Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LonerPrime

Military Month Contributor Flag: Do you think we will get something similar... ever?

21 comments in this topic

294 posts
2,997 battles

So I was going through some YouTube videos about how to maximize xp/income while driving your ships and came across this little flag:

wtyjh1.jpg

Now as far as I can gather, these puppies were given away to the folks at the NA server as part of the Military Month celebrations to commemorate the VE-day last year. But they never showed up anywhere else and for good reason I suppose since they stand for something that has not much to do on this side of the world. But really though, even if it is 5%, I'll happily grind for something similar for its sheer usefulness to a standard account player. I mean compared to the Taiwan flag that is pure aesthetics, no offense to fellow players from Taiwan btw, this flag actually helps enhance the game-play experience somewhat. How about giving a bit of something useful to other servers too Mr. WarGaming or are we not worthy of your love and should be content grinding 25k for a tier 2 collector ship? I mean don't get me wrong, I am not staring the gift horse in the face but I would appreciate something that is universally useful and not something that would be good to stare at in my port.

Edited by LonerPrime

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Hope we can get a same kind of flag.

I mean not exactly the same one, but have a same +5% exp +5% credit +5% commander skill flag..... 

Edited by Cutie_Destroyer

556 posts
8,197 battles

Hope we can get a same kind of flag.

I mean not exactly the same one, but have a same +5% exp +5% credit +5% commander skill flag..... 

Premship flags should give those bonuses when applied to their parent ship.

Put Scharnald's flag on Scharnald and he get's the bonus, put the flag on something else and it's just a flag.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Premship flags should give those bonuses when applied to their parent ship.

Put Scharnald's flag on Scharnald and he get's the bonus, put the flag on something else and it's just a flag.

Actually, I knew there is a flag that boosts something....but I wish ASIA Server has a same event that gives a everlasting flag as mentioned above.

Anyway, thx for your advise

294 posts
2,997 battles

Something is better than nothing I say. I mean sure, 5% isn't much to some but if you have a game in which you made 95k, with this flag you would have made a 100k. That is basically worth a premium consumable with change to spare. Not to mention the extra 5% on captain xp is handy too when you get past the 10 point mark as it is pretty much a steep trek to the 19 point goal. As I said, tier 8+ is pretty heavy financially especially for standard account players. Any and all, as little as that might be, helps.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Inb4 why would you care so much about what happened on other servers? They have their own special days and their own special occasions. What happen over there doesn't need to happen here at all.

This really reminds me of people who whine about the Armistice Day event and ask for the same thing on Asia server even though it has nothing to do with us.

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

294 posts
2,997 battles

I can ask you the same to be honest. I am not asking for this flag exactly. I am proposing something on the same lines that would suit the Asia server or did you not care to read what I posted? Plus, I did not go looking for events on other servers. I went looking for tips on how to boost income ingame and came across a youtuber mentioning this flag among other things.

Seriously though, if you are pissed about something else, kindly do me a favor and do not unload your anger on my thread. It is a simple fact that NA server has a useful flag while EU/Asia does not. How is it wrong or cocky to suggest[NOT demand] something on similar lines?

[MEGA]
4,576 posts
17,580 battles

Once again; Asiaworstserver.jpg

How has someone not got a proper image for the meme yet?

it IS a meme, a chinese one that spread to the english circles, and there was a translated version of it somewhere

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Seriously though, if you are pissed about something else, kindly do me a favor and do not unload your anger on my thread. It is a simple fact that NA server has a useful flag while EU/Asia does not. How is it wrong or cocky to suggest[NOT demand] something on similar lines?

Like i said, What happened over there doesn't need to happen here, it's not for you to decide what happen in the game. This is just a game, have that flag or not, it's still a game. Don't be upset just because other servers have something that we don't have. Don't ask too much from the devs just because you're jealous of other servers or something. If NA/EU/RU don't ask something that we have on our server, we should do the same too. If they don't care, why should we care anyway?

Super Tester
562 posts
4,462 battles

There is a big difference in markets between Asia and the NA servers with NA having a much much more mature market (35-45). Asia seems to be more based around younger players as the developers (rightly or wrongly) believe that the Anime/manga market is much bigger here so they market things towards this. Hence why we get more of them as captains, missions etc. The Flag in question was for a huge marketing and charity event WG NA did with it's player base which raised a considerable amount for a veterans charity (can't recall its name but I believe WG donated over $125k. before player donations). You couldn't run the event here as Asia is made up of some many different nations whilst NA is basically US and Canadian players.   

The other elephant in the room is that the US and Canadian have flags everywhere. They live and breathe flags in there real life. drive down any street any you'll see flags, on poles, houses etc celebrating everything they do so for them the flag is more about patriotism than rewards. the Marketing department clearly knows this as they seem to have so many more flags than anyone else. I'd even go so far to say that alot of players there play the games just to collect all the flags. 

The problem here though is what flag would you do for it which would keep people happy? It's easy in the US as thats where most of the market is, they have a strong desire to play US ships so the flag suits them. Here though you couldn't use a nations flag, which means a gimmicky flag yet I for one can say I wouldn't run any flag on a ship which doesn't match the vessel.

But here's a suggestion, maybe WG could throw people a celebrationary 1 or 2 years of playing the game flag (based on the time the player has played not how long the game has been out for) or even I've played 2000 battles flag so here's a reward flag. This gives a small reward and token of appreciation to there long term players. The flag itself could be a unique WG flag with the number of years played on it.

Edited by Ensign_Brendoonigan

1,070 posts
3,852 battles

Don't ask too much from the devs just because you're jealous of other servers or something. If NA/EU/RU don't ask something that we have on our server, we should do the same too. If they don't care, why should we care anyway?

Really? Go to the EU forum and look back a few months to see what happened over there with EU deciding that their players didn't need the Admiral Graf Spee missions.The EU players kicked up a huge storm,and on one of the non english speaking sub forums there the mods even closed down a thread about it to try and hide the outrage.

They ended up getting the event,but only AFTER the players complained.

WG's  problem is that the internet is global,and ANY player can check any server at any time and see what is going on elsewhere.The problem is WG's,and all it requires is that they implement the big events on all servers at all times and they wouldn't get so much bad feedback about things.I check the NA and ASIA forums daily,and there is regularly complaints in both about things that other servers are getting that they don't or getting later than others.

As for the military flag in question,small events like that aren't that big a deal for me.As I said above I have it on my NA account and its handy but most of the standard flags are more useful.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Really? Go to the EU forum and look back a few months to see what happened over there with EU deciding that their players didn't need the Admiral Graf Spee missions.The EU players kicked up a huge storm,and on one of the non english speaking sub forums there the mods even closed down a thread about it to try and hide the outrage.

They ended up getting the event,but only AFTER the players complained.

WG's  problem is that the internet is global,and ANY player can check any server at any time and see what is going on elsewhere.The problem is WG's,and all it requires is that they implement the big events on all servers at all times and they wouldn't get so much bad feedback about things.I check the NA and ASIA forums daily,and there is regularly complaints in both about things that other servers are getting that they don't or getting later than others.

As for the military flag in question,small events like that aren't that big a deal for me.As I said above I have it on my NA account and its handy but most of the standard flags are more useful.

Graf Spee is a different thing because it's an actual T6 unique ship that everyone was waiting for. But this flag? No ones care if it's there or not and yet OP still want to throw a fit because of something so trivial.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

No ones care

Well clearly someone do, lol.

Anyways, what so new about Asia Server getting sh** on?

/quote "Because we're different" /quote, as in we are not all "Human Beings".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Alvin1020

294 posts
2,997 battles

Graf Spee is a different thing because it's an actual T6 unique ship that everyone was waiting for. But this flag? No ones care if it's there or not and yet OP still want to throw a fit because of something so trivial.

For the life of me, ever since this guy dropped in my thread I keep re-reading my original post wondering what exactly did I write that warranted him to go ballistic on me in such a fashion. Like he was hungry for days and I unknowingly peed in his soup. But I fail. I just fail to comprehend his criticism. Mr. Shiroyasha_Gintoki, allow me rephrase my post for your exclusive benefit and I'l try to keep it compact so you don't get lost somewhere again.

"I am SUGGESTING[NOT DEMANDING] something that is a BIT MORE BENEFICIAL than what we have in comparison."

Now go right ahead and read what Ensign_Brendoonigan wrote in post #14.

Do you realize what he did? He, in a very meticulous manner, gave his opinion and just like you he wasn't in support of my suggestion either. But do you see the difference between him and your posts? Allow me to point it out if you couldn't. In a detailed fashion he explained the reason behind the flag and cited probable reasons why something like that was given away in the first place. To motivate folks so the donation could happen, they gave something worthwhile for players to pursue. I did not know that. Sadly wiki does not divulge much information so I welcome his input gladly as I can see now why a flag of such kind wouldn't be given away to us at the moment. So I have nothing but respect for him for adding something worthwhile to my thread, but you on the other hand are outright poisoning it.

Back to your, "Nobody Cares" rant. For the love of god, this is a free to play game. You are not the only soul playing it. I sure as heck care, and clearly some YouTubers as well and I am damn well sure if something like this was given away on Asia, it would be used by a lot of folks unlike the Taiwan flag that I have barely seen being used in one out of hundred games. So I really hope you can stop your "Don't ask the developers too much" crap and leave my thread be. I don't know what kind of life you live and frankly it is none of my business but where I come from, democracy, if not perfect, is the best kind of government and it is rightly so because folks have the power to trigger debates. Ideas get exchanged, criticized, fine tuned and then either put into action or outright rejected. And as BanditSE1977 wrote himself, EU/NA forums are filled with topics about how Asia server get a lot of good stuff that they don't. I advise you open your eyes more and stop labeling people as demanding jerks just because they have something to suggest. On that note, good day to you sir.

Regards,

LP

PS: If I look like I am losing my shit, you can thank yourself for that because I sure as heck am pissed off, not because of the flag but because of your unwarranted attitude and allegations.

Edited by LonerPrime

1,357 posts
8,894 battles

Personally I am kind of glad that we don't have that kind of flag, and that the ones we get are purely aesthetic. Hear me out.

If WG gave something like that, you can bet that everyone will be flying those on their ships. Why use any other flag? What if I am Taiwanese and want to display the Taiwan Navy flag for patriotic reasons? But if I do so I would  be losing out on any bonuses since it is just for aesthetics. What if I am Australian and what to show off the Australian flag, only to find that I prefer the bonuses the New Zealand flag gives?

Currently I do need to worry about mix-maxing when it comes to flags and I like it that way. I fly the Haifuri flag on most of my ships to show that I am a fan of the series. ARP flag on the ARP ships to fit the theme. Maybe if I get the Kaga I will fly the Pearl Harbour Anniversary flag on her. Taiwan navy flag for the Tan Yang/Yukikaze when she is released, etc. If flags were to give bonuses, then the min-maxer in me will not be flying all those other flags and will just stick to one boring flag.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,081 battles

If NA/EU/RU don't ask something that we have on our server, we should do the same too. If they don't care, why should we care anyway?

Because we don't have anything unique for other server players to get jealous at (maybe except the easier ARP missions/Haifuri flag). I think we should ask for more exclusive content, but I don't mind if they didn't made some content available to all because it would have more significance to a certain market compared to others.

We have signal flags/prem camo for bonuses anyway, so I don't mind not having that NA flag.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

For the life of me, ever since this guy dropped in my thread I keep re-reading my original post wondering what exactly did I write that warranted him to go ballistic on me in such a fashion. Like he was hungry for days and I unknowingly peed in his soup. But I fail. I just fail to comprehend his criticism. Mr. Shiroyasha_Gintoki, allow me rephrase my post for your exclusive benefit and I'l try to keep it compact so you don't get lost somewhere again.

"I am SUGGESTING[NOT DEMANDING] something that is a BIT MORE BENEFICIAL than what we have in comparison."

Now go right ahead and read what Ensign_Brendoonigan wrote in post #14.

Do you realize what he did? He, in a very meticulous manner, gave his opinion and just like you he wasn't in support of my suggestion either. But do you see the difference between him and your posts? Allow me to point it out if you couldn't. In a detailed fashion he explained the reason behind the flag and cited probable reasons why something like that was given away in the first place. To motivate folks so the donation could happen, they gave something worthwhile for players to pursue. I did not know that. Sadly wiki does not divulge much information so I welcome his input gladly as I can see now why a flag of such kind wouldn't be given away to us at the moment. So I have nothing but respect for him for adding something worthwhile to my thread, but you on the other hand are outright poisoning it.

Back to your, "Nobody Cares" rant. For the love of god, this is a free to play game. You are not the only soul playing it. I sure as heck care, and clearly some YouTubers as well and I am damn well sure if something like this was given away on Asia, it would be used by a lot of folks unlike the Taiwan flag that I have barely seen being used in one out of hundred games. So I really hope you can stop your "Don't ask the developers too much" crap and leave my thread be. I don't know what kind of life you live and frankly it is none of my business but where I come from, democracy, if not perfect, is the best kind of government and it is rightly so because folks have the power to trigger debates. Ideas get exchanged, criticized, fine tuned and then either put into action or outright rejected. And as BanditSE1977 wrote himself, EU/NA forums are filled with topics about how Asia server get a lot of good stuff that they don't. I advise you open your eyes more and stop labeling people as demanding jerks just because they have something to suggest. On that note, good day to you sir.

Regards,

LP

PS: If I look like I am losing my shit, you can thank yourself for that because I sure as heck am pissed off, not because of the flag but because of your unwarranted attitude and allegations.

Surely you need to reconsider your life if you're losing your shit because of a game. Since this game is F2P, why bother with something that is so trivial? WG need to make money too you know.

Why don't you consider yourself in WG position? Is it beneficial FOR THEM to release this kind of flag on our server? Do they even care about this if they don't know this flag was release on other servers? People like you only ask for it when you see others have it. But when no one have it at all. You don't even want it. Trust me. You didn't ask for the flag b4. You only ask for it because you see other people have it.

In the end, you're just like a kid who's asking his/her parents for something that the other kids have and throw a tantrum because they don't agree with you.

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

Sign in to follow this