Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

Passive Play

9 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,039 battles

I just had a brilliant idea to deal with passive play that has now crept even as low as tier 5.

"The seas of World of Warships are rich with marine life to harvest.

Due to all the wrecks on the bottom. Largest reef of any video game.

This combines with the fact that teams are extremely passive now. They no longer want to fight and just hide or camp out of range.

Clearly noone wants to fight this war anymore. We never even knew the cause of conflict.

Therefore, I see huge potential in setting up a fishing and merchant trading industry. We shall convert old fighting ships into peacetime vessels at a small cost, travel across the maps to trawl and trade, and make a lot of money."

Hehe, just kidding. But honestly,  it's starting to get on my nerves. More and more players across all tiers seem reluctant to go out and engage. Objectives aren't getting played. Matches are pretty much often decided within the first 5 minutes, simply because everyone sits back and lets the first clear advantage for one team snowball. I thought this was a high tier thing, but its becoming evident in even midtier games.

What's to blame? What's to be done? Am I alone in seeing this?

294 posts
2,997 battles

I play passively and I am a BB player. Can you blame me? I don't want to get torped in the front lines when I can't even have a DD scout 5 kilometers in front of me. The problem with the game is that people don't play the game as a team, they play it as an audition for Rambo.

54 posts
7,230 battles

Yeah, Passive is getting worse and worse, makes it very frustrating as it usually means instant death for anyone who doesn't play the same way :(

Though I do find it amusing when I start hunting and killing DD's on caps while in my BB because our DD/CA/CL's are too scared to push around the islands to them when they have a 2 to 1 or better ship advantage (and health), and they don't bother following till I'm in the cap and already killed the DD (in a BB, and I'm not talking low tier either, my Missouri comes to mind!!!!).

Sign in to follow this