You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Sick of special upgrades in super containers

35 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Firstly these relatively new special upgrades are useless in regards to what they offer in comparison to the normal upgrade you must replace it with. The only one that I have found of any benefit is the speed boost special upgrade, the others are just not worth it IMHO.

Lastly, it is hard enough to get a super container yet all I have received lately when I do get one is these bloody useless special upgrades. It appears that premium ships are a forgotten factor these days.

146 posts
10,243 battles

Totally agree. I've had these useless upgrades in the all three SCs I've had this year . . . I would prefer anything else, even 250 flags . . . . 

I've pretty much lost interest in the the whole container business since the last SC; it used to be worth playing an extra game or two to reach the next container, with the hope of a premium ship or a bunch of credits - but now it doesn't seem worth it. . . 

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

I pick signal flag box for the same reason

foolishly tried luck for suprcontainer and get meh upgrades.

if it speed boost I will gladly accept though, the rest is just garbage

Edited by humusz

294 posts
2,997 battles

Can't agree more. Super containers should only have doubloons/premium ships/account time. Make them rarer if that makes WG feel comfortable but really, SC should have something worth the extra games player put in. Otherwise I am already burnt out enough. I'll play for 2 containers at max if I am having a good day but it is not worth it pursuing the third container.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Honestly, I think WG has to:

A. Add more usefulness to the "special" upgrades.(Change slots or give one extra slot on all ships)

B. Slightly lower the drop rate of the upgrades.

[LBAS]
4,495 posts
25,673 battles

At least you are still getting Supercontainers. It has been months since my last one. :(

Oh my dear 2 months 1 SC-->:(
Edited by MatterCore

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Agree OP,gotten 4 of them I think so far,sold all of them.

Totally agree. I've had these useless upgrades in the all three SCs I've had this year . . . I would prefer anything else, even 250 flags . . . . 

I've pretty much lost interest in the the whole container business since the last SC; it used to be worth playing an extra game or two to reach the next container, with the hope of a premium ship or a bunch of credits - but now it doesn't seem worth it. . . 

+1  Yep,it takes away the surprise.You used to see an SC drop,get all excited cos you know it would 'usually' be something useful.Now its like 'not another stupid module!"

For 3 months I gambled all 3 containers for a SC...

Never got one.

*table flip*

I tried TYL about half the time when first released,got nothing,so just went to the flags option.Gotten about 7 I guess since launch,and thats with only getting 1 container a day.

Better off just selecting something useful from the normal options and seeing how it goes!

753 posts
8,965 battles

Finally after all this time I got another SC but forgot all about these bloody useless special upgrades.

Seriously WG, nobody likes them and it's hard enough to get a SC only to be given this crap.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

I got 50 dragon flag from Signal superContainer ytd

before that, I ussualy pick try your luck skill and got 4 special upgrades (1 hydro, 1 engine boost, 2 repair)

maybe, higher chance of getting upgrades from is from  try your luck crate

Edited by humusz