You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unraveler

Tier X CA AA Comparison (now with H-IV)

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

U7sTOaR.jpg

According to the description, the new Henri IV improves upon the anti-aircraft capability of the Tier IX Saint-Louis. Sounds great - Saint-Louis already has a formidable AA suite, so an enhancement might even put Henri IV in the realm of the fearsome Des Moines.

Let's add up the numbers and see how the big Cruisers of Tier X compare in plane-shredding shenanigans!

Full AA captain build is assumed (BFT, AFT, Man AA), both AA ship mods (+Range, +Efficency), the AA flag, and the Defensive Fire consumable if available. Each ship has DPS listed for both mid-range (which includes the long-range aura) and also long-range on its own.

Minotaur:  909 dps at 7.2 km  (   389 dps at 8.6 km)  Lack of Defensive Fire hurts Minotaur's firepower, although it does outperform all the others when their DF is on cooldown.

Moskva: 1,970 dps at 4.4 km  (1,109 dps at 8.2 km)

Zao: 2,238 dps at 4.4 km  (1,238 dps at 7.2 km)  Zao's auras are surprisingly powerful.

Hindenburg: 2,337 dps at 6.5 km  (1,020 dps at 7.2 km)  A little less range and a little less dps, but Hindenburg really isn't far off Des Moines when it comes to aircraft assassinating.

Des Moines: 2,559 dps at 7.2 km                                      Des Moines doesn't even have a mid-range aura. It's all long and all deadly.

Henri IV: 1,411 dps at 5.1 km  (  931 dps at 7.5 km)  The new queen of-

No, wait... that dps is awful. Let's see what her little sister at Tier IX can do:

Saint-Louis: 1,792 dps at 5.1 km  (1,030 dps at 7.2 km)  Hmmm...

Did someone make a typo in Henri IV's Stat Card? There's even Tier VIII Cruisers with better AA, let alone Tier IX. I wonder what's going on?

Title updated.

~dead_man_walking

(don't forget that separating - .... it makes all the difference between getting red inked and not)

Edited by dead_man_walking

[LNA]
1,659 posts
10,430 battles

Wow Henry IV AA is really something , looks like the Frenchies forget how to make potato toasts.

Beside Zao AA is hardly useful as it is rather short ranged. DM is useful all around , and Mino is flat out ridiculous as no CV can safely take it out without losing more than half the attack numbers. A Mino or Nep can easily rip off 75% of your plane during a run and if it is the last ship alive against your cv , better GG.

Moskva is meh and Hinden AA takes time to kick in , those 2 need to have AA oriented upgrades to take on AA role effectively.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

And the other Tier IX CAs for further comparison:

Neptune: 1,056 dps at 5.1 km  (   637 dps at 7.2 km)  No Defensive Fire, but even more powerful than Minotaur. In fact, Neptune has the strongest AA of any ship in the game if you aren't using Defensive Fire.

Ibuki: 1,579 dps at 4.4 km  (   822 dps at 7.2 km)  Arguably the weakest Tier IX here for anti-air, and still better than Henri IV.

Saint-Louis: 1,792 dps at 5.1 km  (1,030 dps at 7.2 km)

Roon: 1,807 dps at 5.1 km  (   990 dps at 6.5 km)

Baltimore: 1,846 dps at 5.1 km  (   901 dps at 7.2 km)

Dmitri Donskoi: 2,188 dps at 4.4 km  (1,158 dps at 7.2 km)  This is some serious Tier X AA firepower.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

For a moment, I thought you were talking about a disease when reading the title...

because that is H I V

Unfortunate naming is unfortunate.

I will hijack this thread briefly.

Try to remember to put the separating - into the abbreviation as WG media have done (H-IV).  Forgetting that and you are drifting way too close to being inappropriate.

~dead_man_walking

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,638 battles

Try to remember to put the separating - into the abbreviation as WG media have done (H-IV).  Forgetting that and you are drifting way too close to being inappropriate.

Aye aye captain:honoring:

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

And now folks, we have another Moskva (with bigger but fewer guns)

Pretty sure, it has the same amount of guns as Moskva. (in fact Henry IV it has more secondaries, if I'm not mistaken)

Edit: Unless you're talking about AA mounts then yes it does have 2 less than Moskva

ref: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Henri_IV

0e8c8e12-0220-11e7-8806-38eaa7374f3c.jpg

Edited by ADM_dude

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

H4 has more secondary guns than Moskva 6 turrets by 4 turrets 

But in fact I found penetration of H4 as same as Des Moines's penetration or same Moskva's penetration (I think I got old information H4 has pen same DM)

k4oukE7.jpg

• Red: Mosvka
  • Light Blue: Henri IV
  • Blue: Des Moines
  • Green: Zao
  • Magenta: Hindenburg
  • Brown: Minotaur
Edited by Onlinegamer

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

And now folks, we have another Moskva (with bigger but fewer guns)

It owns neither the protection nor the ballistics/shell speed of Moskva. Yeah I know Moskva's side is essentially a huge floating citadel box, but it has thick deck able to auto bounce all AP and shatter all cruiser HE so it's pretty well protected if you keep bow tank/angled. And it has the Russianbias fastest flying shell of the entire game. H-IV's protection is pretty weak, the deck is only 25mm, even weaker than the already weak Des Moines, so getting a LOT of penetration from large caliber shells is common, and HE shells will be quite damaging. And the shell speed seem to be meh.

Oh, and H-IV is not Russian.

Henri's advantage, IMO, is the HE penetration. With IFHE, the 240mm HE can penetrate 52mm armor. This means you can crush Khaba like how you do a Gearing, and burn Kurfurst like a Izumo.

Edited by _Halcyon

118 posts
1,833 battles

It owns neither the protection nor the ballistics/shell speed of Moskva. Yeah I know Moskva's side is essentially a huge floating citadel box, but it has thick deck able to auto bounce all AP and shatter all cruiser HE so it's pretty well protected if you keep bow tank/angled. And it has the Russianbias fastest flying shell of the entire game. H-IV's protection is pretty weak, the deck is only 25mm, even weaker than the already weak Des Moines, so getting a LOT of penetration from large caliber shells is common, and HE shells will be quite damaging. And the shell speed seem to be meh.

Henri's advantage, IMO, is the HE penetration. With IFHE, the 240mm HE can penetrate 52mm armor. This means you can crush Khaba like how you do a Gearing, and burn Kurfurst like a Izumo.

I thought we were talking about tier 10 CV AA power?

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Des Moines even gets armor buff *insert smug face*

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

With Des Moines getting a (much deserved) armour buff, it's now only Minotaur and Henri IV that are left with never-bounce armour protection at Tier X. However, they both have special defensive abilities to compensate: Smoke Screen, Super Heal, and Ultra-Low Detection Range for Minotaur; Speed Boost for H-IV.

Should be great.

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles

IIRC the reload time has been reduced to 12sec-ish in 0.6.4

Well I hope so Her gun use about 9 inch
Edited by THAI_THIEF

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

Or perhaps not:

Last changes after final testing were made. Upon version release, you will notice increased duration for French Speed Boost, increased speed bonus (for high tiers), and increased thickness of Henri IV upper deck (middle section).

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/662ozu/update_064_review/

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

I think H4 got buffed 2 thing

1.penetration - last my information penetration was same Des Moines penetration (240mm but penetration same DM how????)

2.reload time - from 17sec (I think it's too long time reload) to ~12-13sec

:hmm:

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

I think H4 got buffed 2 thing

1.penetration - last my information penetration was same Des Moines penetration (240mm but penetration same DM how????)

2.reload time - from 17sec (I think it's too long time reload) to ~12-13sec

:hmm:

unless they change the penn angle of the H IV to the same as DM's, DM will still have the best AP at short-medium range