You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Safiuddin97

Smokes

6 comments in this topic

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

I have an idea to increase more XP and Credits for DD players. This also can promotes teamplay. 

Why dont we award players that smoke for their team? I always had to risk and boost my ship to Max speed to save a BB that were overshoot or did a mistake. Probably you can use the targeting counter to count how many enemies were targeting the ship and how long a friendly ship is in a smoke? Just make a tiny small bits of addition credits or xp is nice tho. 

When starting of a game, i always smoke a straight line towards a cap point for Friendly Cruiser to kemp sit inside the smoke. I spot for the cruisers (if some DD wants to contest) to shot at while i get Spotting exp but it would be nice if a nice addition of credits for smoking allies

Since i rely on useless torps that were spotted a  "mile" away and usually it spread so big even a GK can dodge it. It would be nice if DDs gets any economy support

Feel free for someone to disagree, i love to hear discussion tho. Scrap it if the suggestion is biased or unbalanced 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,826 posts
4,103 battles

I'm all for anything that promotes some kind of teamwork. Not sure how it would calculate which ship has protected another from smoke.

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

[LLBC]
747 posts
6,850 battles

I am totally behind this, and would like to make the economy take a few more to consideration:

Near-Misses and Non-Damaging shots: Just like the "potential damage received", this could fall into the "potential damage caused" category. Even if the shot misses, it could still disrupt the targeted ships's movement since the would most likely evade your shots. Economy wise, it can helps the "entire Shima wall missing a Kurfurst" situation, provide small rewards for "area denial" torping, and provide some consolation prize for "RNG giving the me finger entire game".

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Not only ijn dds. It utilize the full potential of usn smoke which have the best duration of smokes.

With some dds players becoming passive because of absurd max range detect (12km++ not taking AFT into count) and 20s bloom. Most of the smokes were use unwisely because they tend to do more damage by kemping in smoke and spamming light shells. This is due to they want dmg for credits and exp..

Its needed to help a bit

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Deduction if your teammates died in your smoke. Coz it's allied DD's fault for assisting the enemy team! Report 7 times!!!111

I'm 45-55 on this. I had other means of reaping the XP & credits in battle ;)

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

How come its the allied DD fault assisting the enemy team? Imagine you overshooted in any type of ships that is not DD. Having a DD smoking your mistake or you can save your life. 

Those mistakes can be seen a lot in battles such as BBs that went too front and started to reverse. In other news, the enemy is spamming all they can at this BB. Having a smoke will help tho. If u got radar-ed in smoke than its easy since most radar starts from 8.4km to 11.7km. i think its not problem to counter this.. if a BB cant effectively kill a CA within this range. I dont know what to say.. unless its USS black (7.4km). hue.. plus the DD can move out of the smoke to spot for the BBs.

By this mean, any Ships that are entering the smoke to kemp should know that smokes are deadly yet helpful. Cause torpedoes magnet... I dont see any problems with CA in smokes cause they know how to angle and prepare themselves from torps. Most of the time i ll spot the torps for them.. With smoke timer now, the coordination is much easier. 20secs and i already notified them to move out of the smoke or start evading. 

By any means, in such a balance map like Ocean. One who do this technique which smoke for team near the cap zone is the one who will succeed the most. Staying undetected in cap area is the best and gaining spot damage points. it would be good if have some extra cash.. if the multipier is broken then adjust it rather than giving broken economy. 

it would be nice to have a bit addition :D

Edited by Safiuddin97