Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

WG and this error/bug/issue  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should WG notify users of this bug?

• Yes
    • No
    • If the problem persists for two days
  2. 2. Should WG fix the problem if it has to do with their servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • If it doesn't have to do with the servers then users should be told how to fix it
  3. 3. Should WG pay more attention/put more effort into tickets?

• Yes
    • No
    • To a large extent

4 comments in this topic

283 posts
3,561 battles

Hello all

On the second day of public testing (No.2), I went to login to the PTS but an error popped up. It stated: App::init: BigWorldClientScript::init() failed!

Then it stated the system info and the memory info.

I have read at least eight forums across the servers and I tried all of these solutions that "supposedly" work but nothing worked. I have sent a ticket to WG about 3 days ago and have received no reply.

I have experienced this before but I can't remember what I did or if it fixed itself. The error came up during the loading page and before the login page and there is no way to avoid closing down the game because when I press the X or OK button it closes down the game, and when I dismiss it, the game won't load.

If it helps I have been using a different Wi-Fi for about a week as I have been traveling. I would like to be back on the PTS and also finish the Mikasa challenge but this is really biting into my time PLEASE HELP, MODERATORS AND TECH EXPERTS

This is an error that is reported all the time and from numerous people let alone the people that haven't reported the error or have fixed it themselves. 

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi.PNG

Edited by ellofiend

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

It's Easter, which means holidays, which means there is no one at work to look at the tickets you sent in 3 days ago..

2 posts
995 battles

I've initially had the same problem as yours, but then I got this;

---------------------------
Critical Error Occurred
Application C:/Games/World_of_Warships/worldofwarships.exe crashed 04.21.2017 at 23:01:14

Could not load config file: engine_config.xml!

System info:
    OS Name: 
    OS Version: 0.0 
    OS Architecture: 

Memory info:
    Virtual memory: 300248Kb/4194176Kb (8%)
    Working set (process physical memory): 162728Kb/4194176Kb (3%)
    Commit charge (working set + process page file usage): 175040Kb/4194176Kb (4%)
    Global physical memory: 2751568Kb/8253668Kb (33%)
    Global commitable memory (physical + pagefile): 3564848Kb/15593700Kb (23%)

The application must exit.

OK   

I need halp

283 posts
3,561 battles

Hmm well, my problem is fixed now, however, the way I fixed this is by uninstalling TWICE, which is pretty stupid. I initially uninstalled once and waited for ticket reply which I got 2 days ago. I went through the process again and whaddya know, it works. I did nothing different other than connecting to a different Wi-fi which I assume was the issue. This is pretty pathetic, considering how many people I have found with this problem, they now have to go out and set up another Wi-fi system to play the game unless of course you just have to uninstall Directx9 or something stupid.

Sign in to follow this