Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Anyway to make DB work?

9 comments in this topic

218 posts
3,788 battles

I played American carriers and it seems to have to many DBs and only 1 TB if they have any. The problem is, I couldn't figure out how to make DB work. The damage is low. I can potentially sunk a Cleveland with one well place manual drop from a TB. But it took too many sorties from a DB to do the same.

Edited by Puteralanun

Video Contributor
2,261 posts
10,782 battles

Becuase USS DB has planes more than IJN per group but IJN has less than USS so dispersion is smaller than USS but USS can make huge damage in 1 DB group more than IJN DB (4500 vs 7500,10800)

USS DB still use RNG and control by stormtroopers

980 posts
12,617 battles

If you see enemy torpedo bombers coming towards your CV, you can hit yourself with your five bombers to start some fires. 

The smoke from these fires will obscure your carrier from the enemy torpedo bombers, making your CV very difficult to hit. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Dive bombers are for extra damage, especially on BBs or CVs.

Personally I prefer using my TBs first and then my DBs once the BB/CV used up it's damage control.

Others prefer to do it the other way around, but I don't like having my TBs exposed for too long.

That's just asking for an Atlanta or fighter squadron to come by.

A good manual strike on a large target usually results in atleast 5k damage per drop and the occasional fires.

(I suggest using the +% fire chance flags)

A good manual strike on a DD/CA usually results in atleast 3k damage, though I usually just use auto dropping

on DDs because it's very difficult to hit them with dive bombers... torpedo bombers on the other hand are best

used with manual dropping against all targets.

[SGC]
27 posts
9,233 battles

No, they just don't work. Manual bomb drop of US CV just don't worth for your aiming effort.

Let pray to WG for Making CV Great Again (since 2016)....

Edited by InboundHOT

[LNA]
1,657 posts
10,412 battles

No, they just don't work. Manual bomb drop of US CV just don't worth for your aiming effort.

Let pray to WG for Making CV Great Again (since 2016)....

Yes they are worth it especially if you set up attack vector on capital ship. Well aimed us db has a higher chance of strikeing a dd maneuvering than relying on rng. You are speaking non sense, i manual aim db to hit dd and can tell you there is a big difference between relying on auto and good aiming. Ijn ones are harder to aim at dd since they are pin point , but can be done

Sign in to follow this