Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RisaFujiyama

0.6.3 Is German DDs Worthy Now?

13 comments in this topic

1,162 posts

Now that your firing range is the detected range. Its like buff for them. No longer crazy gun bloom.

I know that they still gonna outclassed by US and RU DD in gunnery. But the thing is they got Hydro. Therefore they can push smoke with confidence. And I like push DDs smoke.

I know its stupid but If its stupid and it works, its still stupid but it still works.Right?

So whats your opinion on German DD. Ja? Nein?

[BRU]
279 posts
2,053 battles

Dunno, I'm at T-22 atm (in my other account).

While I enjoy it, the smoke is the only problem I see. Torps are fine, guns are fine (notwithstanding the bad HE shells). Haven't got to the Maass (as I've said, I'm at the T-22) yet, so can't tell you how hydro works out on the DDs. But as a German cruiser player, their hydro is great, so it could help you deal with smoke screens. And torps.

I guess you gotta try it, see if it catches your fancy. Just beware of the bad smoke (good thing smoke screen timer is now in the game).

Edited by EJL

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

They have the best hydro in the game, use it to your advantage. Since I'm still stuck at T-22 because of short smoke duration and shells worse than US DD's, I can't fully give you advice for that.

520 posts
11,123 battles

Im currently Using Tier 7 - 9 German DDS..... i think they're ok if you use them properly.   Though very prone to AP Damage... They can surprise enemies with fast Torp reload and Sonar

[LBAS]
4,454 posts
25,589 battles

V25 a brawler DD:trollface:

T22 shoot and run, if U have CE then U can torp some ship

T6 plus CE play like Kamikaze with high rate of guns :teethhappy:

Z1 plus CE if U played Mahan then no problem with Z1

Z23 Im playing with 150mm guns, some how similar to stock T7 Hatsuharu:sceptic:

Edited by MatterCore

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,753 battles

I've only really played the Maass, Z-46 and Z-52 to any degree, and I think they are good ships.  Comparitively much better with the 0.6.3 gun bloom change.

They are difficult to play well though.  You get punished more than most DD's for firing your guns at the wrong time. You have short smoke so you can't just sit in it and spam for decent damage games. Most importantly, where other DD's can get away with only HE spam, KM DD's only really excel when the captain is able to maximise their effective use of AP.

440 posts
3,379 battles

I've only done a few battles in my T-22 but so far it's more comfortable than before the patch.

< patch 0.6.3

*killed an enemy ship, his team a few kilometers outside of my firing range still spotted me and starts shooting me

=/> patch 0.6.3

*killed an enemy ship, his team that's a few kilometers outside of my firing range can't spot me through the gun firing detection

Now that the problem of detection is gone from the German DDs, the consumable's time is quite some problem, but ever since I picked up this line it hasn't been such a big deal

Edited by rouge42

[LBAS]
4,454 posts
25,589 battles

*killed an enemy ship, his team a few kilometers outside of my firing range still spotted me and starts shooting me

DD with detection range of BB :amazed:

Sign in to follow this