You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fortgas_Sabo

Old players are leaving the game.

47 comments in this topic

21 posts
4,877 battles

Dear WG, 

I don't know how your parameter about the amount of player is, but I know one thing that many old player of the game is now leaving the game, it because of the distortion in game meta, I used to play in a game where there was a division with a Gearing, a Des Moines and a Minotaur in enemy team and that was a disaster, Gearing use smoke for DM and Mino, when the smoke faded out Minotaur use his smoke, when our DDs come close to drop torpedo, DM use radar, they just sit there and farm damage. There are so much radar/sonar in high tier games, this doesn't effects RU DD, German DD or USN DD so much because of their playstyle but it effects IJN DD very much, they don't want to cap or get close to drop torps which lead to the risk of being spotted by radar and get rekt, their torps so slow, detection range so big => easy to dodge, those torps can be used are so close, they have to come close => spotted by radar. There are much more problem with the game nowaday compare to old days when there was IJN and USN lines. WG please stop giving new ship line, focus on what players of all server really think about the game, if the current situation won't be solved, the game is so end.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

3 things.

1. Old players are not leaving the game.(atleast not in large numbers)

2. Yes, IJN DDs are quite shit in the current meta but hopefully they'll get a buff sometime. (When WG realises they are bad)

3. Play lower tier for fun, higher tiers for the grind. After Tier 7 the game meta slowly becomes campy.

Edited by karrablaster123

1,494 posts

Yet another "poor suffering DD player" thread....

What a load of rubbish we have to read. ... nothing bu the a bait thread. 

I am a veteran of over 5200 games,  & while I am not a founding member I have been on since open beta testing & was on when they launched the game... & I haven't gone anywhere. So I don't know what garbage can you got this crap out of.

So ships change, mm changes,players change, navies change... those who play are big enough to accept the changes & can handle them. .. if you are one of those who can't. ... all I can say...

GIT GUD

Ordrazz 

Ps - please find a better subject to write about next time, instead of garbage... I see enough  of that in TV. 

Edited by Ordrazz

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

more line and more ship mean more diverity. and that is good.

i used to have a sure moment, example briging my kamikaze and the enemy DD is nicolas / gnevny (the old gnevny). i will roam like i have not fear of them.. my detection is lower and i have smoke. but now, that annoying T22 with the hydro will kill me if i camp inside smoke. 

different ship bring different playstyle...

1,126 posts

I'm not leaving (yet)

I just take a long brake, I haven't play for almost a week now.

can't be help.

I just got...

- horizon zero dawn

- Persona 5

- Tales of berzeria

- Uncharted 4

all top tier PS4 game that million times fun than WoWs

I'll come back after complete all of them :D

Super Tester
2,725 posts

but I know one thing that many old player of the game is now leaving the game

Citation needed

I agreed with bucksgen here.

Can you explain your data on many old player? Like what method you used to arrived to such conclusion that "MANY" had left. Quite a broad term you used there, like how many?

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

im 55, i thought i would leave because i couldnt see the game so well, so i brought a new computer with a clean screen , i,ll proberly stay another 5 years now

nice. i was trying to teach my dad also so he can still active in his retirement time

Video Contributor
2,266 posts
10,789 battles

2. Yes, IJN DDs are quite shit in the current meta but hopefully they'll get a buff sometime. (When WG realises they are bad)

you should say IJN DD player don't know how to play

I usually play IJN DD now I can't stand who never cap and try to get achievement "no cap kill all" my Shimakaze was bad but now average damage 85k per match and 2-3 capture bases and Akizuki stealth cap shoot if me detected cover friends with my superb AA 

1,494 posts

well nerf to ijn dd is good, the more the nerf the better

it's not the meta but how players play now that is bad

I agree with this 100%

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,618 battles

Found the BB player

i dont even play bb nowadays

but these ijn dd players, go round the map try to find cv, dont help cap or help defend cap while we on gunboat getting detected try to dodge try to defend cap try to do damage try to help teammate

then the worst kind, picking fight with gunboats for what i dont know then get sunked and put as all in backside hole

also not much cv to spot them even so they failed to play the objective, WG nerf them good buff them still don't make them any useful with how it's played

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I've been top10 WTR EU with shima as long as I can remember, I have over 250 battles in the ship. If an enemy Gearing / Z-52 have any idea what they are doing they can bully me all over the map. If a IJN carrier T8 or higher with any level of skill in cross-dropping shows up I risk being killed instantly if I try flanking.

The ship is horribly inconsistent as you rely strongly on your opponents being mediocre to deal high damage. Also if an enemy kites away from you, you have no real tools to deal damage as your gunpower is so lacking and your easily spottable torps (1.9km detection) are easy to dodge if fired from behind.

In competitive tier 8 matches, aka clan wars, NO ONE plays Kagero. I play with OMNI, the best team in EU, and we would laugh ourselves silly if someone brought a Kagero over a Benson to a competitive game. If you follow competitive games at all you know no one brings a Kagero, because why would they use the inferior ship?

Then we of course have the Fletcher, the most ridiculous DD that you for some reason keep ignoring. Both Fletcher and Shima pump out roughly the same amount of torps, Fletcher: 10 torps/106s, Shima: 15 torps/150 s. Shima deals 4k more damage per torp, but Fletcher torps are MUCH easier to hit thanks to their amazing 1.4km detection range (compared to shima 1.9km). This means you have 7.64s to react to a Fletcher torpedo while you have a whole 10.21s to react to Shima 12km torps. If you use F3 torps (suicidal in current meta) you can still only reach a reaction time of 9.00s, STILL BEING INFERIOR TO FLETCHER while losing in range as well.

So you have statistically almost equal, while in effect having superior torpedo power to the 'ultimate torpedo boat' on a T9 US DD, but you also have insanely superior DPM to start fires with once you cause a flooding. And you have US smokes, Defensive AA and US turret traverse which makes you a knife-fighting god.

This isn't about my opinion, this is god damn cold hard facts. If IJN DDs are fine, then US DDs are overpowered torpedo boats. If US DDs are not overpowered then IJN DDs are not fine."

Flamu, 2017

Edited by Safiuddin97

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Im not suprise if ppl leave cause of the IJN DDs state. 

One doesnt understand IJN DDs if you didnt play them... Play her. Then you re free to comment on how the IJN DDs works or plays. 

I just hate ppl saying on something but they didnt even touch the thing or even be on that TIER

Its like "Oh the gearing is good/Oh the gearing is bad *but didnt even own a gearing*"

Edited by Safiuddin97