You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
InterconKW

High Tiers

19 comments in this topic

341 posts
4,007 battles

So I have Mogami now, and I enjoy the ship and the 155s (surprisingly). I have no problems turning profits and stuff. But what's bugging me right now on the weekend is the quality of play (or lack thereof) at higher tiers.

Firstly, there seems to be a lot of long range camping, which is really no fun with Japanese cruiser range. I can't get into effective range without being the closest to the enemy, being detected and most likely deleted by 6 higher tier ships. Even the DDs are sitting at range.

And then, there seems to be a permanent anti-lower-tier meta. The moment I'm detected, despite not even being the closest detected, most broadside or most oblivious target, I have 2 or more players focusing me constantly. I just had a game where two Montanas and a Fletcher rode on for 8 minutes spotting and constantly firing at me, missing 90% of their shots. I survived the game (with nearly 2mil potential damage) but it was painfully frustrating- No risky play could be made, and damage was pitiful.

Intelligent plays are few and far between. You see a lot of situations where your tier X DD runs far from the team, pushes into two detected radar cruisers and dies. You see BBs at full HP trying to snipe, more so than at midtier.

Lastly, on the weekends, I keep seeing divisions with at least one unicum utterly wrecking, and making battles one sided very often. It's not really enjoyable.

Is there any way that the grind up the higher tiers can be made tolerable? Would other forumers willingly division to carry or grind with me? Is there a playstyle I should adopt?

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Welcome to high tiers. After playing long u ll adapt it. 

For the unicum division, not sure. Its wn8 farming for them. And yes, its preferable for u to be in a division rather than alone. 

For now, get a premium account to avoid you from losing money.. or you can play so well and earn profits with standard account.. 

High tiers are full with HE spammers sitting at long range. BB camping at edge of map. AFK. Triple ultra torpedobeat from IJN CVs and strike lexington that wont help you cap. 

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,573 battles

there is nothing you can do, T10 have the range they will sit back and you in mogami tough luck doing anything..also you in a mogami easy meat for any bb

that is why mogami and NO sit at the bottom in stats, something should be done to make playing these ships more comfortable not being useless in a T10 match

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

I won't lie, when we see a Mogami in the enemy team while driving Iowa / Montana etc, we consider that as free food. Mogami and Ibuki in most cases cannot troll like Zao, they get deleted.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

I won't lie, when we see a Mogami in the enemy team while driving Iowa / Montana etc, we consider that as free food. Mogami and Ibuki in most cases cannot troll like Zao, they get deleted.

I can just shoot you and disappear with my Mogami though

341 posts
4,007 battles

I can just shoot you and disappear with my Mogami though

1- So I can infer that the 4-6 T9/10 ships constantly firing at me for 1/3 the game when I'm not even the best target have the same hopes? XD

2- Yeah. Already doing that if I can... It's boring. :(

Honestly I'd love to sail in division and learn with good players at high tiers, but you know... I'm kind of a potato at times.

341 posts
4,007 battles

Awwwww yissssss another Mogami to farm damage on :trollface:

Yes. Quality Mo-gummies. Nice and squishy, now in potato flavor. Just make them stop squirming around before consumption. High RNG content, so moderate your eating.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

1- So I can infer that the 4-6 T9/10 ships constantly firing at me for 1/3 the game when I'm not even the best target have the same hopes? XD

2- Yeah. Already doing that if I can... It's boring. :(

Honestly I'd love to sail in division and learn with good players at high tiers, but you know... I'm kind of a potato at times.

Well most of the time i will target DDs and Cruisers first and avoid combat with BB (as always) unless i have no other choices but since i'm always in a division with my friend, i can rely on him to cover me. it's not that boring, especially when you got random cit'd by a BB and ended up in red or near red. My Mogami won't lose to any Cruisers that don't have smoke.

You need to learn when to reveal yourself and when to disappear. And that is how you avoid being focused fire by enemies.

Ps: i used to take the top exp earner in a tier X match with my Mogami.

Edited by Shiroyasha_Gintoki

109 posts
5,101 battles

You want aggressive play? Go NA or RU. Plenty of straight-line potatoes to shoot at. Otherwise, form division with unicums. You either fish or be fished. 

Edited by RepublicTrooper

496 posts
4,165 battles

????? scared of short range combat wut???? obviously getting rekted by enemy BB that are far back right ?

depends on map, there are spots that are suitable for Mogami/atago ( in my case) to push forward assist my team's destroyers then flank / kite enemy BBs

mogami isn't bad ship especially her turret placement except.... you cant kite effectively compare to myoko/atago 's gun placement

being a mogami doesn't mean instant death.

try getting some concealment mod or something and place abit smarter like not firing everytime you see an enemy.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

No you can't. 20 seconds are pretty long time.

If i manage to avoid your shots then it's nothing for me. i burned down lots of BB with my 155mm Mogami, even one time i go CQC with a 3/4 HP Iowa and came out victory after that because of intense shellbeat (and RNG blessing all Iowa's shell overpen me) :teethhappy:

Super Tester
458 posts
7,194 battles

Solo play is always sanity draining, especially if you try to carry your team alone (more so on weekends).  Just div up with other players for T8+.

The Zao is worth it tho.

341 posts
4,007 battles

Is anyone here on this forum willing to division T8-9 if we happen to be online together? I seem to get a lot of advice for divisioning but I don't have any external friends at these levels.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles
Welcome to the Pragmatic server! Throw variety and dynamic gameplay out of the window and chew on ))))

341 posts
4,007 battles

Hi Intercon. Always happy to div. Do you use discord?

Ensign

No, I don't have one yet, but I can get an account if needed. What's the forum's server?

Edit- Just set mine up.

Edited by InterconKW