Sign in to follow this  
Pewpewshoe

Manual Drop in Aircraft Carriers

11 comments in this topic

2 posts
583 battles

Hi All!

I've been playing WoWs for a few weeks now, trying out all the different types of ships and generally having a blast.

I've been watching youtube clips and reading up various forum posts on how to get better, and one thing I see a lot of with Aircraft Carriers is doing manual drops for torps and strafing for fighter groups.

Now for whatever reason I can't do these manual drops.

I know the default key is "Alt". Try pressing that... nothing changes on my screen. I set the Alternative Battle Interface Key to something random like "G" still no luck.

I've changed everything back to default, no luck. I've uninstalled every Mod I had running... No difference.

I've been looking round the net and can't find any reason why this is happening and it's driving me mad!!

Any help would be great :)

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Manual dropping was removed with the latest patch.

It's now only available for tier VI+ carriers.

83 posts
3,463 battles

depends on what tier you are in.
​In the latest update, Wargaming removed the ability for Tier 4 and 5 Aircraft carriers to do manual drops and strafing runs to make them 'more appealing to new players' or some such bullshit. Also to apparently cut down on the experienced players from bringing in a high level commander from higher tiers and ruining new players.
​though imo its just made it impossible for a new player to fight back if it does happen as now their fighters just cant match up at all due to the extra plane skill. But that's just me.

TL:DR Tier 4 and 5 there are no more manual drops. Wait till tier 6

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

depends on what tier you are in.

​In the latest update, Wargaming removed the ability for Tier 4 and 5 Aircraft carriers to do manual drops and strafing runs to make them 'more appealing to new players' or some such bullshit. Also to apparently cut down on the experienced players from bringing in a high level commander from higher tiers and ruining new players.

​though imo its just made it impossible for a new player to fight back if it does happen as now their fighters just cant match up at all due to the extra plane skill. But that's just me.

TL:DR Tier 4 and 5 there are no more manual drops. Wait till tier 6

It's working as intended eh? :trollface:

WG and their ideas of making the game easier for new players..... However, I think now its a lot easier for new players. This is my first tech tree CV game (technically second) and this is after the manual control removal.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

It's working as intended eh? :trollface:

WG and their ideas of making the game easier for new players..... However, I think now its a lot easier for new players. This is my first tech tree CV game (technically second) and this is after the manual control removal.

NERF HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 posts
842 battles

As everyone said, Manual dropping and strafing is only for Tier VI+ carriers, but I was lucky enough to be playing wows since 2016, the time when they allowed manual dropping and strafing for my Langley and bogue! Well, now I have Independence. Good luck!

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles
22 minutes ago, xujunyou said:

As everyone said, Manual dropping and strafing is only for Tier VI+ carriers, but I was lucky enough to be playing wows since 2016, the time when they allowed manual dropping and strafing for my Langley and bogue! Well, now I have Independence. Good luck!

thread necro.jpg

Sign in to follow this