Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LonerPrime

Thanks WG for making CV play more excruciating for the IJN fledgling.

22 comments in this topic

294 posts
2,997 battles

Really appreciate it guys. Like it wasn't enough that Bogues slap Zuiho's fighters left and right by ganging up on them with 2/0/1, and lets not even talk about what happens when they have AS with that setup, WG went further and in all its wisdom decided it to take away their manual torpedoing ability as well. Basically take away their butter and leave them with the bread and the knife. Result?

30homm8.jpg

So what is the point of that screenshot? Well focus not on the scoreboard but on the white cloud in the back. That is exactly where my game ended in a loss with 2 of my torpedo bombers and a dive bomber flying over it for a good 30 seconds huffing white smoke while the enemy DDz sat in there hiding safely capping the base. Even though I was there and I could have bought my team time by manually torping in the blind, I couldn't because... you all know why.

Sorry if this feels like a rant thread like million others and I guess it might be but I guess I just wanted to get this irritation off my mind by putting it in writing. I am already suffering enough trying to get to Ryujo while grinding to get AS as well and these new developments are adding to the loses making the journey more painfully prolonged.

Edited by LonerPrime

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

this is the first stage of <content removed> U will meet the second stage at T7:sceptic:

Insults/Derogatory Comments. Post Edited. User Sanctioned

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Could be worse, looks like the enemy Bogue wasn't Alpha Sierra Boguing hard enough.

G1XjwdC.jpg

HEboNLm.jpg

294 posts
2,997 battles

That is my point to be honest. I know US lines are plagued with low torp damage so they tend to focus on their strengths. But what of IJN strengths? Torping was their core idea and yet this patch watered that concept down as well. A 2/0/1 AS Bogue can effectively shut down a Zuiho by locking IJN fighter squad with one and sending the other after the torp/dive bombers. Or as Retia said, go complete " Alpha Sierra Boguing" and take down squad one by one by ganging up with two fighter squadrons. So while a US captain just has to focus on enemy fighters, an IJN captain must keep an eye out for both enemy fighters and enemy ships. Sacrifice fighters one by one so you can give your bombers a chance to drop torps and pray hard because the recent changes have resulted in torps being dodged 50% of the time even by Kongos. Even in this game, the enemy Bogue earned his stripes by taking out 33 planes most of which I am guessing belonged to my unfortunate Zuiho colleague. No wonder I am seeing so many "CV are potato" type threads.

this is the first stage of <content removed>, U will meet the second stage at T7:sceptic:

For the love of god, are you telling me Hiryuu is bad or is Ranger another Bogue 2.0?

Quote Updated.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

381 posts
9,957 battles

WG should hire new people for the Balance department. Everyone knows CV seal clubbing happens at t4/5 because experienced players can one shot everything without AA opposition and clear the enemy hangar in 2 waves. The real solution should have been nerfing torp damage + increasing hangar size + giving proper AA to low tier ships.

294 posts
2,997 battles

He must be talking about "that" premium CV that literally break T7 game.

Right, Saipan. Well gg because I have heard stories about that monstrosity as well. Balance doesn't touch premium stuff so it keeps getting better and better. Not to mention they still are selling it. GG WG. I have no idea what Kaga will bring to the table but I do hope it isn't another Saipan 2.0

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,655 battles

lol yep im at the 2nd stage, well nearly through it.  I have Lex and unlocked the shokaku now but have not paid for it (im broke).  Saipan is a nightmare, it's do-able with alot of attention until the 'fighter strafe' bullcrap they introduced that is 'saipan exampt' as they have 1 more fighter than IJN... so you literally CANNOT dogfight it anymore.  it just strafes off, and again, and again back to safety, meaning any planned engagement over aa you worked hard for (with your much slower planes) is all for nothing.   But if it catches you... then bam you're screwed. 

Anyhow time to grind some $$$ and get out of VII alltogether I say.   (although since the massive FPS drops the patch introduced for CV im not that keen to even play them anymore)

294 posts
2,997 battles

Manual torping helped IJN newbies get to tier 6 as fast as possible but now they are on the sole mercy of MM. I can take on another Zuiho even without AS and still not feel angry if I lost because I know I did my best for the team. But against a Bogue... I cannot even describe this feeling but it feels like I lost to someone who I wasn't meant to win against ever. For now I'll practice trying to snipe Bogues from the get go, but I rarely have good results with that approach. Most of the time I end up being a liability to my team. If I fly straight through a lot of my planes die being chased by enemy planes/going through enemy AA or I lose a lot of time trying to fly around the edges. While Bogues just have to sit in the mid and wait. Situation worse if you get to 2CVz per team. Then just torp as much as you can and then go afk after jamming your rudder in a straight line.

I really hope WG considers another solution in this regard. I mean I am not asking for nerfs or buffs but if IJN fighters must lose, them prolong the fight quite a bit. Something at least to make this paradigm more tolerable.

Edited by LonerPrime

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,438 battles

Lets just say this :

I find Cv gameplay without manual command extremely boring and one dimensional.

I doesnt teach new players anything at all.

Wot is famous for the so called "clickers" and now low tier cv are the same as them , with little to no skill  to learn.

Adding salt to the injury is the extreme disparancy between the 2 carrier lines. Bouge and Langley can do what no other USN carrier is capable of : Absoloute air superiority , after that it goes toward IJN line. Bouge 201 while will make the other player frustrated as they can do nothing can do NOTHING themselves to how the sea battle develop as that single DB deal nil damage and is more of a token.

Low hangar capacity , loadout problem , lack of notable AA presence , lack of manual aim , lack of any adrenaline rush event makes CV boring like clicking with arty and eating with the other hand ( thats what i do , duh , its boring as hell ).

Lower skill floor ? sure , but it also lower the skill ceiling of the class. Also 111 loadout for US carriers sucks hard and WG refuse to change it because "6 planes" stronk when IJN FT are nearly as strong individually and in reality will easily win with 2v1 swarms since they are faster.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Personally I think that Langley has been hit hard with an indirect nerf hammer. The Hosho can auto drop torps with zero dispersion to it's torps but the Langley is stuck with torpedo dispersion on auto drops which leaves it with only about two torpedoes capable of hitting a hard turning ship and in cases where a ship has a decent turning circle they will only eat one torp. So good luck to players trying to carry in a Langley, it just won't happen.

294 posts
2,997 battles

To be really honest I didn't much care about these nerfs when they got announced. I mean IJN tier 4/5 felt like a punishment before too and post nerf I reckoned it wouldn't be much different. I mean sure Langleys/Bogues won't be able to strafe anymore but they will still win in a head on battle so it was all old news for me. But I guess I severely overlooked the value of manual torpedoing. DD captains are always taught to torp blind into a cloud of smoke as a lot of times people are sitting still in it to get maximum coverage of the stealth. CV captains are taught the same thing, only now it has become redundant for tier 4/5 ships so stat padding smoke users have pretty much a minute of complete immunity. Again it happened today in a game where 2 DDz burnt a BB on my team to death whilst sitting in smoke. I couldn't do anything to help him even though my bombers kept circling the smoke. I keep telling myself to get used to the play style but I keep failing to accept it. Oh well, the struggle filled journey continues. Only 30k xp more before tier 6 so I reckon I'll get there in 30 to 60 games.

Edited by LonerPrime

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,000 battles

>WG removes manual drops at T4-T5 to curb sealclubbing

>New players "learn" alt attacks at T6

>New players get into 2v2 CV games at T7

>New players get farmed by Saipan owners like me or by clubbing divs with AA spec friends :trollface:

294 posts
2,997 battles

>WG removes manual drops at T4-T5 to curb sealclubbing

>New players get into 2v2 CV games at T7

>New players get farmed by Saipan owners like me or by clubbing divs with AA spec friends :trollface:

Yea I don't think I'll go past tier 6. I just want to enjoy the game and getting farmed by unicums isn't the definition of fun for me. I am greying enough hair as it is, I don't want to go bald either.

307 posts
6,413 battles

Yea I don't think I'll go past tier 6. I just want to enjoy the game and getting farmed by unicums isn't the definition of fun for me. I am greying enough hair as it is, I don't want to go bald either.

Sad that the Saipan is way too strong and basically the since they have not been available for a longtime in the shop it would also suggest the owners of these CV's are very salty players or experienced players.   The CV line seems to be too imbalanced between the IJN and USN Carriers, removing the manual drop in the lower Tiers in fact makes it harder for new CV players in the higher tiers.  I found the Langley very boring to play and i expect that without customization makes it very one dimensional.

283 posts
3,577 battles

If only there was such thing as a balanced cv game where every carrier was a zuiho and all their fighters are shot down by one texas (no Cleveland), the texas is destroyed then the zuihos don't have to worry cuz no AA ships left and no fighters to be scared of, ahh dreams....... but yeah I have zuiho and Lexington but I am hating this crappy no-alt *imitedition, I feel like pulling my hair out after every game! :(

*My word meaning after update play style

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

​I doubt it the changes made by WG make it just as likely that when they get to T5 they'll just give up playing CV because XP piñata's aren't fun to play.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,000 battles

​I doubt it the changes made by WG make it just as likely that when they get to T5 they'll just give up playing CV because XP piñata's aren't fun to play.

I was being sarcastic.

Sign in to follow this