You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KillStealz

Detonation

Detonation  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should detonation be a game mechanic

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Juliet Charlie flags be available to purchase

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should they be available for doubloons or credits?

• Doubloons only
    • Doubloons and Credits
    • I don't think they should be available to purchase

45 comments in this topic

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

Personally i'm getting a bit tired of this game mechanic, no skill involved... 100% RNG based and just a frustrating mechanic. Yes I have had my fair share in the past week, hence the post.

It does not make the game "fun and engaging" in my opinion, and if they aren't going to remove the game mechanic then at least make the Juliet Charlie flags more easily available, getting them only through actually detonating and crates is not enough.

Anyway interested in others peoples thoughts and whether anyone actually likes this mechanic...

Edited by KillStealz

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

I actually like the mechanic :|

Your weird lol

No that's fine.. although I'm interested to understand what you like about the mechanic? 

Say if your ship was already damaged and you could only get detonated if you were under 20-25% hp then yeah i get it.. but being detonated from 100% at the start of a game is just no fun imo.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Your weird lol

No that's fine.. although I'm interested to understand what you like about the mechanic? 

Say if your ship was already damaged and you could only get detonated if you were under 20-25% hp then yeah i get it.. but being detonated from 100% at the start of a game is just no fun imo.

I know, I'm weird. Explained it elsewhere before.

Alright. Serious answer. Keep in mind that this is my personal opinion.

I like the detonation mechanic. It really incentivizes players to keep firing and keep fighting, even in the most hopeless of situations.

Case in point, I was in the t5 German DD on Fault Line. Enemy Kirov was charging, unopposed, up the center of the map, less than half of each side left. If he made it to our cap, it would've been our loss since our other ships were vastly out of position. I was out of smoke, and fired torpedo salvoes at him. He managed to dodge them cleanly, but he had detected and was firing on me. In my evasive action, I ended up running into one of the islands south of the base cap, stuck broadside to him, with less than 1000hp left. One good HE salvo would've killed me.

So there I was - no smoke, no torps, dead in the water, broadside to a cruiser at around 5km range. He's leisurely swinging his ship around to bring his rear turret to bear after his forward turrets failed to get the finishing blow on me. I would've been dead, but I kept firing HE at his bow in a final, desperate attempt. And praise be to RNG, before he could fire his final salvo, my last salvo of HE shells slammed into his bow, and the resulting damage caused him to detonate. Complete clutch kill that prolonged the match a little longer because I never stopped fighting and never stopped firing, even in the most desperate of situations.

Generally, the game doesn't want us to feel completely powerless, no matter the situation. Detonation is part of that. It makes me want to never give up, never stop firing, from the start of the match until the end, because I'll never know when I might get lucky and be firing on a ship without a Juliet Charlie, and net my team a crucial kill. Maybe an early lead by taking out a ship with a long range attack, maybe a clutch late-game kill at brawling range when you slam shells into their magazine area. Even if I'm a CA caught by a BB, or a DD caught by a CA, or a BB caught by a DD. When I'm playing a BB or CA, it makes me take note of every single shell coming my way - I can't really afford to be complacent when any single incoming shell could be a golden shot that takes me out of the game. It makes me think about whether I should mount that Juliet Charlie over another flag that would give me more exp, or a minor boost to my combat capabilities. That's why I like the detonation mechanic. It keeps things interesting for me.

My personal opinion is basically because I'm a hyper-aggressive player, which means I look for every single edge when taking my ships into close combat while taking as much defensive precautions as possible. Which means I do manually aim for magazines and turrets over just simple citadel aiming in order to maximize the chance of enemy detonations (or more commonly, silencing turrets for just that little extra edge in close combat) - on the off chance that someone simply doesn't have the JC equipped. And to be frank, I'm pretty much skilled enough to attempt for these sort of strikes at my preferred engagement ranges, so it's something I actively do and active defend against.

1,386 posts
8,249 battles

While not historically accurate in many ways, WoWS should reflect some part of how a naval battle would be in reality.

So I think detonation should be preserved.

Anyway there's a way of preventing it from happening, so I guess it's not a big deal.

I think all combat efficiency flags should be sold in credits.

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

oh lucky Risa

I got 88:unsure: (BB CA DD :popcorn:)

17799380_1341126819304665_88101157849806

me 41 :trollface: 6825 battles

because I always use "Fun and Engaging" flag (BB too!)

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

me 41 :trollface: 6825 battles

because I always use "Fun and Engaging" flag (BB too!)

if your always using these flags where are you getting them from?

Video Contributor
2,267 posts
10,789 battles

if your always using these flags where are you getting them from?

from

salttrainer(got 250 flags)

rank

and Fun and Engaging low tier 

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles

Holy moly thats a lot.:ohmy:

Primary-DD players will see detonation more often than other classes, since more easy to damage/destroy their magazines.

90% from DDs :child:

1,105 posts

LOL DETONATION IS MUSS!!

1. CV vs DD

in Hiryu, a DD catch me, send 2 DB (5 and 2).... 5 DB MISSED, 2 DB get shot down 1..... 1 DB SUCCESSFULLY DETONATE DD HUAHAHAHAA LUCKY....

2. CV vs BB

Shokaku launch  2 TB squadron, F der Grosse covered by Atago with AADF..... dat AADF, only 2 hit of TB.... F der Grosse get DETONATE LOL

3. spotting enemy Takao with DB, Takao use AADF and all DB got rekt..... some BB shot with AP, Takao get Detonate LOL

really fun and ENGANGING! [pffftt i dont have magazine]

btw, why mad of detonate? its chance is so rare, not like getting oneshot by BB AP CIT CRIT GOT HIT and CIT and still BOOM

Primary-DD players will see detonation more often than other classes, since more easy to damage/destroy their magazines.

i think DD need buff, i must admit i see a lot of DD and Furutaka got detonate LEL

Edited by Skarhabek

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

i dont mind detonation. But if RNG troll. then you gotta comply with it. 

I have like 1200++ detonation flags i didnt use at all. Simply cause.. "YEAYY i die. Yeayy i get medal. Yeayyy i owe 180k services repair cost" 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I have total of 20 detonation achievements in 2,000+ battles.

And OP/TS has 25 detonation achievements in 3,000+ battles.

Each detonation achievement gives 10 anti-magdet flags. Never used them afterwards I got detonated..... So ermmm..... how severe is the mechanics to the gaming community? 

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Each detonation achievement gives 10 anti-magdet flags. Never used them afterwards I got detonated..... So ermmm..... how severe is the mechanics to the gaming community? 

Ming.. i have 40 for 3000++ 

Hahahahahah. Rip me..

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

I've had 5 detonations in the last week, and always at the start of the game... and yeah i'm probably a bit salty because for me those games were not "fun and engaging" in the slightest.

I only ever used JC flags on my DDs and i had quite a few (lolcrates, etc).. so its only recently I haven't been able to use them. Regardless of how often it occurs its the frustration of of the mechanic when it does occur and/or how available the JC flags are.

I'd be ok with keeping the mechanic, but have it only work on ships with under 25% hp, heck even 50% hp... which would stop detonations at the start of a game... or make the flags available for doubloons/credits.

Edited by KillStealz

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,492 battles

It was never fun to be detonated. I just rage quit dd due to getting detonated twice in a row which just ruin any fun of it for a straight week. Grinding dd is like asking to get detonated atleast once per week. Anyway WG should buff dd magazine health a bit so their frequency of blowing up dont affect too much. Akatsuki and ijn dd are the prime ones to get det due to their big torp racks

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
327 posts

It's funny to see people rarely (almost never) whi...complained about how not fun ammo-rack in WoT is, but a lot of them just keep talking about how much detonation ruin their night here.

Despite it has similar probability, and similar mechanic (they are equally "not fun and engaging" as many people ha.... whi....  mentioned) to each other.

Perhaps this vote is for people who never ever able going to get over it to have a vent.

What about me? I neither hate nor like this mechanic, no matter I had been detonated 3 games in a row last 2 months (in a DD? no, in my BB and CA). and it only happens about 10 games over my 1700+ games, and I don't bother to really care about the existence of this mechanic.

Talk about them again when they happened more than 50% of the game.

P.S. just because Reddit hates detontation does not mean I have to hate it. period.