You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
diediealldie

WG, STOP making game less funny any more

60 comments in this topic

6 posts
4,640 battles

After WG added RN cruisers, every patch they are doing is getting more and more BS. RN ships' paper specs were meh, so WG decided to give some "special skils" to RN ships. Yeah smokes and high elevation angles. This changed high tier battles a lot(It was BS, and it became more BS). Some white particles comes forever from smokes and behind rocks.

Then WG announced "There are too many BBs", which is true. But that doesn't actually incidate that BBs are overpowered. People just love BBs(Few people starts this game because they love destroyer).

Result? After game is started, people goes west and east. Then everyone sees 4~5 smokes per side, watching invisi fires coming. What you can do is hiding behind rocks, unless you have platoon with radar support. After hard grind to T10, what you find is smoke festival and rock-fetished ships instead of heavy ships exchanging salvo. Lucky ships(Team has radar, or well-positioned fighter planes) deal damage for free, Unlucky ones hide behind something.

I'm not telling "Buff BB(or CA, DD?)". Just make game mechanics more fun. Meet the expectation of users who started this game. I've seen some people started this game because they want to see Iowa. But what they see after getting Iowa are 'getting burned by invisi-fires' and 'hide behind rocks till enemy smoke is gone(but new one starts immediately because there are 2~3 DDs + smoke CAs per battlefield)

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

After WG added RN cruisers, every patch they are doing is getting more and more BS. RN ships' paper specs were meh, so WG decided to give some "special skils" to RN ships. Yeah smokes and high elevation angles. This changed high tier battles a lot(It was BS, and it became more BS). Some white particles comes forever from smokes and behind rocks.

Then WG announced "There are too many BBs", which is true. But that doesn't actually incidate that BBs are overpowered. People just love BBs(Few people starts this game because they love destroyer).

Result? After game is started, people goes west and east. Then everyone sees 4~5 smokes per side, watching invisi fires coming. What you can do is hiding behind rocks, unless you have platoon with radar support. After hard grind to T10, what you find is smoke festival and rock-fetished ships instead of heavy ships exchanging salvo. Lucky ships(Team has radar, or well-positioned fighter planes) deal damage for free, Unlucky ones hide behind something.

I'm not telling "Buff BB(or CA, DD?)". Just make game mechanics more fun. Meet the expectation of users who started this game. I've seen some people started this game because they want to see Iowa. But what they see after getting Iowa are 'getting burned by invisi-fires' and 'hide behind rocks till enemy smoke is gone(but new one starts immediately because there are 2~3 DDs + smoke CAs per battlefield)

The counter are called radar cruisers. If not available, bow on rush the smoke.

Also as a side note: The game was never meant to be funny :P

Edited by karrablaster123

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Implying smoke meta did not exist before RNCLs.
RNCLs are great ships at area denial, but only few skilled players play them.  Also you can counter them easily with radar and blind fire.  In fact it is VERY easy to damage Neptunes and Minotaurs with blind fire when they smoke up in open water, if they do not maneuvre.

I am not saying that this game is still "fun", but you have to learn to play to the meta instead of complain to WG about how they plan to evolve their game.  Plus they already removed open water stealth fire (which benefits BBs once again), so I have no idea how such changes would make the game "less fun"

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

Implying smoke meta did not exist before RNCLs.

RNCLs are great ships at area denial, but only few skilled players play them.  Also you can counter them easily with radar and blind fire.  In fact it is VERY easy to damage Neptunes and Minotaurs with blind fire when they smoke up in open water, if they do not maneuvre.

^^^^

RNCL smokes are small so blind firing is easy.

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

RNCLs...... Yeah they ain't helping with the smoke meta either, but that's not the issue. The issue is that War Gaming is taking the game in the wrong direction, they want the game to be more noobfriendly and passive

You can still play actively with USNDD/Radar ship/CV divisions.  But yeah I agree that WG is making this game more noob friendly.

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

RNCLs...... Yeah they ain't helping with the smoke meta either, but that's not the issue. The issue is that War Gaming is taking the game in the wrong direction, they want the game to be more noobfriendly and passive

While the statement that wargaming is "taking the game in the wrong direction" is debatable, I disagree with your second statement(noobfriendly and passive). Could you give any evidence to back that up?
Edited by karrablaster123

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

While the statement that wargaming is "taking the game in the wrong direction" is debatable, I disagree with your second statement(noobfriendly and passive). Could you give any evidence to back that up?

They simplified the spotting mechanics when firing guns in 0.6.3, they introduced many noob-friendly premium ships recently (Since the Scharnhorst, we got Belfast and now Alabama).  Likewise, the captain skills changes such as RDF.   I don't think the game is more passive, but it is definitely more noob friendly.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

Even if you claim that the large BB player population isn't because BBs are the easiest ships to play, with an extremely low skill floor and moderately low skill ceiling (BBs are rarely punished for making small mistakes compared to the other classes), the mere fact that there are more BB players significantly affects game balance within these matches. Even if this game were still rock-paper-scissors (to which it no longer isn't, because rocks can now effectively smash paper), the existence of more rocks and fewer papers and scissors in a particular match means that there is no longer any equilibrium that allows paper and scissor players to properly fulfill their intended role. Just because a ship class is popular doesn't mean that they are allowed free reign over the battlefield without any predators to prey on them, that's absolutely preposterous.

BB, CA and DD players are supposed to have a role to play in these ships, as part of a team. CA players cannot fulfill their role if BB players don't properly do theirs, and the latest patches which discourage DD players from fulfilling their roles should theoretically have emboldened BBs to move forward, but this has yet to actually be seen.

Edited by benlisquare

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,851 battles

all those smokers should Die, Die, they all need to Die!!!

They will, they will. It will take some time for those smokers to feel what smoking does to their lungs. :trollface:

Like the real life, smoking leads to cancer, but I digress. My Battleships loves secondary smoking.

They thought only RN cruiser sit inside a smoke cloud until they got deleted by 12x 406mm of freedoms or 9x 460mm of glorious nippon breast pad.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Even if you claim that the large BB player population isn't because BBs are the easiest ships to play, with an extremely low skill floor and moderately low skill ceiling (BBs are rarely punished for making small mistakes compared to the other classes), the mere fact that there are more BB players significantly affects game balance within these matches. Even if this game were still rock-paper-scissors (to which it no longer isn't, because rocks can now effectively smash paper), the existence of more rocks and fewer papers and scissors in a particular match means that there is no longer any equilibrium that allows paper and scissor players to properly fulfill their intended role. Just because a ship class is popular doesn't mean that they are allowed free reign over the battlefield without any predators to prey on them, that's absolutely preposterous.

BB, CA and DD players are supposed to have a role to play in these ships, as part of a team. CA players cannot fulfill their role if BB players don't properly do theirs, and the latest patches which discourage DD players from fulfilling their roles should theoretically have emboldened BBs to move forward, but this has yet to actually be seen.

Did you copy this from LunaticRed? Cause it sounds like that.

BBs are not the lowest skill floor, that goes to HE spamming max range cruisers. Because setting fire requires no skill with faster RoF and broken accuracy of cruisers. If you want to shine with a BB, you actually need to have a lot of brain and use that 25 seconds between reloads to think a lot.

However, for the second part, totally agree, role play is vital for the team to win. Many players play BB cause they love the ship, but they barely have any idea on what they are doing (that includes myself often). I do not think the latest patch discourage DD players from fulfilling their duty unless you think their duty is to spam HE at 12 km and doing nothing practical. May be it could be better but it is what it is, and knowing WG, they will just throw stuff at your face and you just need to find out a workaround. 

To OP, smoke meta is not a problem, probably you need to stick more with the team and help them. Your team have the capability to flush out smoke campers, but they may need you to deal the killing blow.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

BBs are not the lowest skill floor, that goes to HE spamming max range cruisers. Because setting fire requires no skill with faster RoF and broken accuracy of cruisers.

A HE spamming max range cruiser makes one (1) mistake, and he has 80% of his HP deleted.

A BB makes a mistake or two, and he loses 30% of his HP. He then presses the T button and gets 18% of that HP back.

When survivability time is positively correlated with the amount of damage that you do, in addition to your ability to contribute towards a victory for your team, a BB surviving for longer is much more useful in the long run.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

They simplified the spotting mechanics when firing guns in 0.6.3, they introduced many noob-friendly premium ships recently (Since the Scharnhorst, we got Belfast and now Alabama).  Likewise, the captain skills changes such as RDF.   I don't think the game is more passive, but it is definitely more noob friendly.

Also, smoke screen timer shouldn't be in the game. I don't like it because if you've mastered your ship, you should know exactly when to haul ass. It's a nice quality of life improvement but I don't feel like it's necessary and I doubt that it will assists players to improve

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

A HE spamming max range cruiser makes one (1) mistake, and he has 80% of his HP deleted.

A BB makes a mistake or two, and he loses 30% of his HP. He then presses the T button and gets 18% of that HP back.

When survivability time is positively correlated with the amount of damage that you do, in addition to your ability to contribute towards a victory for your team, a BB surviving for longer is much more useful in the long run.

"A BB makes a mistake or two, and he loses 30% of his HP. He then presses the T button and gets 18% of that HP back."

Even lower for German BB as I believe that they design German BB to be noob friendly

CA wise... I think that ships like IJN CA  doesn't always lose about 80% their of HP because of their citadel location. 

But for ships of other nation you are right

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Did you copy this from LunaticRed? Cause it sounds like that.

BBs are not the lowest skill floor, that goes to HE spamming max range cruisers. Because setting fire requires no skill with faster RoF and broken accuracy of cruisers. If you want to shine with a BB, you actually need to have a lot of brain and use that 25 seconds between reloads to think a lot.

However, for the second part, totally agree, role play is vital for the team to win. Many players play BB cause they love the ship, but they barely have any idea on what they are doing (that includes myself often). I do not think the latest patch discourage DD players from fulfilling their duty unless you think their duty is to spam HE at 12 km and doing nothing practical. May be it could be better but it is what it is, and knowing WG, they will just throw stuff at your face and you just need to find out a workaround. 

To OP, smoke meta is not a problem, probably you need to stick more with the team and help them. Your team have the capability to flush out smoke campers, but they may need you to deal the killing blow.

Maybe you can use the 25 seconds in-between your reload to think about this question: would you entrust your chef to repair your car?

You would think that a person with a low experience in one thing would have no clue what they're talking about. You suggest that Cruisers have the lowest skill floor. First, let me define skill floor for you. Skill Floor is the lowest needed skill in order to play sufficiently. Are argue that HE spamming max range cruisers require low skill floor but what about BBs? They require more skill to spam AP at max range? They require skill to know when to change to HE? They require skill to know that shooting will reveal themselves and one small mistake will more often than not, render them useless for the rest for the game? They require skill to repair 100% of flooding and fire damage? They require skill to bow on and be near impervious to damage? The require skill to position themselves so they're not spotted by enemy DDs, able to be shot at by BBs at various angles or to avoid CVs if they decided to want to counter DDs more with their high tier size and maneuverability?

Maybe spend 10 seconds out of the 25 seconds of your reload to think about these questions before making your assumption.

Or perhaps with the removal of Stealth fire and nerfs to torpedoes, rendering DD's ability to effectively "counter" the class they're meant to counter, they will now nerf fires so that the class you're meant to counter can't hurt you.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Maybe you can use the 25 seconds in-between your reload to think about this question: would you entrust your chef to repair your car?

You would think that a person with a low experience in one thing would have no clue what they're talking about. You suggest that Cruisers have the lowest skill floor. First, let me define skill floor for you. Skill Floor is the lowest needed skill in order to play sufficiently. Are argue that HE spamming max range cruisers require low skill floor but what about BBs? They require more skill to spam AP at max range? They require skill to know when to change to HE? They require skill to know that shooting will reveal themselves and one small mistake will more often than not, render them useless for the rest for the game? They require skill to repair 100% of flooding and fire damage? They require skill to bow on and be near impervious to damage? The require skill to position themselves so they're not spotted by enemy DDs, able to be shot at by BBs at various angles or to avoid CVs if they decided to want to counter DDs more with their high tier size and maneuverability?

Maybe spend 10 seconds out of the 25 seconds of your reload to think about these questions before making your assumption.

Or perhaps with the removal of Stealth fire and nerfs to torpedoes, rendering DD's ability to effectively "counter" the class they're meant to counter, they will now nerf fires so that the class you're meant to counter can't hurt you.

BBs don't spam. I don't know how can someone call 25/30 second reload shelling as spam. May be you need to learn the meaning of spamming first. And you need to stop calling "Showing broadside in a cruiser" as a small mistake. Its a huge mistake and people deserve to get punished. About DDs countering BBs, as I mostly play US DD, I don't think countering a BB on my own is my job, unless he sail straight to my torps. So, BBs require skill to select position, they can't magically run around like cruisers. Since you can only shoot so many times in one game, you need to have skills to hit enemy and make your salvo's count. And of course people need skill and thinking a bit ahead to switch to AP/HE in a BB. not magical 7 second reload like a cruiser. And since you don't play BB, I doubt you will realize how frustrating it is to get HE spammed to death in a minute. Did that, received that. Burnt down full HP yamato with a Tashkent in 2 minutes. Because the player in yamato did not know where to go, and could not turn away between the realod time of friendly BB which is a piece of cake for most cruisers apart from vmf ones.

525 posts
7,946 battles

>Seeing these post how BBs supposedly the easiest Class.
>proceed to see my stats
>see that my WR in CAs and DDs are way higher
>cri

Man, how do you BB? :(

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

>Seeing these post how BBs supposedly the easiest Class.

>proceed to see my stats

>see that my WR in CAs and DDs are way higher

>cri

Man, how do you BB? :(

You free exp your BBs and post everywhere that BBs are OP. Best way to play BB.
Edited by icy_phoenix

525 posts
7,946 battles

"BBs dont get punished when being out of position?"

this is a joke right?

In my experience, it's easier to disengage in a CA and DD compared to BB.

in CA and DD you just need to stop shooting and turn, that's why i run stealth build on my NC.

[MEGA]
4,562 posts
17,552 battles

anyways we are getting a little bit off topic, i do agree that the amount of smokes i see per game have increased substantially , but in only about 30% of the people i see smoking does it right, most people(like myself) smoke in awkward positions and gets deleted pretty fast due to torps/blindfire/smoke running out and have no retreat. so some isnt that much of a game changer, if you see a RNCL spamming in smoke then just invifire and blast him or change targets till he has to come out of smoke

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles

Push or camp ? the forever question for every single players on this server.

The question is how ? when ? with what in hand

Knowing is the difference between a potato and a unicum.

If you dont find the long range snipe meta of high tiers to be fun then drop down to tier 7 -5, these are the brawling tiers with ships that are very strong up close and many are willing to actually charge in.

If your team dont want to charge why bother charge? Go with the flow and have some fun , why go against it to be left out ?