You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

[Rage] Kaga is going to be useless..... we need more balance!

56 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

First, SAIPAN ARE OP

Second, SAIPAN HAVE TIER 9 PLANE, make AA ship in tier 6~8 useless

Third, SAIPAN GOT A LOT OF BUFF... AMMO+50%, and NOW can escape dogfight FREELY

last but not LEAST, INSANE TB, INSANE FIGHTER....

OBVIOUSLY OP!!! :trollface:

Source : http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/76938-kaga-tier-7-japanese-premium-cv/

now what Kaga have

1. USELESS TIER 6 PLANE >> NYAM NYAM for AA, especially againts tier 9 :nerv_fish:

2. USELESS LOADOUT  

a) AS : 3/5/0 >> Stupid 2 TB on each Squadron, GET REKT IN SECOND, weak fighter but many, harder to control

b) Strike : 0/2/4 >> NO FIGHTER? IS THIS USN CV???

:izmena:

3. Secondary

a) 200mm (10x1) : AP, Reload : 15 sec, Damage : 4500   

b) 127mm (8x2)   : HE, Reload :  sec, Damage : 2100, burn chance 8%

BUT WHY ITS RANGE IS ONLY 4,5KM??? there is no stupid cruiser try to ram Kaga!

and DD? 200mm AP is going to overpen :V

Kaga wont compete againts Saipan, so this is my IDEA :smart_fish:

1. Kaga 200mm secondary AP should HAVE 10KM RANGE!! with commander skill it can be 12KM and more with  upgrade! 14KM!!

2. Kaga 127mm secondary HE should have 6KM! GET REKT DD!!!

3. KAGA Fighter plane should HAVE tier 8 SPEED, but tier 6 HP.... for TB and DB is T7

4. for Loadout 

AS : 5/3/0 > 3 plane on each squadron, Sky Ruler!!!

Strike : 1/1/5 > 2 plane on DB, 5 fighter, 9 TB!!! Kamikaze!

5. rudder shift 10 Sec, for maximum YOLO

6. can equip 8 flag!

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,500 battles

Hiryu also have paper tier 6 torpedo planes mind you. Kaga biggest problem is in its poor load out choice that imitates Amurica all or nothing load out. Kaga will be for experts who can setup perfect attack runs while evading Fts

1,105 posts

i think they should at least make Kaga secondary AP to 9~10KM range.... A REAL BATTLECARIER!

if they dont want to revamp the plane that is fine, also reduce the ruddershift time, so when all my plane got rekt. i can become hevy cruiser :V

hmm... why not shelf kaga and put shinano at T7 with god armour, good planes but only 47 of them?

10Km secondary please

I AM NOT SURE DOES KAGA LIMIT MM OR NOT PLS DO NOT DECIDE BEFORE ST WILL TEST THIS CV

what limit MM? but agree, Kaga should have -1/+1 MM

Hiryu also have paper tier 6 torpedo planes mind you. Kaga biggest problem is in its poor load out choice that imitates Amurica all or nothing load out. Kaga will be for experts who can setup perfect attack runs while evading Fts

did you mean tier 5 TB?

anyway, 10km secondary MUST NEEDED!

Video Contributor
2,268 posts
10,789 battles

what limit MM? but agree, Kaga should have -1/+1 MM

same WOT logic

if that warship cannot fight that warship higher than 2 tiers they will limit only -2/+1 or -1/+1

same WOT IS-6 limit MM only -2/+1 (yes that gun too stupid 175/217 penetration)

294 posts
2,997 battles

They need to stop selling Saipan. It is becoming way too OP as balance doesn't really applies to it because premium. I always hated WOT's gold ammo but WOW is starting to feel P2W with their OP premiums.

1,105 posts

wow, what a troll thread

too late for April Fool OP.

it wasn troll, i am serious Kaga is so weak. in CV speed is everything and WG going to make Kaga have only tier 6. also saipan have huge buff by escaping from dogfight without losing plane. 200mm but only 4.5km secondary is not good.

but people will still buying it lol, because she is KAGA

163 posts
7,907 battles

Seems to be an experiment in swarm tactics, quantity vs quality, i.e. exact opposite of Saipan.

Gamers who come from an RTS background shouldn't have an issue with units, even old school Starcraft had you trying to control around 100 units and that is pretty typical of PC RTS games over the last few decades.  Controlling less than 40 units in a game is more like a squad level RTS like Company of Heroes.

So if going down this path;  what would be more interesting is if they allowed CV players to replenish their own squads, i.e. join 2 damaged squads to make a whole one, or split squads into smaller units; with the advantages and draws backs of both operations.  That has been around a long time in RTS mechanics.

[BRU]
279 posts
2,081 battles

"This Premium ship requires more micromanagement skill than Saipan, don’t buy it if you haven’t played Taiho or Hakuryu before."

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I have no problems with Kaga's T6 planes and its loadout because 3-5-0 or 0-2-4, you can still strike enemies with it even sniping Saipan or other T6/7T CV's,  and requires pure micro skills which if you have problems with its initial stats, this CV's not meant for you and I encourage that you'll buy Saipan.

1,105 posts

I have no problems with Kaga's T6 planes and its loadout because 3-5-0 or 0-2-4, you can still strike enemies with it even sniping Saipan or other T6/7T CV's,  and requires pure micro skills which if you have problems with its initial stats, this CV's not meant for you and I encourage that you'll buy Saipan.

well, it wont be OP though..... but AP secondary should have 10 km range!

Saipan and Ranger dont have secondary, Hiryu is TOOOO WEAAK for YOLO

they said Kaga will be Battlecarier, SO BRING IT ON! also add 3 AADF (1 min duration) Consummable to make "Strike" Kaga look more awesome

and ruddershift time should be 10 sec, for MAXIMUM YOLO!

[BRU]
279 posts
2,081 battles

I only know one thing for sure. I'm gonna get the Kaga. ;)

Better be as ready as Exiled here:

As a Taiho player I'm in :D

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

well, it wont be OP though..... but AP secondary should have 10 km range!

Saipan and Ranger dont have secondary, Hiryu is TOOOO WEAAK for YOLO

they said Kaga will be Battlecarier, SO BRING IT ON! also add 3 AADF (1 min duration) Consummable to make "Strike" Kaga look more awesome

and ruddershift time should be 10 sec, for MAXIMUM YOLO!

What are you smoking, because I want to have it.

Midway is a battle carrier, she should have 10km range secondaries and repair party and RADAR as well !

381 posts
9,958 battles

Why are you panicking about a ship that only got introduced one week ago and being no where near the official release? It will be at least 1-2 months more before CC can make a preview of it, and another 2 weeks till being on sale, which means there can be a lot of potential changes coming.

As for "weak", 2x5 TB means you can finish off any other t7 carrier in one wave as you can now hit them all amidships - which means no damage saturation penalty like a Hiryu/Saipan strike when you have to distribute some valuable torp hits on enemy bow/stern part. And if the rumors are true those torps are 48kn, enabling long distance drop which mitigates a lot of AA. Tier 6 and tier 7 IJN fighter have the same speed (only different dps/ammo but you got DFE skill for that) so fighting against Saipan shouldn't change much either.

1,357 posts
8,894 battles

I wouldn't mind Kaga getting a longer range for her 200mm secondaries. Just for the lulz if anything. Imagine a secondary specced Kaga raining shells from 10km away!

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,868 battles

I wouldn't mind Kaga getting a longer range for her 200mm secondaries. Just for the lulz if anything. Imagine a secondary specced Kaga raining shells from 10km away!

With emergency take off so you can still launch planes while you go brawling.

[LNA]
1,671 posts
10,500 battles

Why are you panicking about a ship that only got introduced one week ago and being no where near the official release? It will be at least 1-2 months more before CC can make a preview of it, and another 2 weeks till being on sale, which means there can be a lot of potential changes coming.

As for "weak", 2x5 TB means you can finish off any other t7 carrier in one wave as you can now hit them all amidships - which means no damage saturation penalty like a Hiryu/Saipan strike when you have to distribute some valuable torp hits on enemy bow/stern part. And if the rumors are true those torps are 48kn, enabling long distance drop which mitigates a lot of AA. Tier 6 and tier 7 IJN fighter have the same speed (only different dps/ammo but you got DFE skill for that) so fighting against Saipan shouldn't change much either.

The micro is the name of the game here , whether you get consecutive attacks off on a ship off depend largely on if the enemy FTs are pouncing on you or not. Kaga greatest challenge will be depleting her squads at exactly the time the battle end and not before it. Great torp speed is great for sure , but that will make her largely prey on low AA ship and completely unable to kill off the tier 7 , 8 AA behemoth ( the German Sisters , US ships , ...) and those are quite popular ship to be exact.

Kaga is a very skilled based ship to me , having very high skill floor unlike the potato Saipan. IT IS NOT A SHIP FOR EVERYONE , so lets stop at that , no more argument okay

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

One thing's for sure in my mind, I'll try my best to obtain her because I'm a CV advocate and microing is the best thing to do in addition to owning both Taiho and Essex.

1,105 posts

For God's sake, the ship hasn't even hit livetesting yet and people are already calling it UP and needing buffs.

Do you want OP premiums? Because this his how you get OP premiums.

Saipan are OP, and Kaga should be its counter. 

it fine if they want to balance the plane, since Kaga have 85 planes. but SECONDARY, must be 10km and rudder shift time 10sec. + 3x1 min AADF for anti sniping when YOLOing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_cm/50_3rd_Year_Type_naval_gun

200mm gun is also used by Aoba and Furutaka :V

Muzzle velocity 835 m/s (2740 ft/sec)[2]
Maximum firing range 29 kilometres (18 mi)[2]

i dont think 10km secondary for Kaga are OP :V 

CA or BB can still destroy Kaga when showing broadside. and those secondary will be rarely used since CV always stay away from battlefield.

How to play Kaga :

Edited by Skarhabek