You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KillStealz

German Cruiser's Performance / Buff (Poll)

German Cruisers Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Nurnberg - Do you feel this ship needs a buff?

2. 2. Nurnberg - If yes which buff would you choose?

• AP Shell Performance / Penetration
    • HE Shell Performance / Alpha dmg
    • Concealment / Maneuverability / Survivability
    • Rate of fire / DPM Buff
    • Moving hydro to plane consumable tab like radar
    • No Buff
  3. 3. Yorck - Do you feel this ship needs a buff?

4. 4. Yorck - If yes which buff would you choose?

• No Buff
  5. 5. Hipper / Prinz Eugen - Do you feel these ships needs a buff?

6. 6. Hipper / Prinz Eugen - If yes which buff would you choose?

• No Buff
  7. 7. Roon - Do you feel this ship needs a buff?

8. 8. Roon - If yes which buff would you choose?

• No Buff
  9. 9. Hindenburg - Do you feel this ship needs a buff?

10. 10. Hindenburg - If yes which buff would you choose?

• No Buff

50 comments in this topic

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

With the USN Cruiser's recently getting a buff and Sub_Oct mentioning a possible buff to the Hipper/Prinz Eugen, i thought it might be worth discussing possible buffs to the German Cruiser line and what they could look like. After reviewing the last 2 weeks ship statistics from all servers for Cruiser's i think a buff is justified for many tiers.

I've included tier 6+ and allowed 2 choices for buffs if you feel the ships needs more than one of the buffs mentioned.

Personally i'm in favor of buffing the AP Pen and moving the hydro consumable to the plane tab and allowing Hydro & Def AA Fire like other Cruisers can have Radar & Def AA Fire.

Edited by KillStealz

Super Tester
989 posts
4,321 battles

German CA have good alpha AP dmg but lowest pen since its krupp value around 2300++ something. Will shatter a lot. Correct me if im wrong. 

But buffing the AP or anything will not benefits the t6 t7 since its almost paper and sealclubber on t5 bb can devastate it on 1 shot. 

Probably rudder shift to increase survival and AP pen for dmg. 

But if the dev thinks its fine. Then it is. (Whisper ijn dd state)

Edited by Safiuddin97

1,386 posts
8,365 battles

Nürnberg: survivability

Yeah, historical layout. But protection means more than just armor layout, for example citadel layout or HP. Also the upper deck/hull often doesn't match historical thickness.

Yorck: AP

I know this 210mm gun is a WWI-era pre-Dreadnought gun and the AP shell has shit ballistics historically. But why not make a fictional new AP with better shell speed and ballistics? Yorck has fairly good HE and protection, but AP is so shit.

Hipper: RoF

I guess Roon is good.

Hindenberg is also OK I guess, but probably let the concealment be a bit better?

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

Either Buff AP shell Krup, and/or better shell normalization

so its not shatter too much

Im not mind, if they reduced AP alpha damage if they increase the penetration chance 

I hit fully broadsiding Izumo 7km away in Hindenburg, 2 Pen 8 shatter, next salvo got 6 pen 3 shatter. 

freaking unreliable sometimes

And Special hydro slot for high tier ships.

Edited by humusz

[BOTES]
Modder
449 posts
3,978 battles

Edit: back to serious mode

Nurnberg: the ship is essentially a glorified Konigsberg that has to face Tier 8s. Owing to the nature of the ship I really question if any feasible/ reasonable buff can be applied to her. My guess is slightly higher HP or manuverbility?

Yorck: Slightly faster turret rotation would help

Hipper: Penetration of the 203 guns and 0.5 second faster reload.

Roon: Don't think it has any need to be buffed apart from the penetration problem shared with other german 203 guns. 

Hindenburg: Once again, the penetration value of the 203 guns. And that I don;t really think the additional one turret provide enough improvement over the Roon. A possiblibilty is to enhance the performance of her hydro acoustic search (e.g. extend the range of HAS by 20%) to strengthen her role in anti-torpedo/DD operation.

On the other hand, it would be nice if the Tier 9 & 10 German Cruisers can have the option of mounting Tier 9/10 German DD torpedos like Zao can mount F3 torps

Edited by 9mm1n

1,083 posts
3,890 battles

Yorck: AP

I know this 210mm gun is a WWI-era pre-Dreadnought gun and the AP shell has shit ballistics historically. But why not make a fictional new AP with better shell speed and ballistics? Yorck has fairly good HE and protection, but AP is so shit.

Thats the only change I would make to the Yorck as well.I feel like a potato having to spam HE most of the time in it!

For the Nurnberg I would just change the 'Maneuverability'. I doubt much could be done with the armour so for experienced players in it changing this would make it a lot better at avoiding getting one shot.

Hipper/Eugen maybe another small buff to HE damage to help with DDs I guess.

1,386 posts
8,365 battles

Thats the only change I would make to the Yorck as well.I feel like a potato having to spam HE most of the time in it!

For the Nurnberg I would just change the 'Maneuverability'. I doubt much could be done with the armour so for experienced players in it changing this would make it a lot better at avoiding getting one shot.

Hipper/Eugen maybe another small buff to HE damage to help with DDs I guess.

Yorck's AP is basically useless. Even the 152mm of the tier are more dangerous to those cruisers who dare show broadside at ~10km range. Even the Japanese 203mm/50 3rd m2, usually considered not good at AP, totally crush Yorck's stupid shells.

Nürnberg needs more survivability, either protection or maneuverability.

1,083 posts
3,890 battles

Yorck's AP is basically useless. Even the 152mm of the tier are more dangerous to those cruisers who dare show broadside at ~10km range. Even the Japanese 203mm/50 3rd m2, usually considered not good at AP, totally crush Yorck's stupid shells.

Nürnberg needs more survivability, either protection or maneuverability.

Yep,Yorcks AP is too situational.If I remember to switch at the right time,I have gotten good damage and citadels on broadside cruisers at under 10km,but its not reliable.Better off just using HE most of the time.Overall I can play the Yorck very well as is,so good AP would make it OP for me!

980 posts
12,782 battles

German cruisers need to be nerfed. 

Nurnberg's armour needs to be nerfed, since the ship is a more manoeuvrability-focused ship and not a tanky ship. 

Yorck's AP and He need to be nerfed, that thing has such a high rate of fire.

The Hipper needs its rate of fire reduced,those AP shells will wreck anything at their current rate of fire.

Roon is difficult to citadel, even broadside by enemy BBs, which is ridiculous. Need to balance by nerfing  rate of fire.

Hindenburg just needs all round nerfs, it is too OP it's AP can kill Minotaurs in 1 salvo.

Heh heh.

Edited by LordTyphoon

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

German cruisers need to be nerfed. 

Nurnberg's armour needs to be nerfed, since the ship is a more manoeuvrability-focused ship and not a tanky ship. 

Yorck's AP and He need to be nerfed, that thing has such a high rate of fire.

The Hipper needs its rate of fire reduced,those AP shells will wreck anything at their current rate of fire.

Roon is difficult to citadel, even broadside by enemy BBs, which is ridiculous. Need to balance by nerfing  rate of fire.

Hindenburg just needs all round nerfs, it is too OP it's AP can kill Minotaurs in 1 salvo.

Heh heh.

Thread officially trolled by the Phoon lol
Edited by KillStealz

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

Some stats on German Cruiser performance across all servers over the last 2 weeks, didn't include ARP or S. Dragon ships.

Tier 6 / Total Cruisers = 8

Nurnberg    

Win Rate Rank 

Avg Damage Rank

SEA

8th

8th

NA

8th

8th

EU

8th

8th

RU

8th

8th

Tier 7 / Total Cruisers = 9

Yorck           

Win Rate Rank 

Avg Damage Rank

SEA

9th

9th

NA

8th

9th

EU

9th

9th

RU

9th

9th

Tier 8 / Total Cruisers = 8

Hipper          

Win Rate Rank 

Avg Damage Rank

SEA

8th

6th

NA

7th

7th

EU

7th

8th

RU

5th

7th

Prinz Eugen 

Win Rate Rank 

Avg Damage Rank

SEA

6th

8th

NA

6th

6th

EU

6th

6th

RU

3rd

4th

Tier 9 / Total Cruisers = 5

Roon            

Win Rate Rank 

Avg Damage Rank

SEA

4th

2nd

NA

4th

3rd

EU

4th

4th

RU

2nd

2nd

Tier 10 / Total Cruisers = 5

Hindenburg

Win Rate Rank  

Avg Damage Rank

SEA

5th

3rd

NA

5th

3rd

EU

5th

3rd  

RU

5th

4th

Edited by KillStealz

1,105 posts

Nurnberg NEED BUFF THE MOST!!!

when i start playing WoW, I AM FOOLED WITH KM HIGH AP DAMAGE! i think german science is the best, so it will become awesome to rekt everything with german AP glorious damage.... i dont know there is penetration value, ricocet or whatsover......

i think i am sux at this game, BUT NOPE.... after watch Drifter and play CV, i am realize.... KM CA is the worst.....

German AP damage info is MISLEADING THE NEWBIE PLAYER.... including me....

295 posts
6,853 battles

personaly i think what german cruiser need the most is penetration buff, german cruiser has lower HE damage than any other cruiser but high AP damage, but why their AP penetration is so low?

Super Tester
802 posts

Firstly, you're poll doesn't work the way you want it to, because except for the Yorck I don't believe any need a buff. The only thing the Yorck really needs is a buff to it's shell velocity imo.

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

German CAs should get both Hydro and DFAA.

New Orleans Balti and DM can get both Radar and DFAA. So why not German CAs get Hydro and DFAA?

Don't forget the Atlanta, Flint, Indi, Chapayev, D Donskoi & Moskva.
Edited by KillStealz

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles

German ca got trolled by the server camping meta where bb bow on constantly and cruiser running away at 1st sign of danger and continously trying to kite each other. The ship is fine, the server meta is not

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

Firstly, you're poll doesn't work the way you want it to, because except for the Yorck I don't believe any need a buff. The only thing the Yorck really needs is a buff to it's shell velocity imo.

How does it not work, your able to select whether you feel each ship needs a buff or not aren't you...  You don't have to select any buffs...

Also after showing the stats on ship rankings pretty hard to argue a number of these ships don't need buffs imo.

Edited by KillStealz

[R0GUE]
97 posts
6,549 battles

German ca got trolled by the server camping meta where bb bow on constantly and cruiser running away at 1st sign of danger and continously trying to kite each other. The ship is fine, the server meta is not

Don't believe this is the case, its more German CA get trolled by anything angling which is just good play and by very inconsistent AP. One salvo into broadside BB 10k... next all shatters. Even slight angles can counter German AP.

This kinda happens to Mino with angling, etc but not to the same extent.

Edited by KillStealz

372 posts
10,247 battles

Server stats say that high tier german cas are garbage. Please explain why that does not warrent a buff.

1,399 posts
9,131 battles

Didn't vote because I can only comment on the Yorck and the Nurnberg since I haven't played the rest, but personally I feel they could do with an AP penetration or normalisation buff or something.

The German cruisers are supposed to have high AP damage compared to other nations, but in reality I find myself sticking to HE a lot because of AP's horrible penetration. Even at 10km or less I still get a lot of shatters and bounces on anything that isn't a broadsiding cruiser.

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

Didn't vote because I can only comment on the Yorck and the Nurnberg since I haven't played the rest, but personally I feel they could do with an AP penetration or normalisation buff or something.

Penetration is calculated from Projectile speed and weight

which german CA have sufficient penetration energy at mid to close range

what it lack were Projectile Krupp

Krupp were material hardness, Armor also have Krupp value. if projctile krupp is lesser than armor krupp - they will shatter / no pen

its like shooting bullet made from watermelon into brick wall

AP Normalization were bouncing stuff.

it enable the shell to penetrate at steeper angle than normal. (penetrate angling target better)

1,105 posts

there is a way to force WG to buff German CA significantly...... simple, DONT PLAY IT.

if nobody play KM CA, WG WILL BUFF IT A LOT. 

The German cruisers are supposed to have high AP damage compared to other nations, but in reality I find myself sticking to HE a lot because of AP's horrible penetration. Even at 10km or less I still get a lot of shatters and bounces on anything that isn't a broadsiding cruiser.

i am just curious how did you do it in nurnberg? my average damage is 10K LOL