You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

problem of CV and some question, not rant thread, [no Drifter, end only]

9 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

lel, just problem.... not a serious problem though....

1. misleading AA rating

Iowa vs Missoury AA is only 3 different rating (in the same match) BUT, the difference is like earth and sky. i successfully launch 6of8 torpedo with 2 Iowa sticking together. AGAINTS SINGGLE MISSOURY (GG), only 3of8 what?

the problem is :

a) how do we now if enemy have Manual AA control? ITS AA RATING SHOULD BE DOUBLED! obviously i wont attack this kind of ship first.

b) AFT+20% AA range+flag, how de hall did you know enemy have this? 

obviously if ship have insane AA, CV captain should be carefull

2. CV require more better CPU? & SERIOUS LAG ON CV

weird why playing board game require more PC spec than playing battlship. i can run on HIGH setting and playing without problem. in CV playing with LOW setting and still have LATE loading. this is heavy disadvantage for CV captain because the first 3 min is determine the fate of the battle. also some kind of lag, making my strafe missed. THE PLANE STOPPED for 1 sec before strafing :V

3. NEED instant MAP click CURSOR + more Zoom out mod

just annoying to have scrrooooll over to see other map, and also Zoom out mod. the game should have it from the start.... but any mod?

4. invisfiring AA?

its just lag or whatever, ship shooting AA should be detected. that is why there is turn off AA button to keep remain undetected. like invisfiring, this one should be removed too! 

5. plane detectability 

its still a mistery to me, also if friendly DD got spotted by enemy plane, DD should report that its getting spotted. it will warn CV to drift out those pesky spotter plane. knowing the detectability of a plane will help CV to create surprise attack :V so we know where to hide and change direction. 

6. do plane got healed after return to carrier? or they have the same remaining HP

mistery.....

9. I NEED red reticle CV mod, is there any ?

i cannt see DD when use DB autol attack.... its green color is well blended with the color of the sea

i am not color blind, but the low setting for CV make it harder to difference of the color

10. is that concealment expert usefull for IJN CV?

do you think this build is viable for IJN CV?

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0001000000010000001100000001100019

11. who is more terrifying for surface ship? Midway or Hakuryu?

is that Hakuryu plane significantly stronger compared to Shokaku? if only 3of8 shokaku plane survived againts Missory, how high is survival chance of 12 Hakuryu TB againts Misoury? to be honest i have a grudge againts missouryu.

12. Hakuryu, is that YOLO-able?

5 KM secondary, with AFT become 6 KM. in Ryujo i dont have a problem knife fighting DD, but Hiryu and Shokaku armor are seriously weak......

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

1. misleading AA rating

Iowa vs Missoury AA is only 3 different rating (in the same match) BUT, the difference is like earth and sky. i successfully launch 6of8 torpedo with 2 Iowa sticking together. AGAINTS SINGGLE MISSOURY (GG), only 3of8 what?

the problem is :

a) how do we now if enemy have Manual AA control? ITS AA RATING SHOULD BE DOUBLED! obviously i wont attack this kind of ship first.

weird why playing board game require more PC spec than playing battlship. i can run on HIGH setting and playing without problem. in CV playing with LOW setting and still have LATE loading. this is heavy disadvantage for CV captain because the first 3 min is determine the fate of the battle. also some kind of lag, making my strafe missed. THE PLANE STOPPED for 1 sec before strafing :V

just annoying to have scrrooooll over to see other map, and also Zoom out mod. the game should have it from the start.... but any mod?

4. invisfiring AA?

its just lag or whatever, ship shooting AA should be detected. that is why there is turn off AA button to keep remain undetected. like invisfiring, this one should be removed too! 

5. plane detectability 

its still a mistery to me, also if friendly DD got spotted by enemy plane, DD should report that its getting spotted. it will warn CV to drift out those pesky spotter plane. knowing the detectability of a plane will help CV to create surprise attack :V so we know where to hide and change direction. 

6. do plane got healed after return to carrier? or they have the same remaining HP

mistery.....

i cannt see DD when use DB autol attack.... its green color is well blended with the color of the sea

i am not color blind, but the low setting for CV make it harder to difference of the color

is that Hakuryu plane significantly stronger compared to Shokaku? if only 3of8 shokaku plane survived againts Missory, how high is survival chance of 12 Hakuryu TB againts Misoury? to be honest i have a grudge againts missouryu.

5 KM secondary, with AFT become 6 KM. in Ryujo i dont have a problem knife fighting DD, but Hiryu and Shokaku armor are seriously weak......

answer

1.they will know if all squadrons are attacked or been attacked something (AFT has effective too) and sometime Akizuki can invisi-AA, how about manual? it increase damage but they will not know until planes was shot down very quickly

2.M U S T REQUIRE BETTER FPS FOR CONTROL

3.they have already (always use) but mod zoom I don't know

4.Akizuki can do or Gearing (I don't have Gearing)

5.I don't know if I been attacked that's why I detected

6.yes they will restore HP

7. 8. (WHERE ARE QUESTIONS!!)

9.I can't answer

10.I use for keep get closer(I think not recommend)

11.404cannotcompare

12.nope

Edited by Onlinegamer

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

1. Unknown. I still dont know if u can know someone has manual AA. AFT increases the AA rating so do BFT but Manual. I dont think so. If u see your a single group getting pop so fast by 1 ship. Probably that is it

2. I think you turn off the Animate small objects and you ll be fine. I was once in a taihou match and fps drop a bit.

3. It will be reworked as the dev said

4. Usually only DDs can do invisifiring AA. No CA that i know can do that. And usually they are AA build DDs (usn)

5. CVs plane have 8km detection iirc

6. i think it will start with new HPs. (correct me if im wrong)

9. Try changing the color 

10. Take Dogfight (more Ammo) and CE. Concealment detect range is important. Get spot early in game. Rip

11. Not enough EXP to say

12. Not enough EXP to say 

Edited by Safiuddin97

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles

Planes do not have hp, it will get fully healed if nothing keeps attacking it. Planes durability are compared with accumulated AA dps overtime to roll the dice wether your planes die or not. Same with Ft dogfights.You can get unlucky and have planes die early to a low AA ship due to them being lucky. Manual AA ship is not identifiable unless you sacrifiece a squad.

So if you move out of AA umbrella , surviving planes will be as good as new.For this reason cv can perma spot with impunity if he watch his planes carefully.

AA ratings are misleading, notice the ship long range AA dps because that is the most important factor wether AA is good or not. Short legged AA are just a waste , medium and long range AA are what shoot down your planes. This is why Nep ands Mino AA is BS because they are very long legged and deal huge dps. US ships have good short and mid range AA , but lose out on long range AA

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

1. misleading AA rating

the problem is :

4. invisfiring AA?

5. plane detectability 

mistery.....

1. All ratings are misleading, but you can use AA rating to determine how much captain points/upgrades one spent on AA. Missouri is having similar AA to hull C Iowa, slightly better mid range but slightly less close range. Overall better but just a bit.

2. IIRC yes. CV gameplay are more processing power demanding. Some people once tested 12vs12 Hakuryu game in training room. The test blew his PC.

3. IDK

4. IIRC some AA-spec DD can invisi-AA. For example a CE Sims' air detection is 5.3km when firing AA guns, but can reach 7.2km AA aura when fully specced.

5. IIRC IJN air groups get detected around 5km, experience from my training room experiments of Neptune vs 12*Hosho. Should be between 6 and 7, I got it wrong sorry

6. You can take it as aircraft gets instantly healed whenever they are not inside AA aura.

7. Where's 7 and 8?

9. Again, IDK.

10. CE is useful if you want to put your flat deck more near the frontline to accelerate your strike cycle. But you can just find some island and stuck there, and T10 CV are surprisingly durable. So you can spend your points on other stuff like AA.

11. I think MW is better at smashing BB but Hakuryu is better at killing DD with cross-torping.

12. T10 CV and Taiho are extremely durable if not showing broadside.

(1). Deck immunity against all AP shells. This exclude a few battleship/cruiser AP shells shot from very very long range, but just change your course a bit and you are safe. (NC/Alabama's Mk6, and Baltimore/DM's Mk15/16)

(2). Deck immunity against most HE. Don't get me wrong, you can still be set on fire, but most HE shell, exception being German 380mm 406mm 420mm, will not do direct damage if you got hit at the deck.

(3). Taiho and Hakuryu only. Entire side immune against non-IFHE HE shell up to 128mm. Mid section immune against non-IFHE HE shell up to 152mm. While 6" guns usually go with IFHE, most DD don't pick it. So you have complete immunity against DD shells, only the small island structure can be shoot at.

(4). Midway only. Citadel well protected against small caliber AP. 5" and 6" guns are usually unable to citadel you even if you show broadside. 8" guns are capable, but your broadside still better protected than most cruisers. But still, try not show broadside. Taiho's citadel isn't well protected, Hakuryu's is common cruiser-ish.

Ok it sounds super tanky. But carriers got shit damage control, long reload and short active time. Also carriers don't have heal, which means damage you got from fire are lost, forever. T10 carriers are survivable enough to save you from some situation deadly for earlier ships, but don't risk yourself.

Edited by _Halcyon

1,105 posts

thank for the answer bro, now i am sure plane is healed and have 5km detectability for IJN. its looklike from taiho and hakuryu, CV is yoloable againts DD. then AFT is usefull. increase AA range and secondary.

783 posts
4,826 battles

1. misleading AA rating

the problem is :

First of all, AA is basically RNG. So those two ships you just compared could've had the same AA setups and you wouldn't really know. That, and the AA rating is only for the base capabilities of the ship. You aren't able to see the upgrade modules and captain skills the enemy took at least until you finish loading. I think that has an amount of fairness, since those surface ships traded off some skills that would be better off when there's no CV, so a little element of surprise is in order.

CV matches overall just induce more load to your machine. That and CV interface isn't as smooth as it should be, hence the lag sometimes.

Right clicking on the map will instantly put you there. That and arrow keys on your keyboard provide a faster scroll. From personal experience, you don't exactly NEED either. But that's a playstyle preference most likely.

4. invisfiring AA?

I'm neutral on the topic of invisifiring anything. But when faced with such a problem, it's either you push through to detect which is attacking your planes, or to move away. You have the notification and only certain ships are able to invisifire AA anyway, and that they have to spec for it most of the time.

5. plane detectability 

Plane detectability is the SAME for all planes when detected by all ships. Should be around ~7km if I remember correctly. Oh, for other's information, planes detecting a ship is also hard capped.

As for your example, it IS the DD's job to report it is getting spotted.

mistery.....

Plane HP is not something that diminishes. It's the same HP every single instance as it's launched. Its value is something that scales with AA to determine if you lose a plane or not.

I play on the lowest settings too and had no problem with this. But it can be modded out. Just have to ask the right people I presume.

Yes CE, is quite viable. Also, Fiery Takeoff is an advantage-disadvantage skill, so be prudent if you do decide to go with this build. It's rarely useful, and it can also be rarely just a disadvantage.

That will depend on what ship you are in and how you are spaced with your fleet. Proper fleet formation will deter most Hakuryus from even getting a strike off, while Midway has the capacity to scoff off at that. On more solo actions, you are pretty much dead against a competent captain of either, with Hakuryu having the edge.

As for the planes, once you reach T9+ CVs, you'll have access to the T9 module which can either increase +5% plane speed or +15% bomber HP, both increasing your plane survivability greatly. Against the same Missouri, you cane expect 2-4 plane losses if Shoukaku lost 5 in the same time frame.

Taiho and Hakuryu are quite Yolo-able... but not to the extent you use your secondaries. They can tank a LOT of BB shells at proper angles, at around >10km ranges. The moment the surface ships are close enough to go after your side armor, you're pretty much in trouble, with or without your secondaries even getting to fire.

More Clarifications.