You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

11 comments in this topic

307 posts
6,413 battles

Well i have been getting a high run of standard battles lately, it basically gives you little experience compared to other modes and well we lost one game with 3 ships on our team and 1 on the other, not cause he capped our zone but simply cause they attack more.  Yes i want to encourage attacking but once we stopped their attack and had the upper hand, it was around 3 minutes to go and we just could not reel back the lead.  There was no way to catch them and or the other CV, its annoying to lose  game where you defended your base and you lose by a couple of points but then its the basic lack of points you get even playing that mode.   I know its been asked before but lets have the option to pick our maps or at least modes.

Edited by Burnt_Out_Koalas

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Unlikely to happen as it will just divide the population and screw up the MM even more.

And tbh I kinda like Standard Battles. Depending on the map, sometimes Domination gives the advantage to the team which has better/more DDs. Or if you are unlucky and the MM gives your team 2 DDs compared to their 3, or if one of your DD's is an afk'er. Your enemy is basically given a free cap. Standard Battles, not so much.

Agreed about the low experience due to cap points though.

Edited by Thyaliad

307 posts
6,413 battles

Unlikely to happen as it will just divide the population and screw up the MM even more.

And tbh I kinda like Standard Battles. Depending on the map, sometimes Domination gives the advantage to the team which has better/more DDs. Or if you are unlucky and the MM gives your team 2 DDs compared to their 3, or if one of your DD's is an afk'er. Your enemy is basically given a free cap. Standard Battles, not so much.

Agreed about the low experience due to cap points though.

Well it seems that if you have one less DD in Standard battles and they try and cap the zone .... fail but cause they had been in your zone it is an advantage.  Even the great "Flamu" has commented on the "Standard Battles Mode".   I just feel that you really have no other option but to sink all the enemy ships once you fall behind and they just RUN away so basically you spend alot of time moving around the map chasing ghosts ..... its a pretty boring mode IMHO>:sleep_fish:

980 posts
12,617 battles

Personally, I found standard battleships quite enjoyable in certain ships, especially the slow battleships Arizona, New Mex and Colorado. 

As a slow battleship, I play defensively and keep them near the middle of my team's half on the map, covering most of the battlefield and any path that the enemy tries to use to attack. 

in lower tiers, standard battles are quite fun, but in high tiers, I'd imagine it promotes campy gameplay. 

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

Standard is better than epicenter

Camper (yes cry of desert) no one tank I'm tank and BBs? Camp!!!! Hey!! Team how to win? Camp!!!! I like this map but I don't like camper

Super Tester
802 posts

Standard is better than epicenter

Camper (yes cry of desert) no one tank I'm tank and BBs? Camp!!!! Hey!! Team how to win? Camp!!!! I like this map but I don't like camper

Epicentre works, just not on Tears. Would be nice to see epicenter on Trap or Okinawa

1,490 posts

Epicentre on ocean :trollface:

Now that would be good use of a bad map lol

i would be happy to play ocean then....

Not that ive seen ocean for a long time... i hate that map.... but if epicenter used it i wouldn't mind. ..

Call it slug fest

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,859 battles

Epicentre on ocean :trollface:

That could go either way: A bloody brawlfest (becase people angling their way into the center) or a campfest, business as usual.

That said, the most disastrous outcome would be 0v1 dd match, and that one dd on the enemy team is the Shimakaze. I swear, no one on the other team would dare touch the outer ring as long as the shima don't send out torps.

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus