Sign in to follow this  
The0warrier

About premium ships

11 comments in this topic

25 posts
334 battles

Premium ships are so overpowered

However how to choose the best premium ship?

Once I wanted to buy Atlanta but someone said it was not too good

So what premium ship do u  think is the worthest to buy?

P.S. pls give their advantages and disadvantages

Also the budget is 16000 doblons

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

True though, premiums should instead be ships that are unique from the main line of ships....

Kitakami? Anyone?
Edited by Alvin1020

63 posts
1,554 battles

First off, where did you get the idea that premium ships are over-powered?

If they were, then all of the tight-arses who never want to put their hands into their pockets to support a game (because it says it's free) would be complaining that the game is pay to win.

Granted, I have my moments when I may believe that a particular ship is OP - such as the Atlanta, or anything Russian - but when I decide to get said ship, it's not the case.

Why? Because it's not just about the ship. Sure, it'll train a captain without needing to pay to retrain him from another ship, generate credits at a higher rate, and all XP is free XP but it's more than that.

First, you have to have a handle on how to play the ship and secondly, it's the buffs that a skilled Captain brings. 

I know where the confusion comes from - the people who whinge about particular ship X, Y, or Z because they've come up against someone who's loaded a high level Captain into the ship and happens to play the class and/or ship well.

Sure there are some which require more work than others but there seems to be this unreasonable expectation that you can jump into any ship for the first time and just pwn in it.

Unless you've logged your "golden 10,000 hours" playing this game, then it's unlikely that this is going to happen.

As for decent reviews? Go and read up the Premium Ship Wiki here then check out the links to Little White Mouse's reviews.

She's the one reviewer who doesn't expect all premium ships to be OP then slag them off because they aren't.

Her reviews also include a recommendation with respect to skill level and ship-playing preference.

For every answer you'll get here telling you a particular ship is OP or way, way weaker than the rest will be by people with an axe to grind... 

Edited by Captain_Fathom

25 posts
334 battles

Thanks for the above comments

premium ships are not overpowered

However I really enjoy playing those ships as they are different

So can you give me some comments about how to choose premium ships?

P.S.i enjoy ships that shoot fast and NO Aircraft carrier,others are ok

Above tier 5

Prices lower than 16000 doblons

and can u also give some of the advantages of Atlanta?(she shoot really fast:)

Edited by The0warrier

520 posts
11,127 battles

I feel you... because i was looking for a premium ship aswell that shoots fast.

I also have the Atlanta, its really nice.. BUT... you have to learn how to play it properly to be effective in it.

BUT...

The Belfast has a rather low learning curve.  I can also recommend that ship to you.    Like the Atlanta, you will be the Bane of Enemy Destroyers, with more toys to play with then the Atlanta:)

63 posts
1,554 battles

... just remember that it's a cruiser without torpedoes... if you're used to something RN like the Leander, then not having torps can be a surprise when you forget you're in the Belfast... but it IS a nice ship and only the premium RN ships have HE, so that makes a pleasant change too (looks evilly at the Atlanta :) ...)

Edited by Captain_Fathom

Sign in to follow this