Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mingfang47

As teammate, I can call out/report incoming danger to my team

5 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,725 posts

As teammate, I can call out/report incoming danger to my team.

Add more functionality to the F3 (Designate target) radio command when pointing at:

- Enemy torpedoes, warned teammates of torpedoes straight head on their path. Optional to add designated torpedo's direction on the mini-map regardless of its range.

Crew voice line: "Attention! Torpedo in the water!!" or "Attention! Torpedo spotted!!" or "Fish in the water! Evade!! Evade!!"

> We have scenario that allied aircraft spotted a wall of torpedoes and allied ships were unaware/tunnel visioned. Clarified with CV players that planes can spot torpedoes on their way to whom it may concern even under smoke, this is valid.

> or in related to previous scenario, when allied ship saw incoming torpedoes that is spotted by allied planes.

> Or allied ship just passed by a wall of torpedoes and he must report to his teammates. 

- Friendly torpedoes, warned teammates of torpedoes straight head on their path. Optional to add designated torpedo's direction on the mini-map regardless of its range.

Crew voice line: "Caution! Torpedo launched!"

> I guess this is self-explanatory

> I believe this is avoidable but the scenario is valid and should be added unless you want to end up like this guy in the game:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WoWS.International/permalink/629369683876642/?match=bmF1ZmFsIGlyZmFu

NOTE: The crew voice line must not confused with the voice lines from enemy torpedo warning

- Enemy attack squadron, warned teammates of incoming attack formation.

Crew voice line: "Attention! Incoming bombers*!" or "Enemy bombers spotted! Man the AA guns!!"

> When your allied CV failed to catch the attention of enemy sniping CV coming towards him

> Call attention to allied ships and allied CV

* Bomber is technically a general term. This can be applied to dive bombers, torpedo bombers, etc. Link

- Enemy fighter squadron, warned teammates of enemy fighter formation

Crew voice line: "Attention! Enemy fighters!" or "Enemy fighters! Need assistance!!"

> I believe this is most beneficial to carrier player warning allied carrier or calling assistance from allied CV

> Or assistance from nearby AA-capable ships

Limitations from this function:

- Incoming Shells, this is already solved by skill tier 1 "Incoming Fire Alert" perk and might be limitation for the development team

- Catapult Fighter, does not pose as a huge threat to the team

- Spotter Plane, does not pose as a huge threat to the team

Revisions:

04/14/2017 - Thread created

04/16/2017 - Updated on the following: Limitation, additional info on some spoiler section, additional voice line

07/30/2017 - Version 0.6.8.1, partial implementation of suggestion

Edited by Mingfang47

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Hmm I'd like to know how close the lookouts holler the direction of incoming torpedoes like "torpedoes to starboard!" when its seen despite the sonar ping is already blaring about.

The lookouts yelling out incoming torpedoes applies to both ally and enemy but strangely, the lookouts dont yell out when your teammate fired torpedoes but either yells out the direction where it was heading (to you) or the sonar ping just blares really loud. 

Though if the carrier is kind enough to notify you of a torpedo strike when you're that preoccupied by pinging your ship, it would make much more sense to be pinged for that but F3 as it stands has you radio out to cover the teammate with the key. Though this will be utterly circumvented with the carrier then, as the F3 key on the enemy with a torpedo swimming towards them in the carrier's UI would function something akin to a "poke", like "incoming torpedo!" then followed by the direction which, at the press of F3, would go like this: "incoming torpedo to <direction>!" rather than "torpedoes to <direction>!" which is used by your own ship's lookouts... but that notion is only a sound thing WHEN, and only WHEN, some shlub is peering through the binos AND the carrier is kind enough to warn him.

[SGC]
197 posts
10,285 battles

DDs and planes (CV or catapult FT) are already doing the job of ship and torp spotting/reconnaissance.

Just be wary of your surroundings, keep yourself from entering tunnel vision and look around the map ever so often.

Chances are, DDs and planes have already spotted torpedoes long before they reach your ship in the events of DD threats (AKA skill wall alerts). Just don't be blindsided and react accordingly.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

DDs and planes (CV or catapult FT) are already doing the job of ship and torp spotting/reconnaissance.

Just be wary of your surroundings, keep yourself from entering tunnel vision and look around the map ever so often.

Chances are, DDs and planes have already spotted torpedoes long before they reach your ship in the events of DD threats (AKA skill wall alerts). Just don't be blindsided and react accordingly.

That's the purpose of this suggestion. Alleviate the language barrier challenge & hassle typing in chat to report danger to teammates, thus promoting communication.

Sign in to follow this