Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Moskva - is this ship hilariously OP?

13 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

Just tried the Moskva on the PTS. 

My first thought - how is the Moskva not nerfed? Why are people talking about nerfing Belfast, Minotaur, etc. when the power of this ship is absolutely hilarious?!?!

Screenshot of results from my 1st ever game in the Moskva:

World%20of%20Warships%208_04_2017%205_17

World%20of%20Warships%208_04_2017%205_17

mUrbJpS_zpszy33ncqe.jpg

Second game I got similar exp, but 223k damage. 

And I thought the Minotaur was OP!!! This ship is a absolute beast!!! 81k in AP damage and at the same time almost achieving Witherer from fire damage is unheard of. 

I laughed hard when a Grosser Kurfurst turned tail and ran from me when I charged at it. I Laughed even harder when after killing the GK, the enemy Yamato also turned away and ran. 

Eurobeat's quote "Point your riot shield forward, and kill everything stupid enough to get in front of you" describes this ship perfectly. 

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

*ahem PT ahem*
Moskva is a very good ship, but PT experience can't give you a clear image of how a ship will perform in live server, especially SEA with very different meta.
I played two PT games yesterday, one Montana and one DM.
My Montana game was map "trap", I head right into the center of the trap. Yes, Montana pushing right into cap B. The PT people never paid attention to me, and I was able to score 15 citadel hits and 302k damage. It was surprisingly easy, just took some bravery and patience. They just sail broadside at ~10km.
My DM game was map "loop", rush B *insert common Russian swear words meme here*. I deleted a Minotaur and a Moskva there and pushed to the other side of the map, raining hell upon and WASD trolled a Montana in the process and scared their Midway a bit. 178k damage and 8 citadels.
So PT can let you try ships and know their strength and weakness, but don't expect the same battle performance in live server.

PT SERVER META IN A NUTSHELL:

1. BB sailing broadside, getting deleted by BB/DD

2. British cruisers slip out of smoke, reverse back in while pewpew and get deleted by AP

3. Soviet cruisers sailing BB style, refer to (1.)

4. DD smoke for themselves and pewpew, deleted by torps

Edited by _Halcyon

5 posts
6,229 battles

Basically just skill level. There are times where I have good games in my Moskva and there are times I have bad games in it. You are a support cruiser where you sit back and burn shit and delete those ships who dares to show you their broadside especially BB's in 10km or less. The ship I would call more OP would be the ZAO.

If the enemy GB or Yammi knows what they are doing and when to hold their shot and when and which part of the ship to shoot, BOOM you are gone.

Don't just go and call a ship OP when all you did is testing the ship in PTS and what I can tell from PTS is that most players there are full POTATO. Go and try the Moskva if you manage to get it in the live server. It would be a different story

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

Any T10 cruiser will look OP at good hands. But sadly, that's not how buff / nerf work. Balancing decisions come from server statistics.

If that's the case, what about we division up in the PT server and ROFLstomping in the ships we want them nerfed?

Perhaps the reason that the Montana didn't get the buff because I had too much fun with it in PTS (though my Montana in the live server has absolute garbage performance).

Edited by Admiral_Neptulussus

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

If that's the case, what about we division up in the PT server and ROFLstomping in the ships we want them nerfed?

Perhaps the reason that the Montana didn't get the buff because I had too much fun with it in PTS (though my Montana in the live server has absolute garbage performance).

I am not talking about PTS, I am talking about Live server. Montana's performance is OK if you look at server average, At least on per with the other two battleships.

Look at this, the performance is pretty similar:

For Moskva:

eX3xypP.png

And for Montana

k63cuBf.png

I'm not saying they nerf / buff straight from server average, but they are a good indication to whether OP / UP claims are valid or not. Of course there are lot other issues to be taken into account and only devs know how they manage these info.

980 posts
12,617 battles

Dont you know. You cant question if the russian ship is op or not. Cause you will go to gulag :hiding:

heh heh. I'm happy with the responses here.

I wanted people to say it isn't OP. Because that means in a month of so I will unlock this great ship and be able to play with her in this state :)

146 posts
10,264 battles

I don't know. Personally I struggle with Moskva. As soon as I'm detected (which is soon) I'm focused by every enemy BB and Zao, and those damn Kutuzovs . . . I can generally spit out a fair bit of damage before I die - but it's never much fun.

I don't think it is nearly as strong as the Hindenburg. If anything, I think they should buff it's concealment.

It's more like the Minotaur - if you can get in a good spot, you can wreck an enemy team - but most of the time you are just easy XP for BBs. It turns like a brick, easy target for CVs, and you can't even close in and torp enemies if you need to. Actually, it's more like the Izumo than anything - it has one trick: good guns.

Give me Hindy anyday. I don't find Moskvas that much of a threat in Hindy...

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

heh heh. I'm happy with the responses here.

I wanted people to say it isn't OP. Because that means in a month of so I will unlock this great ship and be able to play with her in this state :)

You could say, Des Moines is UP :P

Sign in to follow this