You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HeyHeyHaydo

Horrific shell and torpedo hit registration

14 comments in this topic

2 posts
1,122 battles

Simply put, the shell and torpedo hit registration are garbage, to the point where i'd say its game breaking. You'll fire a full broadside at 6km in a Nagato at a Leander and all the shells mysteriously go through him. On the other hand you'll also have torpedoes pass through your ship which should have hit you.

Its not fun for anyway and im certain every player has had games where they have died or have not died simply due to the registration not working, and not due to any fault or skill of your own.

They desperately need to fix this is they want to keep the game alive.

Thoughts?

2 posts
1,122 battles

Sounds like a de-sync issue.

I thought that at first too. However after looking at replays ping and sync are fine and plenty of other people have the same issue too. Just go to the NA forums and you'll see tons of screenshots of shells not registering. 

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

What exactly do you mean by that? Erm...i can't quite get the gist of it 

I had a de-sync issue about a year ago, towards the end of Open Beta and for about 6 months of the game going Live. For me, the ships were all displayed with about a 3-second delay. Sort of like having a ping of ~3,000, but worse since your guns and torps were still in "normal" ping. So if you aim normally, it appears as though your shells and torps pass through the enemy ships like ghosts. You have to imagine where the real, invisible ship might be and try to aim for that. It was completely unplayable, even in Co-Op.

I was never able to fix it, it just suddenly came good one day on its own (maybe a patch update?) and I was able to play again.

223 posts
8,238 battles

I had a de-sync issue about a year ago, towards the end of Open Beta and for about 6 months of the game going Live. For me, the ships were all displayed with about a 3-second delay. Sort of like having a ping of ~3,000, but worse since your guns and torps were still in "normal" ping. So if you aim normally, it appears as though your shells and torps pass through the enemy ships like ghosts. You have to imagine where the real, invisible ship might be and try to aim for that. It was completely unplayable, even in Co-Op.

I was never able to fix it, it just suddenly came good one day on its own (maybe a patch update?) and I was able to play again.

Oh, i see ;) 

1,486 posts

Sounds like lag to me as well

Unfortunately being on the internet it happens anywhere in the world... nothing we can do about it except jump up & down... doesnt help the game but itll burn off steam....

Ordrazz

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,963 battles

Sometimes in free view (after you die) you see torps going through ships, or ships sailing sideways or vibrating around the map.

Even though that isn't actually happening, it appears so on your end.

460 posts
8,276 battles

Definitely a de-sync issue.

You don't have to have a bad ping to get it either, just a lag spike or significant packet loss for a short duration. Also a slow computer can contribute to this.

The ping only measures the round trip delay for a packet to go from your computer to the server and back again. It does not indicate anything about packet loss although programs like ping plotter can tell you what the packet loss rate is to a particular server as well as ping.

I got a telstra connection and I see packet loss all the time, it can be a real problem.

There may ultimately be little you can do about it, your ISP may be responsible or even infrastructure in your local area. The best you can do is make sure your machine is up to the task and perhaps change ISP.