You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kaze_Shima_Poi

Im a BB player I'm gonna complain

49 comments in this topic

[-POI-]
7 posts
6,016 battles

Im a noob BB captain and i came to complain.

Stealth fire removal, ok. i finally stepped out of the BB line and decided to get Akizuki, got her, liked her, played her quite alot.

i still like akizuki, its just that i have to player her more like a cruiser, with that 15km range and 33knots top speed. But this post isnt about that stealth fire thing.

I go back to playing Yamato, had stoopid Minotaur on the enemy team for 3 games.

every time. every single time i see him, he smokes. he shoots me, i angle. i get hit in superstructure. i take 3k per salvo. every 3 seconds.

after a minute and a bit, pretty much half my HP is gone, thats 50k, thats more than 3 full duration fire, and less repairable.

i hit him a few times in smoke, but he has repair too, a good repair. and its too much RNG to hit stuff in smoke.

i know minotaur is thinly armored, but u dont need armor when u arnt spotted. his smoke lasts almost 2 minutes too.

Anyone wanna share some ways to deal with a smoking / hidden minotaur?

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Stealth fire removal, ok. i finally stepped out of the BB line and decided to get Akizuki, got her, liked her, played her quite alot.

i still like akizuki, its just that i have to player her more like a cruiser, with that 15km range and 33knots top speed. But this post isnt about that stealth fire thing.

I go back to playing Yamato, had stoopid Minotaur on the enemy team for 3 games.

every time. every single time i see him, he smokes. he shoots me, i angle. i get hit in superstructure. i take 3k per salvo. every 3 seconds.

after a minute and a bit, pretty much half my HP is gone, thats 50k, thats more than 3 full duration fire, and less repairable.

i hit him a few times in smoke, but he has repair too, a good repair. and its too much RNG to hit stuff in smoke.

i know minotaur is thinly armored, but u dont need armor when u arnt spotted. his smoke lasts almost 2 minutes too.

Get outta their range while they are in smoke. Problem solved!

525 posts
7,946 battles

Get outta their range while they are in smoke. Problem solved!

But how they would push and helped the team?

i thought everyone want the BBs to push

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

But how they would push and helped the team?

i thought everyone want the BBs to push

Just push into the smoke? It's not rocket science. 

525 posts
7,946 battles

if 1 vs 1, sure go ahead.

if you actually do that in random battles while there's a lot of enemy team shooting at you, then i won't even bother to explain how that plan would fail in an epic way.

Edited by Skooma

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

if 1 vs 1, sure go ahead.

if you actually do that in random battles while there's a lot of enemy team shooting at you, then i won't even explain how that plan would fail in an epic way.

And you're forgetting that there are people on your team. The enemies aren't the only one shooting you, your team is also shooting them.

525 posts
7,946 battles

And you're forgetting that there are people on your team. The enemies aren't the only one shooting you, your team is also shooting them.

>random

>expecting team help

:teethhappy:

there's a reason why i main CA, i got sick of getting left to die by my team when playing BBs and pushing.

Edited by Skooma

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Agreed. Because I'm grinding Neptune. I'll be super happy when that BB trying to push my smoke get spotted by my hydro and got hit by a straight line of 8 torps.

Edit: viable and good tactic for a KM BB, but OP is having a Yamato.

Edited by _Halcyon

525 posts
7,946 battles

So why would that apply to to enemy? They were clearly helping the enemy in the smoke, right?

oh yea, they helping, by kiting away, and you know who would die first when an attacking ship fight against a kiting ship?

seems you really out of touch with high tier meta

Edited by Skooma

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Agreed. Because I'm grinding Neptune. I'll be super happy when that BB trying to push my smoke get spotted by my hydro and got hit by a straight line of 8 torps.

Edit: viable and good tactic for a KM BB, but OP is having a Yamato.

Maybe if he's <content removed>. Any good BB wouldn't even eat any because he could weave in between torps coming from his bow. 

oh yea, they helping, by kiting away, and you know who would die first when an attacking ship fight against a kiting ship?

seems you really out of touch with high tier meta

If they're moving away, that means your team and you are free to move up into the smoke, no?

Insults/Derogatory Comments. Post Edited. User Sanctioned

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

525 posts
7,946 battles

Maybe if he's <content removed>. Any good BB wouldn't even eat any because he could weave in between torps coming from his bow. 

If they're moving away, that means your team and you are free to move up into the smoke, no?

ok, ill just give you an example then, because you seems really out of touch with high tiers meta

>a ship in the enemy team smoke and fire from inside smoke

>you push into the smoke

>you got focused fired while you push into the smoke.

>all the enemy ships except the one inside the smoke are sailing away while burning you to death

>your team either can't hit them because it's harder to hit a kiting ship or don't have the range

>you sunk even before you reach the smoke

>enemy team then start to push

The only counter against smoke camping are radar, and launching torps to the enemy smoke, so just hope your team DDs know what they're doing.

There's a reason why Minotaur is my favorite tier X ship right now, because i can abuse that scenario all the time.

Quote Updated.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

No, simply no. If I keep my torps until 3km and release them manually, I can guarantee super high hit rate. British torps can be fired one by one and if the torps are fired good, there's no chance a BB can slip through. Even if I pick the auto launch mode(same as the thin spread mode of casual torps), maneuverability and size of high tier BB can't avoid getting hit. If I failed to kill that BB, I turn around and there goes an extra bank of 8 torps to secure the kill.

Only German BBs with ~6km hydro can push blueprint RN CL smoke.

Quote Updated.

~ADM_dude

Edited by ADM_dude

525 posts
7,946 battles

The only advice i can give is to ask your DDs to torp the smoke, or just sail away, don't try to push towards the smoke unless it's a 1 vs 1, or your team have the numbers advantage
Edited by Skooma

1,105 posts
7,834 battles

Blindfire using spooter aircraft

it require luck and a tad bit of experience to do succesfull aimming

at 1 lucky point, I blindfire into kutuzov smoke using fredrich

holy cow, 5 citadel !

eh, wait - since when Kutuzov can eat 5 citadel and survive

after smoke cleared, there cripled minotour and kutuzov

so lucky

525 posts
7,946 battles

Blindfire using spooter aircraft

it require luck and a tad bit of experience to do succesfull aimming

at 1 lucky point, I blindfire into kutuzov smoke using fredrich

holy cow, 5 citadel !

eh, wait - since when Kutuzov can eat 5 citadel and survive

after smoke cleared, there cripled minotour and kutuzov

so lucky

Yea, i need to learn blind fire more, teach me senpoi

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

ok, ill just give you an example then, because you seems really out of touch with high tiers meta

>a ship in the enemy team smoke and fire from inside smoke

>you push into the smoke

>you got focused fired while you push into the smoke.

>all the enemy ships except the one inside the smoke are sailing away while burning you to death

>your team either can't hit them because it's harder to hit a kiting ship or don't have the range

>you sunk even before you reach the smoke

>enemy team then start to push

The only counter against smoke camping are radar, and launching torps to the enemy smoke, so just hope your team DDs know what they're doing.

There's a reason why Minotaur is my favorite tier X ship right now, because i can abuse that scenario all the time.

And why can't you kite? I mean, your team are having trouble hitting them which also means they have trouble hitting you if you're kiting? Why make the scenario in favor of the enemies while downplaying your own? 

No, simply no. If I keep my torps until 3km and release them manually, I can guarantee super high hit rate. British torps can be fired one by one and if the torps are fired good, there's no chance a BB can slip through. Even if I pick the auto launch mode(same as the thin spread mode of casual torps), maneuverability and size of high tier BB can't avoid getting hit. If I failed to kill that BB, I turn around and there goes an extra bank of 8 torps to secure the kill.

Only German BBs with ~6km hydro can push blueprint RN CL smoke.

It's not even that hard to dodge manual torps as you can bait a spread, and by the time you turn to your other side, the BB would have proxy spotted you. Not to mention blindfiring into smoke, it's not even hard.

525 posts
7,946 battles

And why can't you kite? I mean, your team are having trouble hitting them which also means they have trouble hitting you if you're kiting? Why make the scenario in favor of the enemies while downplaying your own? 

And that's back to my original point :

PUSHING A SMOKE ALONE IS A BAD IDEA

now that wasn't too hard to understand right?

Edited by Skooma

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

And that's back to my original point :

PUSHING A SMOKE ALONE IS A BAD IDEA

now that wasn't too hard to understand right?

And why do you think you're only going in alone? But wait, the enemy have their team but you're alone? How did you even get into that position?

525 posts
7,946 battles

And why do you think you're only going in alone? But wait, the enemy have their team but you're alone? How did you even get into that position?

and that's assuming your team want to push with you, i already have so much battle at high tier that i can say without a doubt, you will be left to die.

you're really out of touch with high tiers meta.

besides, with how asia meta works, it's almost guaranteed  the kiting side would win in a straight up fight against a pushing side.

Edited by Skooma

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

and that's assuming your team want to push with you, i already have so much battle at high tier that i can say without a doubt, you will be left to die.

you're really out of touch with high tiers meta

Maybe try communicating? Most people would follow a BB push because they feel safer. Not everyone on your team is a potato.

525 posts
7,946 battles

Maybe try communicating? Most people would follow a BB push because they feel safer. Not everyone on your team is a potato.

I lost count i got ignored by my team mates,dude, even when i play in the RU server where all of the players speak Russian i still got ignored, and Asia have a lot of players with different language, that's why i div a lot in high tiers (FISHING DIV FTW).

your entire point so far is basically to trust your team mates to help you push the smoke, and that's a big mistake in random, i don't even trust people sometimes in Ranked, and yes, not everyone in your team is a potato, but majority are, unless you're in the same team with a fishing div, then you're good.

Edited by Skooma

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I lost count i got ignored by my team mates,dude, even when i play in the RU server where all of the players speak Russian i still got ignored, and Asia have a lot of players with different language, that's why i div a lot in high tiers (FISHING DIV FTW).

your entire point so far is basically to trust your team mates to help you push the smoke, and that's a big mistake in random, i don't even trust people sometimes in Ranked, and yes, not everyone in your team is a potato, but majority are, unless you're in the same team with a fishing div, then you're good.

So basically, the enemies are not potatoes while yours are?

525 posts
7,946 battles

So basically, the enemies are not potatoes while yours are?

no, but like as my point earlier, a kiting side would almost always win against a pushing side.

it's irrelevant if both side have potatoes or not, since a potato won't help you push but will always kite a ship, and guess which side have to push and which side have to kite? 

you don't need communication to kite.

Edited by Skooma