You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Burnt_Out_Koalas

Having a draw isnt a bad thing or is it?

16 comments in this topic

307 posts
6,414 battles

Have you ever felt that when time ran out that the game should have been a draw?:izmena:

I have been in games where we are lucky to get the win and unlucky to lose, in fairness neither team should have won.

Why is it so black and white? :coin:

Perhaps certain game modes?

I guess i would not be the only one to have asked this but I am interested in your thoughts?

Cheers

295 posts
6,613 battles

there was a time when draw was actually a thing, so if both team in domination mode failed to either get 1000 points or kill all enemy ships you get draw, and everyone get 1x exp multiplier, then many players complained to WG because of too many draws 

Edited by Teostra

2,222 posts
13,737 battles

The objectives are quite simple. If you complete them you deserve the win. 

I would say it is not black and white because team members may have different objectives. Perhaps their objective is to farm credits for their next ship, or maybe their objective is a campaign task that they are prepared to sacrifice all else to complete. So they may well complete their objective even though you view it as a loss.

307 posts
6,414 battles

Yep, but for normal modes, draw would force more aggressive gameplay

I agree, perhaps if the time runs out .... overtime is included IE: 5:00 mins.    This will encourage more aggressive play?

[BRU]
279 posts
2,080 battles

It's not impossible for games to end in a draw. Ending on a draw is just super rare.

It only happened to me once in a recent Ranked Battle, where my Nagato and an enemy Shiratsuyu (at close range) were the only ones left. The DD sunk me with torps, but having fired my guns before getting torped, I managed to sink the DD as well.

And yes, all of us in that game lost a star.

Edited by EJL

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

Previously during very early time, if either team failed in kill all/1k points/0 points and the game ended after 20 minutes, it's a draw. Currently only if both team ended with same score/both team lost all ships. As draw is in many aspects similar to a lose, reducing it is a good thing.

Edited by _Halcyon

Super Tester
802 posts

Yep, but for normal modes, draw would force more aggressive gameplay

You can still get draws, however the frequency is much, much, much less likely.

And if you were around when Standard battles were identical to a WoT standard battle (that is, no cap points being passively generated) then you'd be crying out for change as well. the high chance of a game being a draw didn't alleviate the passive meta on this server back then and wouldn't change it now.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

A draw was bad for WR as it counted as a loss, so players complained and had draws removed.

players were having to many draws

long time no see...

Well a Draw is kind of an defeat so i don't think it is gonna matter much...

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Well if you don't mind a battle where the enemy's last DD runs far away and your slow battleships trying to chase him to no avail and the game ends in a draw. Not very fun right?

307 posts
6,414 battles

Well if you don't mind a battle where the enemy's last DD runs far away and your slow battleships trying to chase him to no avail and the game ends in a draw. Not very fun right?

Hmmm well if the DD is running away then he wants to lose right?  It sounds like draws are almost treated like a loss, so it should encourage the DD to run straight at the BB.  Besides is not a BB worst enemy is a DD?

CV       Beat       Everything

BB       Beat       CA/CL

CA/CL Beat       DD

DD      Beat       BB

Sounds like the DD is doing it wrong.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Hmmm well if the DD is running away then he wants to lose right?  It sounds like draws are almost treated like a loss, so it should encourage the DD to run straight at the BB.  Besides is not a BB worst enemy is a DD?

CV       Beat       Everything

BB       Beat       CA/CL

CA/CL Beat       DD

DD      Beat       BB

Sounds like the DD is doing it wrong.

If the DD fights, it is a loss for him and a victory for the BBs. If the DD runs, it is a draw for both of them(essentially a loss). Also, Rock paper scissors no longer applies to the game. The DD wants to run away to save his skin. This is bad.
Edited by karrablaster123

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

long time no see...

Well a Draw is kind of an defeat so i don't think it is gonna matter much...

​yes still around but playing less and less cuz of the BS in the game when its over controlled by RNG and MM when you have 0% chance to win

307 posts
6,414 battles

If the DD fights, it is a loss for him and a victory for the BBs. If the DD runs, it is a draw for both of them(essentially a loss). Also, Rock paper scissors no longer applies to the game. The DD wants to run away to save his skin. This is bad.

bad players will always run away to save their skins.... I dont think it would matter if they had a win/draw/loss situation.  But yes i understand.