Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Chapayev - you cannot carry

11 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

Let me make this clear - I'm quite new to the Chapayev, and its still stock. But I do not consider myself a bad player at all. I attack caps at the start, nail or seriously damage enemy DDs, then retreat to the 15-17km zone and firebomb enemy BBs and big cruisers. If I survive for long, and if there aren't many enemy ships around, I close in to the bases and switch to AP, then wipe out any enemy cruisers left. I don't have radar yet (stock hull) - but this, I think, is how the Chapayev should be played. 

But why, oh why - it's just so difficult to win in this ship!

oh-so-youre-so-youre-grinding-to-the-mos

Chapayev%20WTF_zps498z1sus.jpg

My win rate on the Chapayev was actually 11% before yesterday, when I got a few (well deserved) wins. 

Either I'm playing this ship wrong, or its horrifically cursed to be placed with potatoes every game. 

Any Chapayev tips would be nice. 

mj4lzq_zpsdckmabi4.png

(end of rant)

Edited by LordTyphoon

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

My discussion with a few friends ended in a conclusion, Chapayev is a ship trading WR for damage.

I'm not good at this ship so just take these as potato's conclusion after Chapayev grind. (Actually there's still 10k to go but I'd go free exp those)
If you go up, support cap and radar DD, you are very likely to get sunk quick. If you choose to farm damage, you are trusting your WR on your teammates which are not exactly renowned for being reliable.
It's an awkward ship. It has a decent radar for close up support but it's fragile like glass and turns like a buttershee-eeeeep(←Okhotnik joke, 7*guns, 12-34567). For damage farming, I see no reason why I don't go for Shchors.
Anyway, get radar quick, it and hull B's decent AA are the only reasons why it's a tier higher than Shchors. (There are also T8 standard features like 25mm bow/stern/deck, concealment module, but they are standard features, and it's not enough for getting uptiered)

Edited by _Halcyon

294 posts
2,997 battles

You are describing exactly what I am feeling while playing my Stock Budyony. 100 shells hits, measly 30 to 50k damage and the whole team starts drooling on their keyboard and loses the game by the 10th minute. In the end I am left alone, the final xp pinata from all sides.

520 posts
11,124 battles

That may be RNG messing with you.  Somtimes, there is just so much you can do given Team match ups.

Just keep playing your ship.  Your Stats with it will balance out.

I always expect this when i get a new boat.  Regardless of ship class

1,105 posts

LOL not only get rekt by RNG.....

1. ULTRA STRONG ENEMY UNICUM, make my team look like potato.... my team got deleted fast

2. ULTRA STRONG FRIENDLY UNICUM..... WIN SO FAST GET CREDIT MINUS

3. use manual aim for DB at stopped big ship.... MISSED OR only 1 hit 

4. got 3 hit DB..... NO FIRE 

5. NUKED SHIP..... NO KILL, ONLY 2K~5K HP remaining

6. never win in right click fighter contest.... despite being near friendly AA ship

8. STUPID BUG HAPPENED CANNT GIVE ORDER TO PLANE

Video Contributor
2,261 posts
10,782 battles

Chapayev is a support DD warship

1.need find where to cover and where is our DD going

2.use full concealment to stealth your ship

3.get radar hull B

4.low HP keep

5.100mm is op

980 posts
12,617 battles

Chapayev is a support DD warship

1.need find where to cover and where is our DD going

2.use full concealment to stealth your ship

3.get radar hull B

4.low HP keep

5.100mm is op

I already do all that :(

Except number 5, I dont know what that means. 

Video Contributor
2,261 posts
10,782 battles

I already do all that :(

Except number 5, I dont know what that means. 

Watch Arlios played Bismark or Tirpitz (I can't remember which ep did he say 100mm op)

Sign in to follow this