Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

Non CV player trying out new CV control - 1st game in Hosho

17 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,768 posts
8,043 battles

So, one of the reasons for removing manual drop was to prevent seal clubbing? Auto drop is OP. You just group your bombers with a little bit of gap between them and you create a perfect wall of torpedoes.

My first game in Hosho and overall second cv game.

Zy7dASu.jpg

sItQTLl.jpg

OJUGURo.jpg

Nope WG, still very much seal clubbing at low tiers. I am happy tho, got the only achievement I didn't have, a Liquidator.

1,105 posts

LOL i remember always doing auto drop in hosho because ship are to slow to dodge it. they should add AADF for every tier CV to prevent sniping instead of nerfing the control. doing liquidator is easier than Arsonist on CV. i never get arsonist... always KS-ed or no fire. 5 bomb hit and no fire? well.... but from what i think DD at least can survive againts bombing, instead of getting insta deleted in 3 min. 

beside AADF, CV MM should only allow 1 CV on each team. 2 CV in each team are TOO MANY to handle..... rip surface ship

Super Tester
7,768 posts
8,043 battles

No comment from me on CV gameplay though. I don't like or play CVs. I think WGs idea of double CV at low tier was mostly because they are supposedly weaker and much more available.

If you ask me, I think CVs should start from tier 6...

[BRU]
279 posts
2,112 battles

Try it on a USN CV.

Lol spreading torps.

*first couple of games in pre-buff, 2-squadron Langley flashback montage*
Edited by EJL

[LBAS]
4,593 posts
26,030 battles

So, one of the reasons for removing manual drop was to prevent seal clubbing? Auto drop is OP. You just group your bombers with a little bit of gap between them and you create a perfect wall of torpedoes.

OP Hosho, best T4 CV :trollface:

Super Tester
7,768 posts
8,043 battles

Just make sure that there is a condition

"Player must have a great skill"

Oh man, previously you had to think about approach angle, drop distance etc, now the game does these for you. It's even easier now. All you need to do is stay away from Langley's fighters.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,952 battles

Oh man, previously you had to think about approach angle, drop distance etc, now the game does these for you. It's even easier now. All you need to do is stay away from Langley's fighters.

Well for me, I met a 201 enemy bogue

who made me so frustrated.....

While our t5 carrier is stock bogue or zuiho.....

1,391 posts
9,107 battles

why tier 6? i though the reason CV is on tier 4 is to make new CV player adapt the gameplay with weak AA

Personally I feel that the weak AA is part of the seal-clubbing problem. Because AA is weak, the only real way of shooting down planes is another CV. And if the enemies CVs are unicum...

461 posts
8,546 battles

Manual drop can be quite workable if you know that you can manually set the angle at which the auto drop happens. You can even do a rudimentary cross drop.

It is significantly easier to dodge because of the difference in the torpedo spread though.

I'm not sure about removing the manual drop from TB and DB being a good thing, but removing strafe has at least prevented (or reduced) a seal clubber CV from destroying all the newbies planes so easily. Although Bogue still does this with the disadvantage of having little strike capability.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

No comment from me on CV gameplay though. I don't like or play CVs. I think WGs idea of double CV at low tier was mostly because they are supposedly weaker and much more available.

If you ask me, I think CVs should start from tier 6...

Agreed, CV's should start at tier 6 where there is suitable AA or CV's upto tier 6 should have only bombs and more fighters.

Sign in to follow this