Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
YukishiroHonoka

Carrier Combat for Tier 5

5 comments in this topic

2 posts
2,928 battles

Ever since WoWs removed manual aiming for tier 5 and lower carriers, it's been a real pain...

I use Japanese ships. My squadrons have only 4 planes whereas when I go up against a Bogue, I have 0 chance of being useful. Their squadrons come with 6-7 planes, how the heck am I supposed to fight against that without manual fire? My planes just get crapped on.
There was even one match where the matchmaking was so awesome I got matched with a tier 6 CV on opposite team. Holy crap was that a bullshit round.

Anyone have any idea of strategies?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

You basically have two options:

1.) Hope that your opponent is bad and won't be able to counter play you effective.

First try to lure his fighters away with the DBs, then add your own fighters for good measure.

Remember, no fighting, just kiting.

If it works, yay, your torp bombers can now drop on a target of opportunity.

The rest is pretty much the same, try to lure his fighters away, if he is somewhat awake he'll ignore your DBs

after the 1st to 2nd attempt and search for your TBs.

In this case lure him away with one TB squadron while the other one and the DBs deal damage where possible.

Also remember that bombers are faster without their payload, try to get an early hit in with your DBs to improve their speed.

2.) Free exp to Ryuujou

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

3rd option work on other lines until WG decide they made a really stupid decision and give back strafe/ manual bombing.

[AUHAX]
27 posts
3,093 battles

To avoid t6 cv i just use my t4 and t5 in co-op its no fun getting s*** on and AI is easy opponent, langley cannot beat bogue and bogue cannot compete with t6 cv's with out manual strafe

Sign in to follow this