You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
deathrides

saipan able to exit dogfight no penalty

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,330 battles

I was in a game today with a ranger against a saipan both of us had 2 fighter squadrons but he had the ability to exit the dogfight with no penalty and having faster fighters would engage mine in a dogfight and start a strafe run with his second squadron and then exit the dogfight with his first squadron prior to the strafe reaching my fighters which were locked in place.

Needless to say a totally unfair advantage which cost me all my fighters for the loss of about 6 of his even when I managed to engage his fighters separately he would still exit 1 squadron and strafe mine being locked in place for several seconds before being able to move

a very unfair advantage created which needs to be addressed

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Fighters may now disengage from an air battle against another squadron by means of a manual attack (ALT-attack). In case of a withdrawal from the air battle via the ALT-attack, squadrons of all carriers withdrawing from the battle will lose one aircraft—this rule will not apply to Saipan whose squadrons will not lose aircraft as it has only 3 fighters in squadron.

It's already noted in the patch note. Here

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,330 battles

and as used as I have described you dont feel it is broken, I was aware of the update in the patch what I am saying is that it has unbalanced the carriers at tier 7 and given the saipan to big an advantage

2,217 posts
13,678 battles

Not having the Saipan I was unsure if exempt meant that the Saipan wasn't even able to disengage. To me that would be a fair balance, because Saipan has the speed to avoid engagement. I agree if Saipan can disengage & not lose a fighter is just buffing the buffed.

Of course your counter to this move is to disengage and strafe his incoming fighters.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

A lot of people are already aware of the changes made, which are mentioned within the patchnotes. What the concern is that, Saipan players have found a new way to use the fighters, with a tactic that some might feel as somewhat OP, as there is little counterplay against it.

I was watching a few popular NA streamers on Twitch playing the Saipan, and it does seem pretty difficult to counterplay.

Edited by benlisquare