You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Is it possible to see cheaters in the game?

11 comments in this topic

534 posts

While I was capturing B,an enemy Aoba called bismarck in my team as a "cheater" beacuse "The bismarck didnt miss most of the shots and finally destroyed him"(In area A)none of my teammate acknowledged it's true,so I wanna know cheater exist in game?

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

If i remember correctly. You can see cheater as in Brown IGN. But i never see 1 of em. Lots of pink.. Never a brown.. I guess WG tackle cheaters really hard

Edit:

Found the thread. You can refer this from here

Edited by Safiuddin97

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles

I donk think you can see them as they are dealt with swiftly.However you can spot potential cheaters if you have replay enabled to see the suspect in action. Was called a cheater for torping a dd with 3 hits blindly and with him doing nothing to expose himself and constantly moving.

460 posts
8,358 battles

I'm sure there is still _some_ cheating going on, but it's probably not very common, although I do have to wonder sometimes. Especially when the average quality of aim seems to decrease significantly after a patch. But that's probably just potatoes returning to see what's different or changes to gun velocity etc.

WG have cracked down on the cheats every time they can, but the clever hackers selling them work out a new way to do it or a work around fairly quickly. Luckily I don't think many people use them.

You can't prove anyone is using them (or not) easily, so best to leave the detection and punishment up to WG.

307 posts
6,414 battles

While I was capturing B,an enemy Aoba called bismarck in my team as a "cheater" beacuse "The bismarck didnt miss most of the shots and finally destroyed him"(In area A)none of my teammate acknowledged it's true,so I wanna know cheater exist in game?

You can report the person for calling another player a cheater.  I think the player was just a good shot nothing more, however i have heard of armbots in the game before.... either way always have recording on for all games and you can report the incidents like this.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

I donk think you can see them as they are dealt with swiftly.However you can spot potential cheaters if you have replay enabled to see the suspect in action. Was called a cheater for torping a dd with 3 hits blindly and with him doing nothing to expose himself and constantly moving.

Ditto

Killed a 1/2 health  dd at 5.4km in Texas as he was racing to get into cover. So got called a cheater and hacker - and accused of using warpack ? 

Seriously???

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Beta Tester
359 posts
7,415 battles

During CBT I encountered one player that had suspiciously good aim. Apart from that one time I've never seen any player that appeared to be using cheats so it's as rare as hen's teeth IMO but you could encounter it.

420 posts
20 battles

I've accused torping a player behind island just because my wreck was.

I released the torp before passing an island at Strait map, then making a U-turn to avoid bomber (which failed, and die).

The torp wasn't aimed directly to him because it obscured by the island, but i will surely hit him if he make a left turn.

He would made a brachistoschrone towards my tangent angle, with my torp 2x faster than his max speed;

I launched the torp when he was 4km moving away from my ship.

As long he sail straight at max speed a bit further, around 6km from my launch point.

Which in that point, whenever he made a turn, a bit late or soon it doesn't matter, it would be a hit.

The spread would cover the entire path, just matter how many hits.

Which was would likely to happen since he must face 2 friendly ships in front him waiting at the mouth of the strait.

He couldn't turn to right, since he hugged an island on his right.

He could only avoid my torp if he sail straight near to the end of my torp life of 10km, which means, exiting the mouth of the strait towards my friends.

He turned, and it did happen.

Just a flesh wound, he checked my wreck location which was behind the island if he draw a straight line from his wreck.

Accused because i could fire torp bypassing an island.

Edited by Zwelivelle

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,279 battles

I believe WOWS works similarly to WOT, where stuff are calculated server side. So it would be impossbile to change anything like RNG (How your shots fly) or any values of the game (Speed hack, Health hack). However, cheats like aimbot will and probably do exist as they make inputs for the player, using computer calculations.