You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amade

Update 0.6.3 New CV Controls Feedback

23 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Did you find the new alternate CV controls to be more intuitive for you? Is tier IV/V battles against carriers more comfortable now? Have your sealclubbing days been curbed?

Also, please bear in mind WG isn't finished with the CV rework yet, there's more to come! Feel free to post your opinions about it this thread.

346 posts

It's nice to know that WG improved USN torp bombers auto aims but at tiers where most people do manual drops that buff is actually pretty pointless except for at tier 4/5 but at tier 6,7,8,9,10 the improved auto drop is only for last effort attack (e.g you know your going to die so you send your TBs to attack one final target)

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

RIP 110 Bogue memes.

Stuck with the old controls, but 201 Bogues will suck the fun out of any T4-T5 CV game due to their super fighters.

Pls do not farm clear sky 24/7

Beta Tester
159 posts
8,919 battles

the new control is ok but the old one seems to be bugged now, sometimes cant drag selection. I dont sealclubbing. The problem is for high tiers, now everyone know IJN CV is better. Please do more rework, buff midway and essex please..

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

I had deleted my message because I thought maybe I had accidentally pressed the WASD keys. A new game has confirmed that wasn't the case.

Often the CV will not turn despite rudder indicating full turn.

Edited by keskparane

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

So instead of introducing some manner for new CV players to learn how to manual attack. New players will instead not have any incentive/ mechanism to learn how to manual attack until they get into tier 6 in which case they won't have had any practical experience in using it and in many cases won't have any idea what is going on when they suddenly lose all their planes and complain endlessly about cheats and hacks. As well as the rest of their team complaining about noob CV players at tier 6. WG you've retarded any opportunity for new players to learn advanced skills until they are facing Cleveland's Atlanta's and Saipan's.

84 posts
4,438 battles

The new control is a little buggy but it's way much better than the old one. The bug I've experienced are the following

-Plane receive unintentional order to attack when I click somewhere need score point in the upper screen.

Sometime I can't move a plane to some sector of my left side screen but this can be solve after you autopilot the carrier.

Edited by Strik3agle98

318 posts
6,863 battles

I've played about 15 games today as a CV - which is more than i would normally do in one sitting, as this game play isn't a style i like to play. I've seen a variety of match making, an there really are issues with T4 and T5 CVs's since the removal of Manual abilities.

Playing a T4 game matched with a T5 enemy is fine because you have the same limitations - No strafe or manual drop, which is fair. But when you play a T5 and are matched against T6 - Enemy has strafe and manual drops, and to me ( relatively new CV player ) is so unbalanced, and makes said match not fun at all.

The only way you can over come this is by not allowing to up-tier past T5 for a CV unless you ( Wargaming ) can enable "manual" abilities to balance out the fact that the player is now bottom Tier, and then automatically enable the removal of manual abilities once the match is over. In doing this will allow a new CV captain the ability to learn manual abilities mixed in with Tier matched games for auto-drops. Granted that getting up-tiered isn't a constant thing, but it's something that should be taken into account.

Beta Tester
63 posts
15,448 battles

THis update introduced a ton of lag to CV play, so no i do not approve at all.

Agreed on the above. I thought I was experiencing that alone. I still used the old control. The lag makes the attack delay about 1 to 2 sec. Where I should drop accurately before now miss for the delayed attack. Not easy to target something moving fast and dodging. This patch makes me sad and angry. I persisted to stay around because carrier was still playable. Now I am waning in spirit.

318 posts
6,863 battles

Apparently, most CV clubbers used to care a lot..

Perhaps.

But from a mechanic perspective they should only match T4 and T5 together and not match T5 against T6, unless they can allow a T5 manual drop when against T6 MM.

1,105 posts

this is my advice :

1. ONLY ALLOW 1 CV for 1 team..... RIP SURFACE SHIP! imagine 2x4 TB from Zuiho and Hosho bombing 1 BB together

2. CV MM should be -1/+1, +2 tier ship is seriously make CV useless.... nerf AA range 1 KM for cleveland and Missouri should have the same AA as IOWA

3. MADE the TB for both USN and IJN FLY SLOWER for tier 4/5 when carrying torpedo, so the potato can make it in time send fighter to defend ship

4. no Invis AA please, a ship with AA farther than detectability should be nerfed like invisfiring (except in smoke)

5. CV control are bugged..... make me CANNT CLICK ANYTHING!

6. shooting AA from the smoked ship should have bullet appear like firing main battery, so it will force ship to turn of AA during smoked or their location is detected.

7. GIVE AADF for EVERY CV IN ALL TIER!!!

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

the game just made me quit the CV, i just got the Zuiho this morning, and it already became a useless CV, poor Zuiho

Zuiho will useless IF team are potatoes too or IF Bogue uses 201

keep play and get Ryujo fast you will fun

6. shooting AA from the smoked ship should have bullet appear like firing main battery, so it will force ship to turn of AA during smoked or their location is detected.

they did but I don't know why they removed

but I still see who are shooting main guns from in the smoke

Edited by Onlinegamer

16 posts
223 battles

Due to the CV rework. Many aspiring CV players will have a difficulty, if not lose hope, in playing tiers 4 and 5. Especially by the point wherein they would reach tier 6, their teams would basically rant about having CV players that are plain dumb in using manual strikes. Suppose that WG would appease players in tiers 4 and 5 due to the removal of manual strikes, this would still produce rage upon arriving at tier 6. Can you even blame the players that would be investing time in tier 4 and 5 CVs at 0.6.3 if they wouldn't learn manual drops or mess up tier 6 battles?

[LBAS]
4,472 posts
25,644 battles

CV GUI response to my command with lags, when I send my squadrons to some where, the first squadron not moving and I must click again. this bug stand for a year

[AUSNZ]
59 posts
11,655 battles

well I just had my first (laggy) match vs a Saipan.  wow its ever so OP now IMO.  Fighter duels are terrible, it can just leave a fight when it wants, yet i'm stuck in the duel or I have to lose a fighter.   due to this you cannot strafe a squad anymore when it engages you with its superior speed, it will just leave.  it picks and chooses now where to fight and I have no control at all over this. 

More and more i'm getting WOWs is a pay to win game. sad.  lucky im nearly upto Shokaku guess ill move up a tier not to deal with that crap anymore.

2,221 posts
13,701 battles

I'm finding the ALT escape from engagement appears to be limited. Seems to me it will work maybe once or twice in near succession then won't work again until relaunch/timeout/something. This means that if they have 2 squadrons compared to your 1 they can still bind you and you can't get away.