You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

USN CV Tier 8+ Should I?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
805 posts
8,701 battles

I can usually learn from my mistakes in various ships. I can normally see if I fail through over extension, not understanding the proper use of a given ship, or even if I just get out played.

I mean, sometimes you are the ball and sometimes you are the boot - the goal is to be the boot of course but you don't always get to pick...

I enjoyed early USN CV's - I mean waaaay back but when I got to Tier 6 and especially Tier 7, I was fail. I went to coop in Tier 7 for USN CV because of embarrassing fail.

Now I have just bought the Tier 8 CV from grinding through Coop (as my wins with USN CV are abyssal and I didn't want to be a team liability - not when I can do much better in other classes of ship).

Is it worth learning USN CV again at T8+ in random battles or should I give up? I like to understand and learn all classes in most games I play but should I just build up my IJN CV line if I want to use planes?

Is 2x fighter and 2x bomber viable for USN CV 8+?

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,494 battles

There's some CV changes coming, so whatever you learn now might soon become obsolete anyway. Just jump in and have a go! If you enjoy it then that's all that matters.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

Just dont use 013 pls.. Unless you know how to deny cap by killing other DDs and escaping Shoukaku's fighters.

013 usage depend on how good you are at multitasking in general.

Howevet i font discourage you to try using 013 as they are extremely powerful and can outright destroy 1 ship 2 minute from game start.

I discourage using 202 unless you are very good at using strafe attack and are very good at predicting potential srrike targets so you can intercept in advance. 202 wil never be able to fully negate 222 shokaku and if he decide to go 312 you are dead. Going 202 is leaving victory to your team as you lose direct influence on the outcome of a naval gun fight, while 013 you lose any kind of support to your team to focus on outdamaging and outkilling the other guy.

My experience : 202 fun for everyone else and not you , 013 fun for me but not my team and they call me names despite i win them games.

202 is also useless if the enemy has heavy AA composition as tou will be reduced to circling overheaf your own teams and useless in intercepting suprises while strike that is not a very large concern as you can snipe or suprise yoloers

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

You can only get a good US CV with balanced loadout since Midway's 212.

If you never challenge yourself with some kind of setback you will never improve. Strike US cv can be fun and is a viable option and btw i font think balanced midway is gud. It has huge reserves and stronk plane but it doesnt matter against Hakuryuu 233 who can just meat shield you and out alpha you. It will only win the fight if you drag the battle out to 25 min so your big reserve get to work and we only have 20.Not to mention the awful rearm and squad reforming time that,the US have