You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Burnt_Out_Koalas

CV Player is a potato

35 comments in this topic

307 posts
6,413 battles

I do not know what the hell is going on but there seems to be heaps more people playing CV's tonight.   When a player who has a 55% winrate with BB's but 33.% W/R with carrier and 5 losses in a row with the same said carrier tonight, I think its time to go back to Co-Op and practice.   It's hard enough for me to keep a 50% w/r haha when we are getting nothing but potato CV's in T7 or the opponents have a Saipan.   Mind you i was pleased when we had 4 CV's and our team lost both of them within 10 mins and we won.   So 6 games tonight and all of them had CV's in T7 .... what is the deal????

350 posts

I do not know what the hell is going on but there seems to be heaps more people playing CV's tonight.   When a player who has a 55% winrate with BB's but 33.% W/R with carrier and 5 losses in a row with the same said carrier tonight, I think its time to go back to Co-Op and practice.   It's hard enough for me to keep a 50% w/r haha when we are getting nothing but potato CV's in T7 or the opponents have a Saipan.   Mind you i was pleased when we had 4 CV's and our team lost both of them within 10 mins and we won.   So 6 games tonight and all of them had CV's in T7 .... what is the deal????

I think this is why - https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/damaging-the-world/

307 posts
6,413 battles

Another potato CV player ... 25% win rate in the same CV .... good player again but shocking in a CV 4 games all lost.

Once again i keep getting them .... so i had 2 potato CV players and then i had 2 CV's in another game destroyed at the 10 minute mark.     I am amazed i finished the night with a 50% w/r

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

2,222 posts
13,730 battles

Well I can't speak for that player but I can say all may not be as it seems. 

I'm a little pissed for getting negative karma last game when we lost our match. Team wouldn't cap even when I did spot cap point. CV required extra micro management because set course is broken. ALT escape from fighter lock wouldn't work so my stock 1/1/1 Lex got eaten by 3/1/2 Sho because I couldn't strafe his incoming support. T8 carrier vs a lot of T9-10 AA. So that will go down as a loss on my record despite holding my own. Our team only managed 2 kills total but whats the bet no one else got negative karma.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,028 battles

The BB vs CV missions brought quite a bit of a boost to the CV population. Unfortunately, they seem to be lacking in overall quality. Bring one of your own or ask a divmate to bring one to take advantage of the less skillful playerbase... but be warned, there are also other divisions eager to take advantage of this.

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,692 battles

I'm a little pissed for getting negative karma last game when we lost our match. Team wouldn't cap even when I did spot cap point. CV required extra micro management because set course is broken. ALT escape from fighter lock wouldn't work so my stock 1/1/1 Lex got eaten by 3/1/2 Sho because I couldn't strafe his incoming support. T8 carrier vs a lot of T9-10 AA. So that will go down as a loss on my record despite holding my own. Our team only managed 2 kills total but whats the bet no one else got negative karma.

I agree.  Recently I had terrible vitriol against me as CV, several in the team yelling that i suck and to report me... This was in Hiriyu and I top scored, sunk 4 and basically won the game for us at the end... all through this abuse for no reason. 

I think many (manbe the OP, maybe not) have no idea what its like to play CV and this attitude in the community is terrible.   And again there are no consequences for people acting like this, seemingly knowing all but in reality having no idea.  Most likely kids that the Asia server seems so intent on marketing this game to rather than a more mature audience such as NA.

307 posts
6,413 battles

do you mean all of CV player are potato? or only some of it? because if you said all of CV Player are potato then you're wrong.

No its the heading....btw i did not bag the said potato cv players...however they did have others given them a ribbing.

307 posts
6,413 battles

I was in my MAAS last night, CV's every game of course.  we had 4 DD's the opponents 5 and i had a LONE Kirov near me and this GUY clicks on the me in the minimap and wanted me to go to C with this LONE Cruiser while the other 3 DD's go to B when i tried to say well i think it might be DD infested and CV planes heading to C he called me not a "TEAMPLAYER" so i did and 2 Shimos sending 1000 TORPS towards me and i was getting spotted by planes and getting shot at by 2 cruisers.... I survived with half my health gone .... we took B of course with 100% healthy DD's .... finally the cavalry arrived in 2 BB's so i pushed forward sunk one of the DD's and then got a Graf in my torp range.... we took C with some more cautious tactics... abuse in the chat rooms can make you do stupid things just cause they think you should.

1,105 posts

maan..... CV IS THE BEST FOR POTATO!

EZ high damage

STRIKE FROM FAR AWAY LAND

commanding THE WHOLE FLEET LIKE A BOSS

i thought WG should restrict CV to only player who have <51% WR

so no seal clubbing

When a player who has a 55% winrate with BB's but 33.% W/R with carrier and 5 losses in a row with the same said carrier tonight, I think its time to go back to Co-Op and practice.   It's hard enough for me to keep a 50% w/r haha when we are getting nothing but potato CV's in T7 or the opponents have a Saipan. 

its called balance, a pro player will be one team with potato. YOUR MISSION IS TO CARRY THE GAME! that is all.....

307 posts
6,413 battles

I agree.  Recently I had terrible vitriol against me as CV, several in the team yelling that i suck and to report me... This was in Hiriyu and I top scored, sunk 4 and basically won the game for us at the end... all through this abuse for no reason. 

I think many (manbe the OP, maybe not) have no idea what its like to play CV and this attitude in the community is terrible.   And again there are no consequences for people acting like this, seemingly knowing all but in reality having no idea.  Most likely kids that the Asia server seems so intent on marketing this game to rather than a more mature audience such as NA.

I have no issues with a CV player doing the best they can, and having a go at the higher tiers, but when you play 5 games in a row and have played the same CV for something like 30 games with a W/R lower than 40%, I think its time to either start doing something different or drop the CV.  I would assume that the abuse which is always going to be higher for CV players, would alone be enough to stop playing that carrier.  I tend to not comment in the game with the CV player but i do ask for plane support.   In one game last night, one of our DD's already sunk by the enemy CV and our CV player still had all his planes either on the ship or just hovering above it.   Either he/she is learning how to take off or just not fast enough to react to the game.

1,105 posts

I have no issues with a CV player doing the best they can, and having a go at the higher tiers, but when you play 5 games in a row and have played the same CV for something like 30 games with a W/R lower than 40%, I think its time to either start doing something different or drop the CV.  I would assume that the abuse which is always going to be higher for CV players, would alone be enough to stop playing that carrier.  I tend to not comment in the game with the CV player but i do ask for plane support.   In one game last night, one of our DD's already sunk by the enemy CV and our CV player still had all his planes either on the ship or just hovering above it.   Either he/she is learning how to take off or just not fast enough to react to the game.

why dont you start playing CV bro? you can press ALT+Z for awesome scene....... especially when DB doing their JOB

just advice

307 posts
6,413 battles

why dont you start playing CV bro? you can press ALT+Z for awesome scene....... especially when DB doing their JOB

just advice

i did have a play with it, hated it as you are basically playing mini map game,  no its not my kind of game as i like to get really close and personal with my enemy:angry:  I am surprised at the amount of CV players last night and even more surprised at how such a high tier how big the gap between skilled CV players and potato CV players.  Hell i wouldn't want the abuse these guys get and unless you are a unicorn CV player i am very surprised how many people keep persisting to play them when they clearly struggle with them.  I don't believe i would be good at them.... its a hard skill IMHO and i did say thankless task.  I believe its all about missions and bonuses last night and perhaps in the coming nights as well.

980 posts
12,617 battles

You lose because you failed to carry the team. 

By law of probability, unicum players had to deal with the same incopetent cvs that you dealt with, and yet they managed to overcome it and win the game. How come you didn't? 

In your win rate, you are the only variable to that statistic - everything else is constant. Therefore, no matter what happens in the game, it is not MMs fault or the CV's, but it is your fault and your fault only

2,222 posts
13,730 battles

..... and even more surprised at how such a high tier how big the gap between skilled CV players and potato CV players.  .....

This is the point I was trying to address.

I'm not a CV pro but I also think I'm not a potato. When all the controls work for me I can be quite lethal, but last night they weren't. Like I have already said I had to micro-manage the CV. This means I couldn't trust setting a waypoint to get the CV to go forward into a safe spot behind an island because I couldn't risk it going somewhere stupid and being exposed. Then my strafe was playing up. Despite the fact that I was flying a straight course and set the strafe ahead of my fighters position they kept turning before they made the strafe. So not only did they not strafe, they also lost valuable ground on the squadron they were chasing, and sometimes despite clicking to try and reset the command they still ended up making the failed strafe. I expect it has a lot to do with ping time and lag, and in that respect I am lead to believe I am always at a disadvantage even when my ping is at its absolute best of around 96ms. And then there was the problem of the fighters not disengaging when ALT clicked, or for that matter disengaging when they run out of ammo, so my fighters kept getting locked into a fight that I had planned to disengage from but couldn't. 

If the controls had worked the way they normally do for me then even I would have considered myself a potato. But for someone to look on and blame me for bad play and say I am unskilled in a situation like that grinds my gears because I am at the mercy of WG.

307 posts
6,413 battles

You lose because you failed to carry the team. 

By law of probability, unicum players had to deal with the same incopetent cvs that you dealt with, and yet they managed to overcome it and win the game. How come you didn't? 

In your win rate, you are the only variable to that statistic - everything else is constant. Therefore, no matter what happens in the game, it is not MMs fault or the CV's, but it is your fault and your fault only

Well yer doh.... I know i need to sink 10 ships every game.  And its my fault that my 2 CV's got sunk by the other 2 CV's in a game we won.  I should have protected them instead of sinking New Mexico and 5 Citadels on a Shchors in a game we won and i also know its my fault when one of my DD's gets smashed in the first minute by Bombers.  I always know that i was merely asking why so many CV's last night.

2,222 posts
13,730 battles

...... I always know that i was merely asking why so many CV's last night.

......   When a player who has a 55% winrate with BB's but 33.% W/R with carrier and 5 losses in a row with the same said carrier tonight, I think its time to go back to Co-Op and practice.  ........   So 6 games tonight and all of them had CV's in T7 .... what is the deal????

That may have been all you specifically asked but I wanted point out that perhaps there wasn't call for them to go back to co-op to practice. 

307 posts
6,413 battles

That may have been all you specifically asked but I wanted point out that perhaps there wasn't call for them to go back to co-op to practice. 

fair call my friend, when i fail in a type of ship i do 3 possible things, one i go to the training room and test some range firing, and then i go to Co_Op and practice and if all else fails i simply drop the ship from my playlist.  Hence the reason why i have played my Tashkent since i lost 4 games with it.   I know when something just does not work with me.  I find some DD's work well with me and some don't so i try and find something that suits my play style and enjoyment.   I for one would not use a CV in the high tiers simply cause if you lose everyone blames you and they do it in the chat.  Now i did not mention a single persons name and i did not abuse the player in these games and i simply asked why are there is higher than usual CV players last night in the T7 games considering they are struggling with them and in fact i did not check all the CV's stats last night it was only when the chat in the rooms got abusive to these players that it got my attention with them.

2,222 posts
13,730 battles

This is one of the reasons why I hide my stats. I just got the Lexington yesterday. So if you looked at my stats they would have gone like this:

1 W 100%

2 W 100%

3 L 67%

4 L 50%

5 L 40%

6 L 33%

7 W 43%

8 W 50%

9 W 56%

So say you had (been able to have) a look at my stats they would have gone like this IIRC. So if you had played game 6 with me you would say I had 4 losses in a row and a WR of 33%. Potato CV :)

Edited by keskparane

980 posts
12,617 battles

Well yer doh.... I know i need to sink 10 ships every game.  And its my fault that my 2 CV's got sunk by the other 2 CV's in a game we won.  I should have protected them instead of sinking New Mexico and 5 Citadels on a Shchors in a game we won and i also know its my fault when one of my DD's gets smashed in the first minute by Bombers.  I always know that i was merely asking why so many CV's last night.

Yep. 

218 posts
3,792 battles

I currently play INDEPENDENCE that I just got last night. Seems like my plane's survival rate is quite low. In one battle, I only managed two sorties before I ran out of bombers.

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,491 battles

More potato cv is a good thing cause more foodz :trollface:.

CV is a RTS game and not a semi RPG/sim game of other ship , people that play both type efficiently are the minority.

The mindset needed to play CV is very different as you not only babysit yourself and those around you but you are babysitting the whole team literally.

With that said , doing a mama job is not ez when your kiddy constantly whine and say bad words at you and not one word of appreciation to your silent work :sceptic:.

Just got a game where i eat 6 reps for sinking both (all) enemy dd with 2 sorties and losing the game cause teammates are so bad :unsure:.

When you blame children you put the blame on the mama first they said :red_button: