You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Yularen

Suicide. Good or not?

30 comments in this topic

[BMRSF]
373 posts
2,516 battles

so few days ago i see a person use Bogue that suicide himself and also from Eurobeat video ( mostly CV, because it looks like that this is the only ships type that capable doing such thing ), for me this is not a good move because based on some Puka Puka Fleet comics

8IOos5R.jpg

PSqM6UK.jpg

and from my experience, sometimes when it looks like that we gonna lose, in the end it turned out that our teams achieve victory and the opposite, the one that looks like gonna win in the end that team lose the match. and even if you lose at least you can receive more credits and experience from receiving damage and do some damage with secondary. what do you guys think about suicide move? is it good or not?

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

Suicide is the worst move, economic wise and gameplay wise. You deny your team a ship and both yourself and enemy credit/exp.

If you really want to suicide your ship, at least try to turn it into 'murder-suicide' by either:

- yolo rush into knife-fight range

- ramming into the enemy

- some awkward drops that damages both your ships and the enemy ships

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Game rule part 5

5. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

The following actions (and similar such actions) are prohibited in game:

5.01. Intentionally damaging ships belonging to a player on the same team (team damage).

5.02. Intentionally destroying ships belonging to a player on the same team (team kill).

5.03. Intentionally blocking (blocking from front and rear) ships belonging to a player on the same team.

5.04. Intentionally propping (blocking on one side, where the other side of a user's ships touches a fixed indestructible obstacle, preventing free movement.) ships belonging to a player on the same team.

5.05. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle, or voice chat, the location of ships belonging to players of the same team.

5.06. Intentionally exploiting the physics system to damage an allied ship. This includes, but is not limited to, pushing an allied ship into line of fire, pushing allied ships into islands etc.

5.07. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods that enables gameplay without the participation or with passive participation of the player within the battle.

5.08. Repetitive and excessive passive play

I guess suicide is sort of passive gameplay? IDK if it's against 5.08

But anyway, try your best, do all what you can and try to win. Miracles can happen.

Edited by _Halcyon

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

oh by suicide i mean CV torp himself not ramming and others like that sorry if there is missundertanding

I know it's torping yourself, I copied the entire part of gameplay rules. I guess it maybe against rule 5.08

5. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles

5.08. Repetitive and excessive passive play

2,217 posts
13,678 battles

It wasn't one of their organized matches was it? Sometimes those guys do that (1 cv each side does it) so they can then watch & commentate on the game.

Edited by keskparane

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

It wasn't one of their organized matches was it? Sometimes those guys do that (1 cv each side does it) so they can then watch & commentate on the game.

Only in training room battles. Random is the other story though. I doubt tk-ing in training room would turn you pink either.

2,217 posts
13,678 battles

You turn pink by torping yourself, right? So this is a punishable offense against your team.

No, you don't. I tested this in co-op on PTS just a few days ago (after making sure we were going to win)

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

i've urged my div mates to do it for the lols when it's 100% victory(to extend the damn match so i can get my last kill), but they never do:(

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

i've urged my div mates to do it for the lols when it's 100% victory(to extend the damn match so i can get my last kill), but they never do:(

Instead, we steal yo last kill :D

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

Why suicide ? Dont think of it unless it is the last ditch effort you can pull to get 1 ship to go down with you. 
Fighting thinking of suicide is the same as fighting thinking you will lose , it is not a good mentality to have.

Why not prioritizing doing as much annoying and damaging as you can to the enemy b4 going down.

I have had games where 1 ship along string an entire enemy team for like 7 min b4 going down and make them pay for what was an ez victory. Totally worth it i would say when i see the salty chat line :trollface::trollface:

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Few days ago we had an weird match (which is also featured in Eurobeat's latest video). Our CV (lexi) went Yolo to B cap and died before his airgroups even did something. Seeing this, enemy SKK torped himself after getting shot by 2 of our ships. 

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

Why suicide ? Dont think of it unless it is the last ditch effort you can pull to get 1 ship to go down with you. 

Fighting thinking of suicide is the same as fighting thinking you will lose , it is not a good mentality to have.

Why not prioritizing doing as much annoying and damaging as you can to the enemy b4 going down.

I have had games where 1 ship along string an entire enemy team for like 7 min b4 going down and make them pay for what was an ez victory. Totally worth it i would say when i see the salty chat line :trollface::trollface:

If it's not against game rules about no passive gameplay, suicide can be the last resort of pissing people off when you are about to die/lose. Especially annoying when a guy can get you as his final kill for Kraken and u torped yourself. Kraken denied!

1,105 posts

when i am pissed off, I AM GOING TOO SUICIDE LIKE A BOSS....

scutling your own ship will decrease enemy credit and XP gain :V

btw, rather than doing that, RAAAAAM is BETTER!

getting shot by enemy shell or dodge it will give you MOAR CREDIT :v but less XP

tested in shokaku

1,333 posts
8,823 battles

I really don't understand why some CVs suicide by dropping on themselves. It is so pointless. Not only are you denying the enemy team XP/credits, you are also denying yourself any XP/credits you would have made should you have stayed and fought until the bitter end.

If you really, really want to suicide, then do so by running into the enemy. The enemy gets their fair share of XP/credits while you at least get some XP/credits by tanking damage.

I suspect the reason people CV's suicide by torping themselves is they simply don't know how the economy works in this game.

250 posts
13,148 battles

Suicidal action won't make any good for the team and no excuses at all.

yes, there are many times I wanna commit a "Sudoku" because how bad team were.

but it won't make any good, instead you can comeback if you stay alive

so yeah, suicidal action is bad and probably worst idea you could ever come up

unless you yolo and bring down 3 or 4 ships with you

350 posts

Suicidal action won't make any good for the team and no excuses at all.

yes, there are many times I wanna commit a "Sudoku" because how bad team were.

but it won't make any good, instead you can comeback if you stay alive

so yeah, suicidal action is bad and probably worst idea you could ever come up

unless you yolo and bring down 3 or 4 ships with you

It's Seppuku actually. And if I wanted to do that, all I have to do is have my CV charge full ahead to the enemy ships and voila, self sinking. Then again, I did do that once with a Buddy.