades.

11 posts
6,446 battles

Yeah, and honestly I think the special upgrades are a waste of upgrade space. Do you really want to sacrifice main battery/AA/aiming systems modifications just to get extended consumable use?

It would've been better if they provided an extra slot solely for special upgrades.

Definitely agree. The normal upgrades are too valuable to be swapped out for these unique modules. They promote a very specific playstyle, and it will be costly to switch to other play styles when needed. 

A extra slot for unique module upgrades would be a definite step in the right direction. (Again, just my opinion)

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

I didn't mean SC's are dropping too often.

It's just that the rewards from SC are too often unique module upgrades.

I know what you mean.  You're saying the modules drop to often.  I'm saying I've never got one.  I was trying to be ........oh never mind.   Back to the subject.  Yes they do drop too often. The programming a for SC' should be rewritten to exclude these as rewards if you don't have suitable ships

11 posts
6,446 battles

I know what you mean.  You're saying the modules drop to often.  I'm saying I've never got one.  I was trying to be ........oh never mind.   Back to the subject.  Yes they do drop too often. The programming a for SC' should be rewritten to exclude these as rewards if you don't have suitable ships

I understand what you mean, just wanted to clarify :great:

I dont mean to rub salt into your wounds, but after the drop rate buff, I have gotten atleast one SC in a week if I get 2 containers per day. Its all just RNG I guess, one day, I actually got 2 supercontainers (both "unique" modules :angry:)

4 posts
2,759 battles

I think wargaming has to make some trinket items for ships other than paint jobs to increase the amount of things that one might enjoy to receive (aside from gold and premium ships which are obviously the most desired).

Not everything needs to be useful.... maybe something like being given the ability to write something on one of your ships hulls? hmm.. maybe SAM the pussy cat sitting on you're closest viewed turret? Stuff like that..

83 posts
3,463 battles

I usually get a SC every 25 or so normal containers (always TYL). I know this because I don't open any containers until I have a SC.

​Gotta say, going weeks at a time without one, and when I finally do, it only being one of those stupid upgrades is already getting old.

​Got four different ones now, and I hate all of them.

​I considered using the smoke one...if it didn't reduce smoke duration. I actually think its the only one that has a negative side to it. All the others just make the consumable better without drawback. But not smoke, noo. Cant have at least one of them being useful.

Sign in to follow this